PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.97.0 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Toengel
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi,

please post your user feedback about the new FW v0.14.97.0 here.

Changelog:
Q555x_x.14.97.0 (Date published: 2012-04-19)

Solution for wrong chars on DVB-S Czech EPG.
Solution for TV switches to standby within a few minutes .
Solution for intermittent set reboots mainly in DVB-S.
Solution so that the DVB-S cam module is accessible via the option menu.

Important: Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating (when TV is running again) the firmware (goto standby, wait 2 minutes and plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)!

If you have problems that the ZIP archive contain the old version (but the webpage indicates the new one), just add a parameter to the link. This prevents for downloading from some cache or proxy. For example:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/5/58pfl9956h_12/58pfl9956h_12_fus_eng.zip

add ?a=b at the end:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/5/58pfl9956h_12/58pfl9956h_12_fus_eng.zip?a=b

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi I just updated to the new firmware, and my first finding is that the PNM bug is still there.

How hard can it be to have PNM turned off by default when you set the TV on?

pjoslo
04-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Upgrade went smoothly on my 46pfl9706.
PNM bug still present.
Not noticed any changes in PQ between v0.14.96.0 and v0.14.97.0.

I am disappointed that Philips have still not recognised the PNM bug, and hope for a solution soon - it is very frustrating!

PJ

Eliot
04-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Thomas or anyone else at Philips,

Everyone has been very, very patient waitng for this latest update and still no fix for the PNM bug and still no mention of the issues with the local dimming.

The full array back lit screen was one of the main reasons I invested so much in this TV and I and many others are clearly feeling ignored by you guys in regard to these issues.

Can you please confirm these bugs are being worked upon and give us at least an idea when a solution will released.

Thanks,

Eliot

Toengel
04-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Hi,

@Philips
I get an error during extraction: the opensource.pdf cannot be extracted. However, the autorun.upg works... (tried with 7zip).

Toengel@Alex

aso
04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Thomas or anyone else at Philips,

Everyone has been very, very patient waitng for this latest update and still no fix for the PNM bug and still no mention of the issues with the local dimming.

The full array back lit screen was one of the main reasons I invested so much in this TV and I and many others are clearly feeling ignored by you guys in regard to these issues.

Can you please confirm these bugs are being worked upon and give us at least an idea when a solution will released.

Thanks,

Eliot

Hi Thomas or Philips development team, I have such a certain question, please answer !!!

local dimming !!!

unable to fix it or how !!!

this update is useless, does not solve the main problems...

46PFL9706K/02

aso...

Espen000
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Hello Philips,

For some unknown reason I am unable to update the latest FW driver. I extract alle the files to a USB and place it in the USB port of the TV (58PFL9956). I only get the message that there are no playable files on the USB.

I have updated the TV earlier but know it does not work. Any tips?

Regarding the Local Dimming issue:
I also see that in many movies/scenes where there is a lot of dark the TV dimms too much so there picture almost dissappears.

So it is not only unstable dimming but it takes away a lot of the image.

Example of issue is with "best effect" on in the figthing scenes of the movie "Real Steel" (end fight).

And finally; I am a little dissappointed as others here that there has been anothe 1,5 month since last update and no FIX for the picture quality issue. I do not care about smart tv functionality etc, I bought a TV to have a good experience in movies. I think most people can agree that this is the main driver for buying a new TV and I think Philips should have main focus on this!

Kind regards, Espen

banjeep
04-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Upgrade went smoothly on my 46pfl9706.
PNM bug still present.
Not noticed any changes in PQ between v0.14.96.0 and v0.14.97.0.

I am disappointed that Philips have still not recognised the PNM bug, and hope for a solution soon - it is very frustrating!

PJ
Yes,i quote all your message

Philiiiiiiiips:mad::mad::mad:
Are you kidding us?

DerShortyy
04-20-2012, 06:08 PM
i never noticed this PNM bug in the previous FW 's ...
but with 14.97 i now know what u all mean...

inthehouse
04-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Hello
please excuse my English. Google will help me to translate.

