PDA

View Full Version : DS1100/12 - No sound and no clock

theines
05-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Hello,

Last Christmas I got a Philips DS1100/12 Docking Station.
In the beginning it worked fine with my Apple iPhone 4, but since an update (iOS 5.1?) and the day that summertime started the docking station doesn't update the time when I connect my iPhone. It also won't play my music through the speakers. Though it IS connected, because my battery charges as normally via the docking station (see picture below).

I've tried re-installing and updating all of the Philips apps that are relevant: Fidelio -> DockStudio and HomeStudio.
Unfortunately this isn't working for me. I also have tried to reset my Docking Station by unplugging it for 10-15 minutes. This resetted the time to "--:--" (see picture below), but isn't solving my problem.

Does anyone know what I can do to make my DS1100/12 work again?

Kind regards.

theines
05-23-2012, 06:56 AM
It's getting a little bit frustrating to see that the Support Forum Moderators reply to a lot topics/threads, except mine..... Please give me a reply/an update on this case Philips!

Philips - QK
05-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Theines,

Apologies for I have overlooked your issue here. Could you advise if resetting your iphone works? Thanks.

Reset your iPhone:
Simutaneously hold power button and home button until it goes off.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
05-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Also, I checked the compatability table we have- your iPhone 4 with iOS5.1 or iOS5.1.1 should be supported with charging as well as playback.

theines
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Theines,

Apologies for I have overlooked your issue here. Could you advise if resetting your iphone works? Thanks.

Reset your iPhone:
Simutaneously hold power button and home button until it goes off.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Apologies accepted and thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately resetting my iPhone didn't fix the problem.

Philips - QK
05-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Dear theines,

Have you tried unplugging your device for 15-30 mins and then reconnected again?
If this does not work as well, I would suggest you to contact service as this looks like a defective product.

Contacting support:
1) www.philips.com/support
2) Click on the Contact tab
(this varies from country to country)

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

backhandguga
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi theines, got any luck with the suggestion given? I would also like to ask if the phone charges too while being connected. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png

nika
10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I ve got the same problem, I have Iphone 4 ios6
i m so disappointed. liked this accessory much

Oscar
10-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi Nika,

Make sure that if you have upgraded your Iphone that you first reboot it and then try again. let me know :)

aswan
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I tried almost everything. I had iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) and six month everything was perfect, but one day alarm didn't wake me up since that no sync between dock and iphone, just charging and sometimes message "this accessory is not supported by your iphone" ... This Christmas I got iPhone4 (iOS 6.0) and I experience same issue, but I found that if I unplugg dock from power for a long time (1 day) then the first connection is succesfull (music, time sync everything works), if I unplugg iphone and immediately connect again "your accessory is not compatible with iphone" ... I don't know if that issue is a matter of iOS or Philips product, but on Appstore in our country is under phillips app a lot of commentaries with same issue.

I have still one year warranty so I can change product for another model, but I like this dock, it's very simple and minimalistic, I don't want nothing more.

kwinnie
02-22-2013, 05:08 AM
except that message it should be working fine right?
because read somewhere in this forum that this can be a false error message