PDA

View Full Version : BDP5200 Latest Firmware upgrade (V1.52) has been released

Philips - Remko
04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
• V1.52 is only released for BDP5200/05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78

• BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31

V1.52 includes the following changes:

• Philips SimplyShare is now supported. Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone. You are now ready to enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly. You can find the SimplyShare application activation code by going to Setup > Advanced > Version Information.

• Maxdome Video-on-demand service is now enabled.

The former firmware version includes the following changes:

• YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV. (V1.42)
• Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV. (V1.35)
• Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’. (V1.35)
• Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV. (V1.35)
• Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive. (V1.35)
• Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria. (V1.35)
• Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)
o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.
• Added a ‘Fast Wake-up’ feature. It allows your player to wake up much faster from power standby. After software upgrade, go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Preferences’ to enable this new feature.(v1.16)
• Enable ‘Smartphone Control’ feature. Now, you can use your smartphone (i.e., iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phone) to be a remote control of your player. You can download the app ‘MyRemote’ from AppStore for Apple devices or App Market for Android devices. (v1.16)
• Fixes the following issues: (v1.16)
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
 ‘Uitzending Gemist’ for Netherlands
 ‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams:
 ‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands
o Correct display information of the local display on the player.
o Enable a online video store service - ‘Videociety’ in Germany.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Jello
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
On the german website of the BDP5200/12,
there is only the Firmware upgrade V1.42 of 2012-02-14, not 1.52:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=BDP5200/12&slg=de&scy=DE

Can you fix it or post a direct downloadlink, thank you.

Toengel
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi,

all updates are not available yet on the servers...

Toengel@Alex

cybin
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Got it installed, but where is Maxdome?

Can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Jello
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
On the german website of the BDP5200/12,
there is only the Firmware upgrade V1.42 of 2012-02-14, not 1.52:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=BDP5200/12&slg=de&scy=DE

Download V 1.52 is online.

cybin
04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.philips.de/c/catalog/fragments/support/software_related_document_display.jsp?docType=FUS&country=DE&languageCode=DEU&ctn=BDP5200%2F12&catalogType=CONSUMER&language=de&selRelDocType=FHI&relatedDocTypes=FHI%2CFIN%2CFUR

Look there...

Jello
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Can't find Maxdome, too...

"Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone."

Is there a software for PC?
Where to downloading?

Toengel
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Simply Share is based on Twonky Server - you can install this also on PCs.

Toengel@Alex

blckcat
04-27-2012, 06:18 AM
I'vd done the V1.52 upgrade, but did not find the maxdome service. Where can i find it?

Michael

Toengel
04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I think, the firmware is now ready for Maxdome, but the app isn't disabled until a certain amount of users have installed 1.52.

Toengel@Alex

blckcat
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I think, the firmware is now ready for Maxdome, but the app isn't disabled until a certain amount of users have installed 1.52.

Toengel@Alex

What a crazy idea to enable a feature in dependence of the number counts of customers firmware upgrades. Are you sure about that behaviour?

Michael

Toengel
04-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi,

first - I noticed a wrong word in my post - replace "disabled" with "enabled" or "isn't" with is...

I don't know, if the Net TV portal can check if you have the latest firmware on your device. But imaging you have the old firmware and maxdome is enabled and you are paying for the content...

Toengel@Alex

cybin
04-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi,

first - I noticed a wrong word in my post - replace "disabled" with "enabled" or "isn't" with is...

I don't know, if the Net TV portal can check if you have the latest firmware on your device. But imaging you have the old firmware and maxdome is enabled and you are paying for the content...

Toengel@Alex

I think that installed apps can check for the version and tell you about a wrong firmware.

neilski
04-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Hmm, are these really the only changes in the firmware?
And is Maxdome even going to be available in the UK?
If not then (since I don't see the need to hook up an Android phone) I guess I'll skip this one.

Still hoping that iPlayer will be uncrippled some day soon :-/

Chrissie18
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Can't find Maxdome, too...

"Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone."

Is there a software for PC?
Where to downloading?

You can also just use Windows Media Player.
The BDP is listed as 'media streaming device'. Just right-click on the media from the library and select 'Play to...'

The strangest thing is, that this now works on my BDP5200 (so I can push audio/video to the player from the laptop), but still the 'Browse PC' Option from the HOME screen still blocks... e.g. it just animates and stays on the HOME screen).

Have a nice weekend!
Greets,
Chris

stefanoriz
04-29-2012, 04:27 AM
I re-tested the new firmware 1.52 for 5200/12:
my hd 2.5" western digital 500 gb formatted ntfs does not work.
Everything's fine with old firmware 1.42.

Please place the thing because with this new firmware is better internet surfing.
thanks

rchittay
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi ,

I recently bought BDP5200 blu ray player , infact last month. The version it is on 1.16 and i tried to update it. I tried to update it through network ( Myplayer has a wired connection to the router ) and after a sucessful download , it's displaying an error , not the correct version .

I tried downloading it to an USB and tried updating , failed again , but with a different error message.

If needed i can post the exact error messages as i dont remember it off hand.

Please guide me with this

Regards
Rajesh

Oscar
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Did you follow these steps exactly:

Extract the firmware upgrade folder from the downloaded firmware package. Note: Please DO NOT rename either the folder name or the file name in the folder to avoid an upgrade corruption.
ii. Copy the extracted folder with the firmware file to the root directory in the USB flash drive.

make sure you use an empty USB and that there is no disc in the tray

MisterDonna
05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Since firmware update 1.52 my BDP5200/12 doesn't detect NTFS-HDD's. Tried FAT-formatted USB-stick, no problem. I've got a lot of MKV-files >4GB, so I need NTFS.
Philips, please fix this bug!

stefanoriz
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Exactly, the problem is this: ntfs is not recognized. With the previous firmware 1.42 ntfs was duly recognized. Strange that a few users have noticed the problem.

neilski
05-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Weird. NTFS support dropped deliberately??

davidez
05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
My 5200, firmware 1.52 works well with HDD 500 GB NTFS formatted (LG HXD2 2.5''), no problems.

Gonzo_2
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
NTFS on 8GB USB Stick does work here, but:

Since 2-3 Days my Net-TV is gone!

When I select it, the Screen stays with the blue Background and nothing else happens...

Anyone else here with this experience?

neilski
05-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Must admit I haven't tried it for ages - never found anything worth using on NetTV. May I ask what useful apps you have found? (Will try NetTV when I can and report back ;-))

Gonzo_2
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I use it quite often..(must say that I´m living in Germany)
Sometimes I watch Broadcasts which i did miss on Arte+7 or ZDF Mediathek, My Spass, or just watch the Weatherforecast or some Music-Videos on Q-Tom.

I´m just wondering if there´s a fault in my Player or if it´s again due to some rearrangments on the Philips side, as it was some times before...

P.S.: A reset to factory-settings made Net-TV available again!

So - all is O.K.!

cybin
05-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Weird...

Though I've already installed this firmware, today my BDP5200/12 found a new one online.

After download and installation, the version info is empty. It now looks like this:

Softwareversion:
System SW: 1.55

Did I miss something? But still now Maxdome.

davidez
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
So am I cybin, and now usb hdd drive NTFS formatted sometimes is not recognized. :mad:

Philips - QK
05-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Daer all,

Could you please advise if you still see this NTFS HDD not be supported issue with new v1.55 firmware?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team