I have the Cinema 21:9 Platinum 58PFL9956 past two weeks, so a fresh new device.

I, unfortunately, with the '97 disappoint firmware of the device.

When we turn on the TV's PNM to put on the menu even though the point is made​​.

The local dimming is a disaster!

All the while, at the moment in the film Frightnight, it is wildly flashing on the screen no matter what setting.
Only one setting to Off finished flashing.

This may not be true. The image without local dimming looks bad, but I bought keien Cinema 21:9 Platinum 58PFL9956.

delivered my TV with 95er firmware was now there is already the '97 undes Flashes still extreme!

If this be fixed soon, the device is not worth anything, sorry

A TV set has to show first and foremost a great picture, everything is on the other side issue.

Is unfortunately not the case.

When the flash is minimized fixed /?

greeting

Google translation

Cinema 21:9
04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately, Philips takes its customers seriously!
All the problems are posted here for months, but it is simply ignored!
Not even one of the most famous artifacts have since been resolved, it is a shame!
I have never in my life seen such an unprofesionellen manufacturer!
It's like a nightmare from which we no longer wakes up.
Here, apparently only the rescission of the purchase contract!

(Google Translator)

banjeep
04-21-2012, 06:55 PM
for termination of the contract is late for me, but I never will buy a product philips

mduran
04-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Stop begging for a fix, it won't come. The only thing they are updating is the CI interface to be compatible with more countries. Priority one is: Sell as much TV's as possible. How can they do this, right, updating the CI to support more and more providers.

I don't think we will ever see a fix for MKV, subtitles, backlight dimming nor will we ever see the PNM bug resolved. If they could fix this, they've already had done this. Sit at your TV live with it, or sell it via ebay and buy a different brand. My 9603 from few years back had also bugs, they never fixed it also. Every brand has its flaws, but if the TV sells, why fix it?

I stopped buying products from Philips 3 years ago, after a failing vacuumcleaner, my DVD player with bad firmware support etc etc. But my hand itched watching the 9606 series. Damn ambilight, its like XTC, you get addicted, but after this, my TV will not be a Philips anymore also. This was the end for me.

Well lets hope I am wrong and they can fix it, what I do wonder is why none of the developers / Thomas asks people what, how or when the backlight issue occurs.

RomanSO
04-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Technical support of Philips is the worst support from all. It is necessary to dismiss all of you and to recruit normal engineers!

Cinema 21:9
04-22-2012, 08:48 AM
One of the 14.96er firmware apparently solved problem is there with the new software again.
Top and bottom of the screen is a 10 cm wide strip always bright and dark!
It's just cruel!
Really a software engineer from Philips has an appraised PFL58-9956 Cinema times itself, or do you have any Sony or Samsung devices at home and have to endure this tragedy in private?
It must be some notice that this unit has an unacceptable amount of aberrations?

- Often in the flash image
- Pumping strips above and below the picture
- Sometimes needlessly working Localdimming or gamma adjustment
- PNM Bug

(Google Translator)

inthehouse
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi all,

Today I noticed something which I hope you can help me.
With a light (white) image, with movement I see on the left is a slightly darker stain.
In view image pans very well.
Knows someone? What is it?

Local dimming on or off makes no difference.

Thank you for help.

Goggle translation

kookaburra
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
PLEASE PHILIPS. CONFIRM THAT I JUST ASK THAT ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM OF LOCAL-DIMMING, OR OTHERWISE HAVE TO CONTACT THE SERVICE SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM. IF NOT solve ANYTHING WITH A UPDATE, OR ON THE CONTRARY IS A FIRMWARE PROBLEM.
JUST ASK ONE OF PHILIPS PLEASE.

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR

erje
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
In the last two weeks my 46PFL9706T/12 (FW v0.14.97.0) goes into standby after 2 hours (120min) of operation which it also did before the last FW upgrade. Is this a known bug? :confused:

Toengel
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi,

did you pull the power cord for 2-3 minutes after the firmware update?

