PDA

View Full Version : Old MX980 self-going to stand-by

stardust74
05-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi there,
I know my MX980 AV receiver is not listed in the sticky note 'list of supported model' etc, anyway let me post this because this is driving me crazy!
Starting some days ago, my MX 980 is self-going to stand-by or maybe a sort of self-protecting mode... it powers itself off and stand-by red led lights up. This behavior occours when listening to AC3 audio and there are some explosion, bangs or whatever have an higher volume. To avoid this I have to keep volume lower than 15/50 :(
I think is a overload protection or sort of, because rotating the source selector, witch powers up the unit normally, won't do anything while in this state. The only -workaround- is to switch off and on using the power interruptor.

Any comment would be appreciated :)

christopher
05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Hi dude,
I'm not sure, but do you think it just because it's too old? Just for this kind of bangs happens for my old products as well. I don't think a lot can be done.

stardust74
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, it's old, but I've got electronics from other brands witch are older than this and work perfectly:(

Pacman
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
One would say defect set....

stardust74
06-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm looking for a new AV receiver.

I've been always charmed by beauty and semplicity of Philips product, but, for a reason or another, I've become disappointed ever.

So, my next AV receiver? Maybe Yamaha, Pioneer or even Sony...
EVERYTHING BUT PHILIPS!