PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust sound on Phillips 40PFL7705DV

Lori
05-06-2012, 12:55 AM
I am not satisfied with the sound on my TV. On sports programs, the background noise is louder than the announcers. Is there something I can do that will make it easier to watch basketball, baseball, hockey? I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, but I couldn't find a place to post. I'm a new user and I haven't figured out the site yet. Thank you so much in advance. Lori

Contour66
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Lori,

It might be that the broadcasted sound is the culprit here. If not, you might try the sound settings:
Press MENU on the remote control and then use cursor to select [Setup] > [ Sound] > [Equalizer] and adjust tone quality for each frequency.

Lori
05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I've wondered about that. But, I am able to get better sound on some of my older, cheaper TV's where the voices are definitely louder than the background. Do you have any suggestions for the equalizer settings? I've tried some things with those settings, and improved it quite a bit. It's just the sports that are driving me crazy! Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi Lori,

It might be that the broadcasted sound is the culprit here. If not, you might try the sound settings:
Press MENU on the remote control and then use cursor to select [Setup] > [ Sound] > [Equalizer] and adjust tone quality for each frequency.[/QUOTE]