Toengel@Alex

21_9_78
04-23-2012, 07:54 PM
@Toengel is their diffirence if i just put my tv in standby after firmware update for 3mins? i can se the firmware comfirmes i now have 14.97.0 doesnt that meane the update worked

DerShortyy
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
In the last two weeks my 46PFL9706T/12 (FW v0.14.97.0) goes into standby after 2 hours (120min) of operation which it also did before the last FW upgrade. Is this a known bug? :confused:

I've experienced that too with all previous firmwares.... Did you bye your 9706 two weeks ago and 14.97 was preinstalled? because 14.97 is not available since two weeks...

everyone posting here is just a Beta Tester for 2012/2013 models, nothing will change. its just a trick to keep your faith until your warranty gets lost ... try to get rid of your buggy 2011 TV Modell as fast as possible before its too late

erje
04-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi,

did you pull the power cord for 2-3 minutes after the firmware update?

Toengel@Alex

I do not think so, I can always do it now.
Any difference on really pull the power cord physically vs using the switch on the side?

(The user manual mentions Automatically Switch off after 4 hours not 2 hours and I use a separate decoder and do not use the TV remote when the TV-set is on)

erje
04-24-2012, 06:15 AM
I've experienced that too with all previous firmwares.... Did you bye your 9706 two weeks ago and 14.97 was preinstalled? because 14.97 is not available since two weeks...

everyone posting here is just a Beta Tester for 2012/2013 models, nothing will change. its just a trick to keep your faith until your warranty gets lost ... try to get rid of your buggy 2011 TV Modell as fast as possible before its too late

No I purchased the TV in January and have used firmware 14.93 untill saturday when I installed 14.97. With both firmwares the 2 hours automatically swithch off has occured. it was really the reason for upgrading the firmware.

DerShortyy
04-24-2012, 06:24 AM
No I purchased the TV in January and have used firmware 14.93 untill saturday when I installed 14.97. With both firmwares the 2 hours automatically swithch off has occured. it was really the reason for upgrading the firmware.

I guess that "2 hrs shutdown" doesnīt appear everytime you watch TV...? so itīs not reproducable. And because you and me are just single cases there wonīt be any change...

Did you check if the Option "automatically shutdown" is switched off in the TV settings?

Best regards

erje
04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I guess that "2 hrs shutdown" doesnīt appear everytime you watch TV...? so itīs not reproducable. And because you and me are just single cases there wonīt be any change...

Did you check if the Option "automatically shutdown" is switched off in the TV settings?

Best regards

You may be right that it does not appear all the time. I will start logging from now on...
I have surfed around in the forum and the problem do appear in other models as well, I have seen reported 2, 3 or 4 hours.
In one case upgrading the Firmware and "pulling out the power cord for 3 minutes" as stated in a different post seem to have helped.

And yes - I have checked the "automatically shutdown" is switched off. Both through the the menu starting from the home symbol (and navigating down) and buy pushing the green button and verifying it is switched off.

Best regards
- will post again if I can see some progress with the problem

DerShortyy
04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
(The user manual mentions Automatically Switch off after 4 hours not 2 hours and I use a separate decoder and do not use the TV remote when the TV-set is on)

Do you have your decoder connected via HDMI 1 ARC? maybe the decoder went to standby automaticlly and takes the TV also to standby? Iīve experinced somthing similar by my parents.

erje
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Do you have your decoder connected via HDMI 1 ARC? maybe the decoder went to standby automaticlly and takes the TV also to standby? Iīve experinced somthing similar by my parents.

Yes, I have my decoder connected to the HDMI 1 ARC input. The decoder (cable TV-decoder) has no standby function that I know of but this might be a clue.
Actually I think there was a firmware/SW update on decoder - and after this the TV started to go into standby after 2 hours. I will follow-up this clue, but the cable TV service provider may not be communicative I fear... or it would be difficult to get hold of somebody who actually knows something. First I will check the FW/SW version on the decoder.

