PDA

View Full Version : How much signal strength is needed to receive HD channel via DVB-C without artefacts

DerShortyy
04-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi @all,

i own a 46pfl9706 and iīm wondering how much signal strength is needed to receive HD channels via DVB-C without artefacts ?? Since i have massive problems with sounddrops and picture artefacts iīm confused about what causes these problems. Everyone of the so called professionels tells me something else. My cable network provider says its caused by the internal tuner of my Philips TV. The retailer of my TV says its caused by the cable network provider because the signal strength is too low. My TV says i have 58% signal strength and 100% signal quality on HD channels. Is this too less? The HD+ topic is something beyond which shouldnīt be discussed at all. FYI my HD 110db cable is 15 meters long.
Maybe somebody else without problems can tell me his signal strength and how i can fix my problem???

Best regards

frog333
05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi DerShotyy,
i have the same problems with the signal. On my TV 46pfl8606 the signal is the same like yours, but on my VANTAGE the signal quality is by 89%.
I think there is a problem with Philips Tuner.

So in the moment i use my VANTAGE..

it not so cool..
best regards

DerShortyy
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi Frog,
i know that the Philips Hotline prefers an external receiver too, but this canīt be the solution, because i didnīt pay for corrupted internal receiver... If the hotline tells you a signal strength smaller than 70% causes the problems because the internal Philips tests reveals that, you can tell them they are wrong it depends on the MHz. For example, on 482Mhz with 58% signalstrenght, everythingīs just alright, no sounddrops and no picture artefacts. I found out that the internal receiver of the 46pfl9706 is corrupted between 500Mhz and 600Mhz. It is impossible to fix this with an distortion module.

frog333
05-06-2012, 08:40 AM
What say's Philips to this problem?

Your are right, it is not the solution to use a external reciver.
I hope my provider is changing something becaus the problem i have is since a few week's (signalstranght). Before it was OK with no sounddrops.

best regards markus

DerShortyy
05-06-2012, 05:38 PM
What say's Philips to this problem?

Your are right, it is not the solution to use a external reciver.
I hope my provider is changing something becaus the problem i have is since a few week's (signalstranght). Before it was OK with no sounddrops.

best regards markus

Philips is aware of this issue and investigates on it, but i think they donīt have an idea what it is... Itīs something in between, it might be caused by the provider but thereīs also something wrong in the TV because my neighbors doesnīt have such Problems with their devices

backhandguga
05-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Issues like this would take time. I would be patient enough to wait for this. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png