PDA

View Full Version : BD9600/12 Starts to stutter after approx 5 min and then gets worse

MichaelAug
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi,

I have a BDP9600/12 with the latest firmware 1.63.
Whenever I play a Blu-ray disk (or DVD) everything looks nice and no stutter until approx. 5 min the some small stutter occurs, and then it gets worse and worse until approx 30 min when the movie stops and I have to turn off and on the player and then I can continue playing for 5 min and the stutters starts again...

I have tried several movies and almost all stutters, blu-ray disk stutters worse than DVD, and DVD never completely stops.

Is this something that can be fixed easy or does the player need to be serviced? The player is only 2 months old.

Best regards
Michael

Toengel
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi,

try to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes. If this does not help, call Philips service.

Toengel@Alex

MichaelAug
04-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I tried to have the power cord pulled for 5 minutes and still the same problem, I talked to Philips service and I will send it in for service.

Michael

MichaelAug
05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
A small update on this issue.

I had my BDP9600/12 sent in for service but no fault was found. So I then checked all hdmi-cables, hdmi-switched etc to see if there was any other gadget that caused this stutter and the culprit was the HDMI-Switch Konig KN-HDMISW20 as soon as I replaced it with another switch he stutter disappeared.

Michael