PDA

View Full Version : Latest Firmware Update does not fix Airplay connectivity issues DS9800W

zoyss
04-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi Philips Support,

running on the new Firmware 3.8.88.1000 i still experience drops in the Airplay connectivity.

I am 100% sure my network connection is set up correctly and fully functional.

The DS9800W just "crashes" and forget it's network name and lose all connectivity to iTunes (mac), iTunes (PC) or iPhone4 (dock studio app, apple remote app and music app).
After restarting e.g. iTunes the DS9800W shows up as "BridgeCo 047EB5" and i can access it again sometimes. Mostly i have to restart the speakers or worst case run through the set-up process again.

I would be very happy if i can get some official statement from Philips about this issue and when to expect a fix.

Thanks, Martin

zoyss
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
hey guys,

this is what you call support? Not even a reaction, statement? Just nothing?

Disappointing

Philips - Remko
04-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Dear zoyss,

Appologies for the late response!

We are currently checking with our support team, we will come back as soon as we have more info.

Kind regards,

zoyss
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Remko, any updates? The issues are still the same. Any Fix in sight?

Thanks, Martin

zoyss
05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey this is really a helpful support forum.... 4 weeks and not even an Update? A hint? A wild guess?

Customer obsession is something completely else entirely!

Philips - Remko
05-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi zoyss,

I have send you a personal message. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,

jtyrrell
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey Remko, I am tossing up between the DS9800W and the Zeppelin Air. It would be good if you could provide information to everyone on this matter.

Beleg
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I whish I did some more research before I bought theses speakers.
I have the same problem. Randomly the speakers will go dead silent when playing music via airplay. They are still listed in my device/apps for a few seconds before they dissapear. Untill the device updates its information, I guess. It can happen after 30 sec or two hours or every 20 minutes. A reboot of the speakers is all that seem to work to get sound again. There are no significant additional traffic on the wireless network when it happens.

IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING HAVING YOUR MUSIC CUT OFF ALL THE TIME AND HAVING TO GET UP AND REBOOTING. This is not how you are supposed to enjoy your new WIRELESS speakers.

I use:
iPhone 4 IOS 5.1 as source
Airport Express, 2 meters from speakers. Serial 6F0233NT2UF, Version 7.6.1
I dont know firmware of speakers. It is not listed in your app. You have the serialnumber of the speakers in my profile. You should be able to find out what firmware they were sold with.

If your "fix" is a firmware upgrade that internaly reboots the speakers when they "crash", with a long pause in the music as a result and manually having to select speakers again, this is not an acceptable solution...

I was in the hospital for two weeks the day after I got the speakers. Otherwise I would have cancelled the buy right away. Now I am stuck with a pair of defect speakers for a premium price. For me, at least.

Beleg
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you guys interested in troubleshooting this at all? Do you want any more info? Are you reading here at all? Can I get a refund fron Philips directly? Store will just give me a new pair. If even that...

jamesray
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Are you guys interested in troubleshooting this at all? Do you want any more info? Are you reading here at all? Can I get a refund fron Philips directly? Store will just give me a new pair. If even that...

Thanks for sharing your information here. I was in doubt to buy this pair of speakers. But the lack of interest from Philips to solve this problem and inform customers helped to made my decision easy; I won't buy this speakerset.

It's really a shame.

Philips - Remko
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

Can you please try the following:

-Make sure that your Fidelio AirPlay speaker is located within the WiFi coverage range of the router by taking wifi signal strength as reference from iPhone/iPod/iPad
-If there are other devices connected to the same WiFi network with AirPlay at the same time, it is recommended to turn off those devices that connect to the router, or minimize any other internet connections activities within the same network
-If you detect that there are multiple SSIDs/WiFi network connections in the area where Fidelio AirPlay speakers are positioned, itīs likely that the network environment is crowded and cause WiFi connectivity interference. Connectivity can be optimized by enabling Auto Channel Scan option on your router (only applicable if supported by router,please check with router supplier for details). You can also enable Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling (WISH) option or Quality of Service (OoS) option on your router (only applicable if supported by router,please check with router supplier for details).

Also could you inform what routers you are using.

Kind regards,

Beleg
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
What you are describing is solutions to the problem of having stuttering in the music due to bad reception or low connectivity. What about when the speakers crash so that only a reboot is the solution? Is there a hardware or software bug that you are trying to ignore?
My speakers have an excellent connection to my Airport express. Music isn't stuttering. The speakers just die...

Oscar
06-11-2012, 09:41 AM
So you say they just die the speakers? That does not look good

zoyss
07-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi,

still no solution or wild guess from Philips about this Issue. My original request is over two months old. I exchanged PMs with Philips support but never got a helpful answer back. Your Support Forum is a Joke!

By they way i now got the "red blinking led from hell"-Symptom and the speakers will be picked up from Philips repair service on monday. Hope they deliver a better pair back :)

To all others in this forum waiting for help: It's useless, sorry. Philips is not customer focused, not responsive, not helpful. A waste of time and hope.

Signing Off