PDA

View Full Version : TV Guide on 32pdl7906

Timbo
04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I have just bought a 32PDL7906. For a top price TV I cannot believe how poor the TV guide is on Freeview. It must be the worst guide around today with a fixed grid located in a awkward place in the menu . Even the cheapest TVs these days are better than this.

Its a shame because the TV could be really good and it is let down badly by what appears to be lazy programming in one area.

Toengel
04-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi,

are you using the EPG from the broadcaster or the online IP-EPG?

Toengel@Alex

Timbo
04-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Hi,

are you using the EPG from the broadcaster or the online IP-EPG?

Toengel@Alex

Hi

I have tried both settings but I get the same result. Changing the setting does appear to make any difference. Am I missing something?

/Tim

Toengel
04-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi,

for IP-EPG you need a working internet connection on your TV. Do you have installed the latest firmare, too?

Toengel@Alex

Timbo
04-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Yes I have updated the firmware and the network connection appears to be working. - I can access netTV.

The guide updates but the format is a fixed grid - very basic in appearance.

Any help appreciated.

Below is a photo of what I see. Surely there must be a better guide available than this?

Philips - Thomas
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi

Please Note that IP-EPG is not supported in every Country!
In UK f.e. we don't support it.
So in this Countries you only have the Broadcaster EPG, this what you see in your Screenshot.

Regards
Thomas

Timbo
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi

Please Note that IP-EPG is not supported in every Country!
In UK f.e. we don't support it.
So in this Countries you only have the Broadcaster EPG, this what you see in your Screenshot.

Regards
Thomas

Its a shame. Philips are so good in some areas (eg picture, ambilight) and so poor in others Programme Guide and lack of programme info on screen when changing channel. Basic things like these in my opinion really let down your TVs and they could be so easily fixed.

I have decided I cant live it and so I am taking it back to John Lewis.

/Tim