PDA

View Full Version : bdp9600 not suported?

schau
04-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi, I just read in this forum that the flagship bdp 9600 is not suported by myremote. Will this change with an update soon?

Toengel
04-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi,

only BDPs from 2011 onwards are supported by MyRemote. Since the 9600 is a 2010 device this feature won't come. But, if you have a Philips TV (which is supported by MyRemote), you can control your 9600 via Easylink of the TV.

Toengel@Alex

schau
04-28-2012, 01:18 PM
It seems that the bdp9600 is not a very popular device. Otherwise Philips would have to do some action.

@toengel@alex: Do you own a philips device? -
I guess not. What's the point using a mobile phone as a remote for the tw with that lousy app. It is complete nonsense.

And furthermore the userinterface of the philips tw and bluray is not useable either. I give you an examlpe:
I have about 700 cd's on my NAS. How can you get down a list of a few hundred items if you just have a button that goes one item down? I can tell you how - slowly.

If you can proof me otherwise I'd be a bit happier.
Cheers

Toengel
04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I have the BDP9600... and the software basis won't change - so no MyRemote. MyRemote is supported by 2011 devices an up.

Toengel@Alex

schau
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh-hello,
Should have checked your profil.

So then, I guess there is nothing to expect from philips. Once again I bought something useless (in my case) I think I didn't read the small print.

Ok-have to abandom philips. It's a shame - sound quality is fine.

Thanks, bye.

tetrapackage
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
It would be a lesson for everyone that you need to read everything including manuals, guides and T&C before buying something you want to use. Otherwise, you only have to blame it to yourself. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-wink.gif

schau
06-25-2012, 01:59 PM
It would be a lesson for everyone that you need to read everything including manuals, guides and T&C before buying something you want to use. Otherwise, you only have to blame it to yourself. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-wink.gif

Come on! - I read quite a lot. I think it was not possible to have forseen that misery using the player with a NAS.