PDA

View Full Version : 32PFL6606/12 turns black at random moments

VincentU
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Hello,

My Philips TV 32PFL6606/12 turns black at some moments and loses audio. Then, after 1-2 seconds it all works again.
My TV is connected to my PC and it happens when I'm watching HD and non-HD movies, so that can't really be the problem.

This is a real pain in the ass,

If anyone has some possible solutions, feel free to let me know. It disturbs me very much.
I didn't have this before, I guess it came thanks to one of the Software Upgrades I did. (Currently 14.097.000)

If Philips feels like fixing this problem, they may do that too.

Regards
- Vincent

Toengel
05-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi,

how do you connect your PC to your TV? Does theses blackouts appear during watching TV (with the internal tuner)? Did you try another cable (PC to TV)?

Toengel@Alex

VincentU
05-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I connect the PC to the TV using HDMI.
It indeed happens during the movies being played or when I just browse around (also using my PC)

I have no idea what the internal tuner does, so I haven't touched that yet.

I don't see a reason why I should use something else than HDMI :P

Thanks already,
- Vincent

Toengel
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,

check the HDMI cable and try another one...

Try to watch a movie via USB directly on your TV and see, if you also have this problem...

Toengel@Alex

VincentU
05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I'll try, I'll let you know if it goes bad again.

Thanks!

VincentU
05-17-2012, 10:26 PM
The problem occured again a few times :(

Philips - Thomas
05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi VincentU,

can you please check for the latest FW (14.98)

Thanks
Thomas

VincentU
05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi VincentU,

Thanks
Thomas

Okay, I have installed it.

I will let you know if it occurs again.

Thanks
- Vincent

VincentU
05-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi VincentU,

Thanks
Thomas

Even with the latest firmware (14.98), it still happens :(

Zaesch
05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi!

I have the same problem. The TV (40pfl7605h/12) is connected to my MacBook Pro via HDMI.
At first i thought the blackouts occur because of the cable length (~20m), but they occur too with a 1,5m cable. The Moshi HDMI adapter works well with another device (BenQ EW2420), so i don't think the problem is the adapter.
The blackouts are not deterministic, they happen randomly. At some days everything works well, at other days the tv turns black... very annoying.

It is very interesting that it may be associated with a software upgrade. I bought the tv early 2011 and updated the software because of the netTV tagesschau-app problem (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4403-Crash-while-using-the-Tagesschau-app-channel-in-NetTV&p=24782#post24782). Unfortunately i don't remember the initial software version and i am not sure whether the blackouts came after an update or not...

For testing purposes: I have a good chance to get one or two blackout(s) while watching full-time movies (~100 minutes). There are less blackouts while watching series episodes (20 - 45 minutes)...

Regards

Zaesch

VincentU
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi!

I have the same problem. The TV (40pfl7605h/12) is connected to my MacBook Pro via HDMI.
At first i thought the blackouts occur because of the cable length (~20m), but they occur too with a 1,5m cable. The Moshi HDMI adapter works well with another device (BenQ EW2420), so i don't think the problem is the adapter.
The blackouts are not deterministic, they happen randomly. At some days everything works well, at other days the tv turns black... very annoying.

It is very interesting that it may be associated with a software upgrade. I bought the tv early 2011 and updated the software because of the netTV tagesschau-app problem (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4403-Crash-while-using-the-Tagesschau-app-channel-in-NetTV&p=24782#post24782). Unfortunately i don't remember the initial software version and i am not sure whether the blackouts came after an update or not...

For testing purposes: I have a good chance to get one or two blackout(s) while watching full-time movies (~100 minutes). There are less blackouts while watching series episodes (20 - 45 minutes)...

Regards

Zaesch

That is indeed exactly the same problem :)
I also used a 20m HDMI cable at first, and it occurs too with 1,5m.

