PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive not detected??

Nico
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I have a TV 8000 series reference 46PFL8606.
Connected to Internet via WLAN.

I want to record my TV programs, but cannot because the Hard Drive I connect is not dected by my TV.
The strange thing is that it is detected when I connect it on USB connector, I even can browse it's content.

But when I enter the TV guide menu to record I have a warning message mentioning that no Hard Drive is connected.
Also when following the procedure (first press pause from remote controller) to first format the hard drive nothing happens.

How my TV can detect my Hard drive in one hand when using the USB menu but cannot detect it when entering the TV guide menu?

for info the hard drive I connect is 1 To, USB 2.0, Western Digital MyBook Essential reference WD10000H1U-00 with external supply.

Thanks for your support

Philips - Thomas
04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi

The strange thing is that it is detected when I connect it on USB connector, I even can browse it's content.

if you connect it with this "USB connector" can you record?
what is this "USB connector"?

Regards
Thomas

Nico
04-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi

if you connect it with this "USB connector" can you record?
what is this "USB connector"?

Regards
Thomas

Sorry for my english.

My point is that my USB 2.0 Hard drive is connected to my TV via one of the 2 available USB plugs on my TV backside.

When I do that, the hard drive is detected by the TV, I can browse it's content from the TV.
but I don't understand why went trying to record I get an error message stating that no memory is connected and requesting me to plug a hard drive.

Same device connected in the same manner is detected by one menu/function of the TV but not by the record one.

Kind regards

Philips - Thomas
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi

the TV can not Record and Playback Files from one HDD.
The Format used, to record can not be used to playback.

Sorry but you need 2 different Drives.

Regards
Thomas

Nico
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi

the TV can not Record and Playback Files from one HDD.
The Format used, to record can not be used to playback.

Sorry but you need 2 different Drives.

Regards
Thomas

I understand that.
Is my english so bad? :)

so let me rephrase maybe in a simpler way.
Why my 46PFL8606 TV is not able to record using my Digital MyBook Essential reference WD10000H1U-00?

Thanks

Philips - Thomas
04-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi

to be able to record, the HDD needs to fit certain criterias.
Look to the experience from other Users:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forumdisplay.php?108-TV-USB-recording

to see what you gonna need.

Regards
Thomas