PDA

View Full Version : 37PFL4007K/12 and home network

zsofia
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi all,

I connected the TV to my home router via an ethernet cable. (I can see it got an IP address and SMART TV is working too.) My question would be, can I install some kind of software on my laptop (windows XP) that would "manage" the TV, i.e. send video over to it, instead of having to connect a VGA etc. cable?

Sorry if this is a lame question but when I go to "Your Network" in the home menu, the TV tells me "Switch on your computer and start the media server application. The TV continuously looks for media server programme".

What is that media server programme and where can I download it? I googled like hell but no joy. Any advice is really appreciated. :)

Toengel
05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi,

this function means that you should have installed a DLNA server on your PC. For example, your Windows Media Player is one DLNA server program. Also Twonky is a DLNA server program. Try to google for DLNA server.

If you want your desktop on your TV, try WiFi-MediaConnect.

Toengel@Alex

zsofia
05-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks Toengel.. I do have Windows Media Player, but it does not detect the TV. I even tried TVersity, that just keeps saying there is a problem connecting with the server.

Wifi-Mediaconnect wants a Code from some CD, but I did not get any CD with the TV (or have I thrown it away? :confused:)...

why does Media Player not detect the TV then? Media Player otherwise works.

zsofia
05-01-2012, 02:28 PM
OK I checked again. I have a receipt, the safety or whatever booklet, a Smart TV Guide, a quick start Guide and totally no cd. Am I missing a CD?

Toengel
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi,

take a look at the back of the quick starter guide - it should be printed on the back.

However, the download code (you don't need a cd) is only available if you have integrated WLAN or the WLAN dongle PTA01. Also see the product spread sheet or manual, if your TV comes with Wifi-MediaConnect.

Toengel@Alex

zsofia
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Apparently, the PTA01 Wifi USB adapter is an "optional accessory" which means I don't have it - they didn't offer me in the store, but I will go and get one if Twonky does not work. I am installing Twonky right now.

zsofia
05-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow, now this looks better! I can view my photos and play music from the PC's My Music folder. There is nothing in the "Videos" section though, but I'm working on it. :)

Can I do youtube and things like that?

Toengel
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
HI,

YouTube is directly accessible via Smart TV on your Home Screen of your TV.

Toengel@Alex

zsofia
05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I found that, I was just reading something in the forums that with certain software it is possible to stream through from the PC, I'll try to figure how that works.

The video part: it even plays my avi files, I am amazed. The subtitle thingy (srt, sub) does not seem to be built in, but I can just integrate the subtitles into the movies and that will be that.

Toengel - you made my day, thank you so much! :cool: