PDA

View Full Version : HTS9140 or 7140 and STS8000 TV Stand compatibility

Speeddemon
04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Good afternoon.

I had a HTS8100 soundbar that died last week (very low sound volume at maximum level).

I'll have to replace it with a HTS9140 or HTS7140 model and I only doubt is this: are these models compatible with Philips tv stand STS8000?

I had my HTS81000 and 37PF9732D assembled in the STS8000 tv stand and I fear that these new models may not be installed in this tv stand.

Can anyone help me out in here?

Best regards,

RP

Oscar
04-23-2012, 08:13 AM
This is the stand were you can move the parts were you connect the HTS to no?

In this case yes it works since you can addapt it

Speeddemon
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
This is the stand were you can move the parts were you connect the HTS to no?

In this case yes it works since you can addapt it

Dear Oscar, this is the stand in which I've assembled the TV set and the soundbar on - the soundbar stays positioned below the tv set and the stand enables me to turn both tv set and soundbar.
Please, refer to: http://gb.kagoo.com/reviews/1000340/Philips-STS8000-STS8000-Reviews.html

or here: http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/812893_-sts8000-philips.html

Best regards, RP

Nettle
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello Speeddemon,

watching the second image attached I would say yes.

I've got an HTS7140 and the rear supports look like the same.

You should check the distance between the 2 STS8000 "soundbar" plugs. In my opinion they should be ok.

Regards

Speeddemon
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Good afternoon.

To finish this post, I finally received my new HTS9140 soundbar system. After unpacking the device, I soon found out that the fixation system would not be compatible with the one installed in my previous HTS8100... The wall mount sockets are more apart than the ones in the 8100. Furthermore, as the 9140 is slimmer, it would end up below my tv set and would render the upper dvd slot system useless... I'll ask a friend of mine to machine two metal supports in order to compensate the gap in the wall mount sockets and to bring the soundbar in to the front of the tv.

To worsen things even more, after installing all the wires and connection I soon found out that the soundbar only worked for 15 seconds, crashing afterwards... I'd received a DOA!!!! crap... I understand that these things happen, but for a 1.000€ retail price sound system, I was expecting a lot more...

Again, to worsen thing more, the Technical Assistance Center decided to repair the unit - and did not propose me to exchange it for a new one. As a result, I've been expecting for a part since the 8th of April!!!

I gave them until tomorrow to try to repair the unit. Otherwise, I'll ask them for a new one, as I cannot wait one week for the whole unit and one month for a simple replacement part - and after having paid a large amount of money for this unit...

Best regards,

Philips - Remko
05-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi speeddemon,

I have send you a personal message. please check your inbox.

Kind regards,