PDA

View Full Version : [Proposal] Enhance User Experience in Broadcast Detail View

Toengel
04-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I have a proposal for the detail view of a broadcast in the IP-EPG. Since this proposal can be done on server side, I think it's easy to implement.

Problem:

In the detail view of a broadcast, the font size of the description is sometimes very hard to read due to the small letters. Especially, if one is sitting e.g. about 4m away from a TV (even at a 55 inch TV it's hard to read). The already implemented zoom function of a webpage (via option key) isn't usable and far away from usability and user experience!

Suggestion:

Implement small buttons to increase the font size of the description. Should be only a small script. This could look like the following image (with 3 fixed font sizes):

To be even more flexible one could put other functionality behind 3 small buttons [A-], [A] and [A+], where [A-] should decrease the font size, [A] loads the default setting and [A+] should increase the font size.

This would enhance the user experience - at least from my point of view!

The chosen setting should be saved as cookie on the TV.

@Philips, @all

What do you think about it? It's a small step, but a giant leap for mank... user experience^^

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
04-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Nice, but I would rather have that Philips and Gracenote are going to work on ALL programinfo of ALL channels in Spain/Netherlands so we have a complete EPG.

miro9000
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Nice, but I would rather have that Philips and Gracenote are going to work on ALL programinfo of ALL channels in Spain/Netherlands so we have a complete EPG.

Hello again Erik :) . It has been a long fight, but I give up. I no longer belive in Philips. They're not going to improve their faulty guide. And the worst of all, they are not going to answer when they donīt like the question.

bta
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Toengel,

I totally agree to your suggestion. As you know I have already suggested a bigger font and have done a poll (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2607-Font-Size-at-IP-EPG&p=13317&viewfull=1#post13317). But I'm afraid that the engineers at Philips knows better what font Size is best than the users.
One short message to SmartTV developers: The time of 255-ACSII-video text-pages is over ;).

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta