PDA

View Full Version : Problem-with-CI-module

franzl79
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi all together,

just as a remeinder that 2010 models still have the same problems with sound drops like the 2011 models (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4477-Problem-with-CI-module).

For example my 40PFL7605 with DVB-C and NDS CI+ Modul (CAM-1660 form KabelBW) shows this very annoying error as well.

Philips, please find a solution!

Stefan

Wolfgang
04-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Just a hint primarily to Philips:
The German cable provider Unitymedia shows for its CI+ modules, a list of well-functioning television sets on the internet site www.unitymedia.de/produkte/fernsehen/hd-modul.html

You'll find there several television sets from LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, but not one unit from Philips.

Perhaps this certification is not possible for units from Philips (???)

zappie
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi,
here the same.

40PFL5605K (Firmware 140.47) with DVB-C (Unitymedia) and Alphacrypt Light CI Module (Mascom, Firmware 1.23, not a CI+ module, only CI without plus) and Audio with HDMI-CEC.
Sound drops/stuttering. Drives me really crazy.

Most people used the receivers they got from their cable network operator - so this error did not occur.
With coming of HD in the cable network and the use of more CI+ modules in the TV's i guess and hope a lot of people will now see that they have the problem too and hopefully Philips will need to fix this problem.

Good that more people will now use a CI/CI+ module... at least in the near future...

This problem did NOT exist in old firmwares in the beginning of the "last year"!
I would like to have it back like it was.
I guess fixing the hdmi-cec problems in the past resulted in new problems!?!