When watching multiple episodes of a serie in a row the blackouts occur more often than when watching 1 episode.

ziggyziggyziggy
05-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I have the same problem with my 32PFL6606H/12. I'm running firmware Q5551-0.14.98.0, no PC attached, no USB attached. It happens every ten minutes or so watching digital TV (DVC-B), but also while using my dvd player (YPbPr).

mvdheijkant
05-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Now and again the tv goes black and then re-authenticates the irdeto decoder. Sometimes it skips a day, but more often it happens 5 to 10 times a night. It seemed that this was resolved with the latest firmware update 000.014.098.000 from 2012-05-16. But after reading it more closely it was only resolved for satelite channels. NOT for plain tv channels.

Every time I update a firmware or rescan the tv channels the problem seems to be resolved, but only for a few days. Then it starts all over again. It also happens that the sound doesn't return until you change the channel and then return. Also tried a different decoder, without any succes.
I've read that there are more people having this problem. It's getting very annoying.
Im using a decoder with ZIGGO.

Can anyone help me with this.

mvdheijkant
05-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Posted the same problem. Still, has anyone resolved this issue yet?
Make me wanne buy anything but philips next time.

VincentU
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Good to know that others have this problem too, I thought it was something with the power receiver or something. Anyhow, if this problem doesn't get fixed in 1 month I'm gonna keep sending my TV into repair until I get a new non-Philips one.

I love their design and screens, but the software is just not good -- not to point. Too many bugs and lacks of features.

VincentU
05-21-2012, 09:13 PM
It's not only with channels, it's with HDMI and USB etc. too.

Well, I've seen you read my thread, but I'm just telling in case a team member looks at this.

Niels
05-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Now and again the tv goes black and then re-authenticates the irdeto decoder. Sometimes it skips a day, but more often it happens 5 to 10 times a night. It seemed that this was resolved with the latest firmware update 000.014.098.000 from 2012-05-16. But after reading it more closely it was only resolved for satelite channels. NOT for plain tv channels.

Every time I update a firmware or rescan the tv channels the problem seems to be resolved, but only for a few days. Then it starts all over again. It also happens that the sound doesn't return until you change the channel and then return. Also tried a different decoder, without any succes.
I've read that there are more people having this problem. It's getting very annoying.
Im using a decoder with ZIGGO.

Can anyone help me with this.

Can you give your configuration? Are you using IP-EPG over wifi?

I also have the problems with TV going black sometimes 5 times a day and then 5 days without problems on a 2010 model 32PFL7605C12 with PTA01 wifi dongle (main board of TV replaced in 2011). Also the sound loss occurs sometimes on my TV.
I still expect that the auto-resets (TV going black) has something to do with the TV not being able to deal with some network signals or maybe interruptions.

Niels

Niels
05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Come on Philips, these problems are reported over and over again and all you do is ask to upgrade to the latest firmware...
.. and you know it is not solved there!

Niels

VincentU
05-22-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm not using wifi at all on my TV. My PC is connected with LAN and my PC is connected to my TV with HDMI.

Niels
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not using wifi at all on my TV. My PC is connected with LAN and my PC is connected to my TV with HDMI.

Thank you Vincent. I was still in doubt whether to replace the Wireless connection by a LAN cable, but based on your experience this will not solve the problem.
This might also be a clue for Philips: it is not related to LAN or wifi, but present in both configurations.

Niels

mvdheijkant
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
The model work well with an external decoder.
I think some of these Philips models should never have been certified for CI+ and or Ziggo.
Next time no Philips for me.

Philips - Thomas
06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi

i can tell you that we are working on a new Firmware and this is one of the things to solve.
I can not tell when it will be available.

Regards
Thomas

VincentU
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi

i can tell you that we are working on a new Firmware and this is one of the things to solve.

Regards
Thomas

I'm glad to hear that, I was at the point of returning my TV :)
Hope it's soon, it's still pretty annoying...

Niels
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

Great news!
I will be checking this site very often for the big news.
Will it be available for all model years at the same time, or phased?

