PDA

View Full Version : 42pfl7656 remote control

dA_RoB
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi guys,

Few days ago I've noticed that the "CH-" button on my remote control doesn't respond properly.
Since today, this button won't work at all. I've put new batteries into the remote, still same.
If i check if the IR lamp is working for other buttons, it is ok, but not ok for this button.

Anyone had same problems?
What does Philips recommend in such situations? Go to the shop and look for replacement or send the remote directly to philips?

Thank You!

BR
RoB

Toengel
04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,

is your TV up to date? Try to pull power cord for 2-3 Minutes. Try if you can control your TV with MyRemote app...

Toengel@Alex

dA_RoB
04-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Tongel,

No, my TV is not up to date. This is not going to change in the near future.

I don't think that my problem has to do anything with the TV itself. As i wrote, it's the remote that doesn't work. I have held my camera in front of the IR lamp and saw that the remote is not reacting when i press "CH-". However, it is reacting when i press the other keys! So it's definitely a problem in the remote!

Thank You!

BR
RoB

Philips - Thomas
04-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi

if you could proof that it is the Remote, just contact the local Help Desk www.philips.com/contact

Regards
Thomas

matthias
05-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I have similar problems with the remote control of my TV (32PFL7606).
CH.up&down only works, when I press the key very very hard to make it work at all.
For the inner ring and the Volume, I have to press much harder than e.g. for the number keys.

I found a RC 2422 549 02362 on ebay quite cheap, so I just bought that one, because I wasn't sure, if it was just me. Also, I find the egg pretty inconvenient for buttons close to the edge, and the RC 2442 has more buttons, such as Record, NetTV, Format and Info - just unfortunately no Adjust button to switch on 3D. For this, I still need the original RC.

But as it seems, I'm not alone with this issue, so I'll contact the local help desk, as Thomas suggested.

dA_RoB
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
So, just for the Feedback:

So on Thomas suggestion, i have contacted the support per Mail. I've found the contact details somewhere on the Philips homepage.
They contacted me on the same day stating that the new remote is just being packed and i should receive it within 3-4 days.
The new remote came within 5 days which didn't matter to me since i was on holiday.
The remote was not the same. I have noticed a slight difference which is only of a benefit for me (if it works - didn't try it yet, since now I'm on a business trip). It has now a recording button :)
Also, if it doesn't help, i am very happy and satisfied with this support.

Thanks!

BR
RoB