PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.06 issue SA3ARA04K/02? Back button.

nisok
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I bought this device before few days.
And I upgraded to 2.06 yesterday.

Everything on the upgrade went smooth.

BUT after the upgrade when I press the "back" button at the "playing now" screen (after few seconds of listening to the track), instead of going the list with the album's songs I go to the main screen!!

No matter if I press and hold or just press it.

Which is the meaning of this function?

nisok
04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Today ....

as far as I can understand the "return" button works as a "back" button and not a "level up".
And on certain occasions it forgets the history.

My opinion is that this functionality is highly unpractical. Even if it would function properly.

Could someone of the developers justify this choice?

I bought this device before few days.
And I upgraded to 2.06 yesterday.

Everything on the upgrade went smooth.

BUT after the upgrade when I press the "back" button at the "playing now" screen (after few seconds of listening to the track), instead of going the list with the album's songs I go to the main screen!!

No matter if I press and hold or just press it.

Which is the meaning of this function?

nisok
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
This is the big difference between philips and apple.
In an apple support forum I would already have a reply or a bug fix.

Here ... nothing!

(Probably this post will be moded).

Philips - Remko
04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Nisok,

I have tested this and not seen the issue yet. I will do various more tests and let you knwo the outcome.

Kind regards,

Philips - Remko
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi nisok,

After some more testing I saw the following.

1) The issue cannot be reproduced if you press the return button within a very short period say within 10 sec (this depends how long you have set your backlight timer to).

2) The issue can be reproduced though if you did not set a screensaver (set as NONE in settings), In this case after 10 sec (depending on the backlight timer) and you do not press any key, pressing return button may mean to go to the main menu.

If you would like to disable this, go to settings > display settings > backlight timer > always on.

Kind regards,

nisok
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
hi Remko

Thank you for your reply :)

I confirm your tests.
But still it is not reasonable to reduce the lifetime of the battery just to be able to select a song which e.g. is an unknown number of songs ahead from the one I am hearing, right now. Or have to go all the way again (main screen - album selection - the song I like).

The most logical way would be, to always go one step back with one press.
And to the main screen with a prolonged press.

Kind regards.

Philips - Remko
04-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi nisok,

Thank you very much for your comment. We will take this into consideration for our future development input.

Kind regards,