Philips - Thomas
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi erje

please get in contact with your local Service Desk
www.philips.com/contact

Regards
Thomas

kookaburra
04-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi erje

www.philips.com/contact

Regards
Thomas

And on the local-dimming no information?
Contact my local Service Desk or expect an update?

Thanks

google translator

erje
04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi erje

www.philips.com/contact

Regards
Thomas

Hi

I will do this tomorrow, thanks!

Philips - Thomas
04-25-2012, 06:30 AM
And on the local-dimming no information?
Contact my local Service Desk or expect an update?

Thanks

google translator

Hi

if you see trouble with your TV, contact the local Service Desk.

Regards
Thomas

kingzapp
04-25-2012, 07:54 AM
where is the new FW v0.14.97? i cant find it anywhere

Toengel
04-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi,

which TV do you have?

Toengel@Alex

kingzapp
04-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi,

which TV do you have?

Toengel@Alex

I got 9706...

and when are they gonna fix the PNM bug? its on when it says its off ? and of course the dimming problem... really diappointed

kookaburra
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

I think this response from philips with respect to local-dimming, is clearly not working on any solution. I suggest that you contact my service technician.

Google translator.

aso
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

Hmm Thank you Thomas for the perfect advice :confused:

Here is why this support forum ??

local Service Desk fix local dimming ?? or development team ??

you have contact on development team ??

if yes please post contact on this board !!!
They do not know when to tell you, we will write to them...

Regards

zlatko
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
@inthehouse
What you see is a nasty Philips' TVs problem known as Dirty Screen Effect - DSE. On light colored images when camera is moving horizontally you see artefacts like the screen is dirty. Philips is blatantly refusing to acknowledge this problem, keeping silence and running away from it.

nnay07
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
@inthehouse
What you see is a nasty Philips' TVs problem known as Dirty Screen Effect - DSE. On light colored images when camera is moving horizontally you see artefacts like the screen is dirty. Philips is blatantly refusing to acknowledge this problem, keeping silence and running away from it.
I could'nt have said it better.
+1

Gerrit
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas, are you with this advice in fact saying that the Local Dimming problem is found to be a (hardware) problem that now can be fixed by any Philips Service Desk?

Regards, Gerrit

zlatko
04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
@Gerrit
I have been in touch with local service care about DSE, they have escalated with Philips. There was a 9706 TV set in the service having even worse DSE than mine 9606. Philips did not want to investigate, they only suggested turning off light sensor and after it didn't work(of course!!) they suggested panel change. The service engineer advised not go with that cause the panel I will get in exchange will be suffering from DSE as well. He suggested I wait, hoping for Philips involvement and resolution of this issue in general.
I will just do this. And 6 months before my warranty is off I will escalate and demand replacement for a newer model or refund or panel change at least.

PS. Please, everybody reading about these issues here to contact Philips local care and report them. That can make Philips to at least investigate this. Look like Philips representatives in this forum are just ignoring these reports. With all my due respect this is not an honorable behavior.

kookaburra
04-26-2012, 09:45 AM
@Gerrit
I have been in touch with local service care about DSE, they have escalated with Philips. There was a 9706 TV set in the service having even worse DSE than mine 9606. Philips did not want to investigate, they only suggested turning off light sensor and after it didn't work(of course!!) they suggested panel change. The service engineer advised not go with that cause the panel I will get in exchange will be suffering from DSE as well. He suggested I wait, hoping for Philips involvement and resolution of this issue in general.
I will just do this. And 6 months before my warranty is off I will escalate and demand replacement for a newer model or refund or panel change at least.

PS. Please, everybody reading about these issues here to contact Philips local care and report them. That can make Philips to at least investigate this. Look like Philips representatives in this forum are just ignoring these reports. With all my due respect this is not an honorable behavior.

I do exactly the same. But I will wait to stay 6 months, I'll do when it becomes available in the new model, provided that the new does not have the same problem.

