PDA

View Full Version : Missing channel infos on IP-EPG after digital switchover in Germany

Crick
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Dear Philips Service,

after performing a search for the new channels (dvb-s) and re-sorting of new channels, IP-EPG worked on April 30th, even so some channel were not allocated automatically by the IP-EPG. But today, on May 1st IP-EPG does not work anymore.
Some channel IDs are not annotated correctly and all the channel infos are missing.
Will there be a solution of the issue by Philips in the next days ?

Best regards

Crick

Toengel
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi,

at the moment Philips is doing something - or the servers are down. See Net TV forum - there is a smilie regarding the Net TV status.

Toengel@Alex

hugolost
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
"Electronic Program Guide provided over IP " is said to be busy, i.o.w. overloaded, stated by Philips today. What a poor service!
Philips forces users to use it's EPG to record, but in situations where EPG service is not available, there is no "fall back" to access and play any recored track.
What a poor implementation!Philips 32PFL7476K

hugolost
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
what a terrible service. For more than 4 days there is no "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP ".
Thanks to the unconfortable link between "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP " and recorded movies on the TVs usb hard drive, one has no access to the recorded tracks. Why is it nessecary to have an internet connection to philips ony to get access to movies on local hard drive?

user0815
05-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Assume it works like this:
Data on the HD are encrypted and play back is possible only at just the TV set where files had been recorded. Maximum copy protection.

The security code in well designed reliable hardware would be provided by an encryption chip. That hardware solution would not need to pull the encryption code from any server.
What do you think is the cheaper solution ? :p
I think we got what we paid for :mad:

However, I hope they shoot the designer of the crap idea to link both services together in one menue subfolder (EPG) and on one server access.

That's just poor quality planning, as said already on the other thread.

hugolost
05-07-2012, 08:04 AM
on may th 06 2012 ( day 6 in row ) there is still no running service on EPG via IP and EPG via sat is not an alternative, because then there is no way to get access to recorde tracks on localy attached hard drive. Furthermore there is no way to schedule new recording.

what a terrible service. For more than 4 days there is no "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP ".
Thanks to the unconfortable link between "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP " and recorded movies on the TVs usb hard drive, one has no access to the recorded tracks. Why is it nessecary to have an internet connection to philips ony to get access to movies on local hard drive?

hugolost
05-07-2012, 08:05 AM
on may th 06 2012 ( day 6 in row ) there is still no running service on EPG via IP and EPG via sat is not an alternative, because then there is no way to get access to recorde tracks on localy attached hard drive. Furthermore there is no way to schedule new recording.

what a terrible service.Thanks to the unconfortable link between "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP " and recorded movies on the TVs usb hard drive, one has no access to the recorded tracks. Why is it nessecary to have an internet connection to philips ony to get access to movies on local hard drive?

Philips, do you here your customers?

user0815
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Philips, do you here your customers?
You mean 'hear', do you.

Nope, Thomas & Toengel have their study about the 'three wise apes'
Reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

hugolost
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
yes, it should read "hear" in stet of here :)

I would like to have philips to change firmaware of their TVs to make possible what 20 year old recorders could. just enter channel, start and end time for recording. Have access to local recorded traks ( movies ) on hard drive usb disk without beeing forced to have an online connection to the internet. Or is Philips interested what customer is viewing at what time in a big-brother-style?

sanyika
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
yes, it should read "hear" in stet of here :)

i would like to have philips to change firmaware of their tvs to make possible what 20 year old recorders could. Just enter channel, start and end time for recording. Have access to local recorded traks ( movies ) on hard drive usb disk without beeing forced to have an online connection to the internet. Or is philips interested what customer is viewing at what time in a big-brother-style?

yesss!!!! Philips change the software and stop spying on us!!!!

user0815
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I had this aswell until Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4BhKoOq3yqU#!

Now it looks like they switched off the IP-EPG channel software segment for Germany two days ago in total. Now all the day unavailable.
The TV Guide screen now loads and the own records can be selected from the USB-HD.
But the message *No channel information available* is shown :(

What a poor performance and still no clear info from Philips.
I think they can deal very good with themself.
They don't need any customers :mad: