PDA

View Full Version : 40PFL5206H/12 Teletext HDMI

pvankeer
04-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello,
we just got our TV 40PFL5206H/12 and have a digibox telenet connected though HDMI
All works except teletext .
The text button of the TV does nothing.
We did not have this problem with our Sony TV

Can anyone help?

best Regards
Patrick

Toengel
04-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi,

from my point of view you try to do the following: pressing the text button of your TV remote should do something on your digibox, right?

This can only be done, if the feature is availalbe via HDMI-CEC (aka Easylink @ Philips). Be sure, Easylink is activated on both devices. Also check support website, if you have the latest firmware running.

Toengel@Alex

pvankeer
04-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Hello Toengel
Yes that is it. The philips remote text button does nothing.
I dont have any any if the Telelenet Digibox supports HDMI-CEC...have t find out
Just been online with a philips sipport team and they say it will never work with HDMI
Teletext info is not send through the HDMI cable....
I need to also connect the normal cable...
But that didnt work either....
Had Sony all the time before....just though I'll change to a philpis this time. So all other equipment is the same...all connections the same and still does not work.
Oh yes I switched to TV (analog) on the philips and then teletext works with the TEXT button on philips remote.
Whe n i switch to HDMO ...text does nothing

Freddy
04-21-2012, 01:51 PM
"Correct"... :( Unfortunately Teletext, indeed, is not supported through HDMI, so you have two options:

- use the Teletext feature on the Digibox itself, i.e. there should be a Teletext button on the Digibox remote;
- or watch the Digibox channels through Scart (instead of HDMI); as long as you're watching SD-channels, this should not really be a problem and in that case your tv's Teletext will work. Of course if you're watching HD-channels, this is not a good idea.

pvankeer
04-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello
Ty for your options:
-The scart is not an option because the channels are on HD

-I tried the Telenet digibox remote and this does seem to work however i cant find the pause button to stop pages...
But thats a telenet remote problem not a philips one.

Its just strange that in this time were they promote HD channels so you need to use HDMI that teletext does not work...

Toengel
04-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi,

the buttons on your TV remote (such as text) are working, if you are using the internal tuner. On every TV, the remote button functionality is primarily for the internal tuner.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
04-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi

i think all what one can say has been said already, however just one notice.
No one will promise you that the Teletext will work via Scart, sure it is more likely like via HDMI ;) but we will not promise that.
Maybe as an option for you, a Universal Remote, set every key to work with the TV, except the Teletext one, that one you could Program to control directly the Receiver.

Regards
Thomas