PDA

View Full Version : Mci298 permanently forgets settings

theo61
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Hello, my streamium very often forgets his settings, when I put it overnight in the eco-standby modus.
Every time I must click the whole questions - language, time zone etc. The saved stations are still all ok and the WLAN-connection is still also ok. This is very annoying. Has anyone a tipp?

fröschl
04-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Hello, my streamium very often forgets his settings, when I put it overnight in the eco-standby modus.
Every time I must click the whole questions - language, time zone etc. The saved stations are still all ok and the WLAN-connection is still also ok. This is very annoying. Has anyone a tipp?

...only when bying a Philips device.

See http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3506-Firmware-whishlist for a summary of more poor customer's whishes and problems.

But don't expect a quick solution. We all wait since 2010. There were firmware updates but not one of these actually fixed something.

Cheers,
Thomas

faditech
09-05-2012, 04:23 PM
:mad:

I have same problem ... everyday I have to set Language / Location / Network / Clock

It freezes also 3 times per day ... it is a world record if it plays FM, USB, Internet Radio or Link continuously for 3 hours without freezing or network connection going red !

faditech
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
But the people at PHILIPS Dubai are wonderful ... they picked up the mci298/12 and gave me an MCI900 to try ... the MCI900 is a wonderful & stable piece of equipment ... I fell in Love with it and the PC control & Philips My Remote works amazingly well with it.

theo61
11-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately the people at Philips Germany don't do so ...
And still no stable firmware ...

faditech
11-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Theo61

In my daily job I usually test all sorts of consumer products and hundreds of them from food, tires, medical, electronics to audio etc..

There is not one single product that does multiple tasks that is perfect, and not any product (whatever it is) that connects to a network or internet happens to be stable.

The list is long from network hard drives, internet TVs, combo printers, internet radio and additionally whenever the Android is there ... goodbye stability.

theo61
11-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Faditech,

well, surely an interesting - but also a frustraiting job ...
Yes, the consumers are all still only Beta-Testers for the companies. Here we say banana-products - they ripe at the customer. But some products never ripe ...

faditech
11-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I would like to borrow your term "banana-products" for my next review ... I like the sound of it !;)