PDA

View Full Version : 65pus8102 android tv 7

BrianGraaf
01-19-2018, 12:08 PM
When will the 65pus8102 receive the update to android tv 7? Seems older models already have it, but the newest model don't?

Philips - Cristina
01-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Hi,

We are working on the Android update for newer sets. At the moment we don't have ETA yet.

arsenio3d
01-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Hi,

We are working on the Android update for newer sets. At the moment we don't have ETA yet.

I am thinking about buying the 65PUS8102, which version of Android is currently available for it and will the next update be version 7 or 8?

Thanks.

BrianGraaf
01-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Currently we have android 6 and android 7 is expected 'soon'. Please check your PM I have send you a message.

arsenio3d
01-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Currently we have android 6 and android 7 is expected 'soon'. Please check your PM I have send you a message.

Thanks, I hope they actually release it soon then, because from what I've seen on forums and on the app store, Philips aren't exactly busy bee's when it comes to software updates etc.

I've placed an order for the 65PUS8102, looking forward to trying it out!

Larsa
01-31-2018, 09:32 AM
Thanks, I hope they actually release it soon then, because from what I've seen on forums and on the app store, Philips aren't exactly busy bee's when it comes to software updates etc.

I've placed an order for the 65PUS8102, looking forward to trying it out!

Be sure to know the limitation of that TV, got one my self and which I did not buy it.
No Bluetooth audio
No Multi remote support (Logitech harmony)
Broken Bluetooth game controller interface (breaks and must connect multipler times)
Bruken audio out SPDIF and HDMI audio. (sound stops working, high pitch noices, audio out of sync) change imput usally fixes that, but it tends to happen at least every night.
My Picture quality is bad on my set.

ddozen
01-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Be sure to know the limitation of that TV, got one my self and which I did not buy it.
No Multi remote support (Logitech harmony)
]

What do you mean? I have harmony hub with remote and it works ok. The only issue is lack of direct input selection. But my previous Philips TV had same thing and there is a inbuilt workaround for such TVs in harmony.

Larsa
02-02-2018, 02:03 PM
That's the exact problem, lack of input selection. You can do a workaround by having the harmony open input input selection and then sen 3 commands down but the menus are slow and the order from where it starts are different so I have not gotten it to work.

That makes at least my Logitech pretty useless. Since I anyway need multiple remote controls.

All other commands work just not the the one that's are most needed.