View Full Version : Problem-with-CI-module

04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi all together,

just as a remeinder that 2010 models still have the same problems with sound drops like the 2011 models (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4477-Problem-with-CI-module).

For example my 40PFL7605 with DVB-C and NDS CI+ Modul (CAM-1660 form KabelBW) shows this very annoying error as well.

Philips, please find a solution!

04-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Just a hint primarily to Philips:
The German cable provider Unitymedia shows for its CI+ modules, a list of well-functioning television sets on the internet site www.unitymedia.de/produkte/fernsehen/hd-modul.html

You'll find there several television sets from LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, but not one unit from Philips.

Perhaps this certification is not possible for units from Philips (???)

04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
here the same.

40PFL5605K (Firmware 140.47) with DVB-C (Unitymedia) and Alphacrypt Light CI Module (Mascom, Firmware 1.23, not a CI+ module, only CI without plus) and Audio with HDMI-CEC.
Sound drops/stuttering. Drives me really crazy.

Most people used the receivers they got from their cable network operator - so this error did not occur.
With coming of HD in the cable network and the use of more CI+ modules in the TV's i guess and hope a lot of people will now see that they have the problem too and hopefully Philips will need to fix this problem.

Good that more people will now use a CI/CI+ module... at least in the near future...

This problem did NOT exist in old firmwares in the beginning of the "last year"!
I would like to have it back like it was.
I guess fixing the hdmi-cec problems in the past resulted in new problems!?!