Google translator.

inthehouse
04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
@inthehouse

Hi Zlatko,

thank you for your reply to me. I also made pictures of this phenomenon. Is that still the DSE. ?

http://www.abload.de/thumb/img-1032_174098clreo.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img-1032_174098clreo.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/img-1033_174099k0qsh.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img-1033_174099k0qsh.jpg)

regards

Google Translate

zlatko
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
@inthehouse
Looks kinda different. DSE is mainly vertical stripes. Have not seen such a rounded DSE patterns so far. But I think the result is the same - you can see this on light colored screen especially when camera is moving horizontally.
Anyway in your case I suggest you turn to Philips local care, may be that is a different panel issue that can be fixed with panel replacement. But read @petasis' warning about this. Best is if you can get a new TV set.

Espen000
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM
@inthehouse
The dark area looks quite round and it almost looks like on of the backlight LEDs are turned off. Maybe there is a connection error in the LED behind the panel?

inthehouse
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

I've just contacted the Philips support via email.

I wrote to Philips support.

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

on 17/04/2012 I got the Platinum 21:9 delivered.
On 23/04/2012 I noticed when looking at the TV a white image on the left a small square in the image is not properly lit white but very slightly gray. You can see it properly in motion in the image and is very annoying.
At this point, the LEDs light up, unfortunately weaker.
I made two pictures I would like to share with you.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=1eqqwj.jpg

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=2atpps.jpg

The latest firmware 000,014,097,000, 2012-04-19 I have just been played, unfortunately without improvement. I fear that the LEDs at this point will fail completely. The unit is just 10 days old.

What can you please suggest me as a quick and professional solution?

Thank you for your efforts.

Sincerely, "

I am now waiting for response from Philips.

regards

Google translation

raziel89i
04-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi to everyone,
I have a Philips 46pfl8606m/08 and I have problem with the devices added to the menu.
The problem is really simple, the devices have disappeared from the menu of the tv and there's no simple way to make them return there.
I had two device added, ps3 on hdmi3 and a sat receiver on hdmi2.
I have manually added the sat receiver while the ps3 was automatically recognized by the tv.
However suddenly the two devices have disappeared from the menu.
The only way to watch the sat receiver is to click on "Source" and choose HDMI 2 .
I can't add again the sat receiver because if I start the procedure to add the device, HDMI 2 doesn't appear between the options, like it's already added.
It seems that HDMI 2 is still associated to the sat receiver, but it doesn't appear anymore in the menu. In fact when I click on "Source" and choose HDMI 2, on the TV i can see the written: "Sat receveir" appear.

For the ps3 I solved the problem disabling and re-enabling the hdmi-cec option on both devices (ps3 and tv). This is really frustating and it's not the first time it happens to me.

Googling around I've also found this:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/archive/index.php/t-3141.html?
It seems a problem similar to mine.
Hope in answer from someone,
Greetings

Ps: Sorry if my English is not too good

zlatko
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
@raziel89i
Just a quick thought - are you sure one of your devices is not on second main menu page?

raziel89i
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
@raziel89i
Just a quick thought - are you sure one of your devices is not on second main menu page?
Thanks for the reply but yes I'm sure... The first page is not even complete.

BjornRuud
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Same problems as before on a 46PFL9706T:

- Occasional digital pop/crackle on optical audio out.
- Dirty screen effect.
- Erronous dimming at top and/or bottom in horizontal bars. It doesn't happen often but is very annoying. It may be a coincidence, but it seems to happen more often on TV material that has a logo in a corner.
- Discoloring when image transitions quickly from dark to light.
- I had the PNM bug on the firmware that came from the factory but not after upgrading. That may be because I don't use any picture enhancement features except local dimming (dynamic backlight) as the bug is obviously still there based on feedback in this forum.

Looking at the past changelogs I can't help but feel Philips are prioritizing the wrong issues. The 9000 and 21:9 series are high-end models, and image quality issues should take precedence over feature issues on those.

