PDA

View Full Version : Is HTS9140 supported by MyRemote?

Nova
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi,

as described on the MyRemote app site some soundbars should be supported. Is this also valid for the current super ultimate HTS9140 soundbar or will this model never or after an app or firmware update be supported?

At the moment it seems that the only solution to play files from the network, is to select the files via the TV. It would be very useful if the files could be played without the TV (by selecting it via the mobile phone or via the PC (which is already switched on to host the DLNA server)). That is the most important point at the moment which prevents me from buying the soundbar. The network functionality is just intricate. Either the DLNA-Renderer (DMR) should be realized, so for example the "Play To" feature of Windows is enabled (just select a file -> "Play To" -> Soundbar) and/or the MyRemote app should support the soundbar. The DLNA-DMR functionality was already realized by Philips with the network players (for example NP3900) so that should actualy not be complicated.

Can a solution be expected for HTS9140?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Nova

Philips
04-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi, as described on the MyRemote app site some soundbars should be supported. Is this also valid for the current super ultimate HTS9140 soundbar or will this model never or after an app or firmware update be supported? .......Regards, Nova

Dear Nova,

Sorry but I have to disappoint you: this product was launched in 2010 and will therefore NOT be upgraded with MyRemote functionality.

Regards,
JuAn

Nova
04-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Hm, ok and which soundbar is supported? I thought HTS9140 is the best and freshest soundbar.

Toengel
04-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure, but I think HTSxxx3 are 2012 models... but only Philips knows...

See also: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3971-List-of-the-Home-Cinema-Sound-models-that-are-supported-in-this-forum

Toengel@Alex