If Philips are unable or unwilling to fix the firmware, at least consider opening up development in some way. I and I'm sure many other programmers are perfectly capable of fixing these issues. The situation is really frustrating as we're stuck with good hardware and bad software, and there is absolute silence from Philips on these matters.

dk8pn
04-29-2012, 06:57 AM

See the 120 minutes switch-off for my 32PFL9606K also. Saw it also with older firmware.

erje
04-30-2012, 09:15 AM
See the 120 minutes switch-off for my 32PFL9606K also. Saw it also with older firmware.

Hi
The 120 minutes switch off seem to be more present when I go from Standby to ON ("warm start") than when I use the main switch to switch ON ("cold start"),
Anyway I have ordered service from Philips which will send some service-technician in a couple of days.

- And I looked at the event log which says 6 SW resets (probably the 2 hour switch off).
(Consumer Service Log (CSM) accessible by pushing 123654 on the remote. SW reset counter on page 3)

malacitana
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Philips,

please get to grips with the PNM problem, it is very annoying. Unfortunately, even after manually turning PNM on and off again, PNM is not switched off altogether. It appears that the minimum level of PNM is always on, regardless of the menu settings. In contrast, when the video source is not from the internal TV receiver but from an HDMI input, then everything works fine!

Moreover, when I watch video from an HDMI input, the picture is sporadically dropped (black screen), the drop lasting around 1-2 seconds.

Please fix these two major bugs!

(I have the 46PFL9706K/02 model with the latest 14.97 firmware).

BjornRuud
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Moreover, when I watch video from an HDMI input, the picture is sporadically dropped (black screen), the drop lasting around 1-2 seconds.
What kind of device is your input source? I have this problem with my Boxee Box, but not with my BluRay player or Xbox 360. With the Boxee it happens only once after turning it on, and I think it is has to do with how it handles EDID information.

malacitana
04-30-2012, 09:11 PM
What kind of device is your input source? I have this problem with my Boxee Box, but not with my BluRay player or Xbox 360. With the Boxee it happens only once after turning it on, and I think it is has to do with how it handles EDID information.

I have the problem with both, my AppleTV and a Sony Blueray Player. Most of the time it seems to occur only once after switching to the input source. But not necessarily immediately, it can also happen after a while, say 1 hour.

MilkyOne
05-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Don't know if anyone reported it yet, but i found a bug with the sleep timer function.
After you set it up, after you get the message in the TV that the TV will turn off in 1 minute, if you go to the menu and add more time, when that minute ends the TV still turns off, i even notice that after adding more time i return to the menu and the time is there.

Also its impossible to disable it after that message, i tried to set it again to 5 minutes for example, save it and then return to the option and put it back to 0, but the TV still turns off.

Anyone can confirm this behavior?

Toengel
05-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi,

this bug is known since 2010 TV series...

Toengel@Alex

MilkyOne
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
After reading many threads in this forum about bugs that aren't fixed, i'ved tried to keep my faith on my TV and on philips... but a simple bug is known since 2010 TV series and doens't get fixed.....

I'm losing my faith on philips.... In spite of the problems of my 46PFL9706 I'm still satisfied with the TV but i think it was the second and the last TV from the brand... I'm going to try another brand next time... Perhaps a Samsung or LG.

Thks for your answer.

DerShortyy
05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
@Thomas-Philips:
donīt think that 14.97 solved any mentioned bugs just because nobody claims anything anymore, this is just because reported bugs just gets ignored or are just fixed with a previous range of TV. People feel abused by such behaviour and are just frustrated... here is another bug you can fix with upcoming 2012/2013 ranges. yesterday my 9706 shows up a menu while pressing volume up and down which looks like a menu when being in HDMI mode of my HTS9221. it was the same options menu like when you press options in HTS mode---

DerShortyy
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
and still HBBTV crashes the network connection...

Toengel
05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi,

firmware 14.98 is out - please install and post your feedback: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5795-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-98-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)

Toengel@Alex