Regards
Niels

VincentU
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Great news!
I will be checking this site very often for the big news.
Will it be available for all model years at the same time, or phased?

Regards
Niels

I'm guessing you'll be waiting a long time.
As I understand Philips now wants to get their 2012 TV's out. This means the firmware for the 2012 has priority, which means we come second.

Let's just hope the 2012 models have less bugs than the 2011 models so we can have a non-blackout tv night anytime soon.

DJF3
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Have the same issue with my 40pfl9606.. Hope that this firmware is released soon..
Or... just focus on the 2012 model TV's and provide some exchange program. ;-)
DJ

matteo.k
06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Same problem with my 40pfl6606. I hope that you solve this soon, because it's very annoying.

kingzapp
07-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Hey guys, i got this problem now suddently with my 9706 and never had it before?! turns off 1-2 sec and on again... Hope they fix it in the next sw

Philips - Thomas
07-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys,

14.99 is out for all Devices, can you please check if the Issue is gone?

Thanks
Thomas

Niels
07-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Thomas,

Good news. I am now on holiday, but I will check immediately when I am back home !

but...

14.99 is a FW version for 2011 models. How about 2010 models (latest version 140.47).

Niels

VincentU
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Thomas

I'll install it now. If you don't hear back from me you can tell the developers the problem is solved :)

@Niel: You're in the wrong forums, this is the 2011 models forum.

VincentU
08-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Thomas

It just happened again with FW v14.99. Problem NOT solved..

VincentU
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
No feedback at all after a week?

MfFlumf
08-16-2012, 10:42 AM
This ON-OFF thing sounds like a hardware problem.

Maybe some bad capacitors?

matteo.k
08-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Same here: New FW - same problem...

pierrexp
08-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Same here: New FW - same problem...

Hi,

The problem is same with many others tv, i ve got a 46pfl8686H and i ve got this bug, it s on tv using DVB or in HDMI with computer, always happening randomly.

Can Philips PLEASE fix this bug?

vlada
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I suffer from the same bug. 55PFL7606H, PC connected over 1,5 m HDMI. TV goes blank for about 2 secs. The sound dropouts a bit longer (3 secs). It appears randomly about once in 2 hours. If the 3D mode was active, after the droupout it is deactivated! So it is not simple short blank screen, but something like a little TV reset. I upgraded (TV bought in May 2012) firmware twice, including the latest 14.99 and the problem remains.

Before Philips I had the same PC and HDMI cable conneced to Samsung TV, and this never happened.

I would really appreciate to see this annoying common bug fixed, please.

Another smaller firmware issue - If I have SBS 3D movie, I have in TV menu always select firstly OU mode and than SBS mode. The direct SBS choice never works correctly.

Thank you for answer.

VincentU
09-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see a reply from an official Philips Employee in the coming week. Getting sick of this.

Niels
09-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello all,

After contact with Philips and Technorep I was provided the following solution:
- Turn OFF the automatic channel updates in the channel setting configuration
- In case this option is greyed out, temporarily switch from DVB-C to DVB-T, then the option will be available and after putting automatic channel updates OFF, switch back to DVB-C.
I will test this option for a couple of days to see if it solves my black screen problem.
Maybe it will be a solution for other users here too, so please test and give feedback

By the way, I told the guy that I did not believe that it could be that simple, since this problem is already discussed for a year in this forum! But I hope very much that it will be the solution

Niels

VincentU
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Hello all,

- In case this option is greyed out, temporarily switch from DVB-C to DVB-T, then the option will be available and after putting automatic channel updates OFF, switch back to DVB-C.
I will test this option for a couple of days to see if it solves my black screen problem.
Maybe it will be a solution for other users here too, so please test and give feedback

By the way, I told the guy that I did not believe that it could be that simple, since this problem is already discussed for a year in this forum! But I hope very much that it will be the solution

Niels

Hello,

I already had the auto updates off, so that can't be the problem.
If only a Philips official could reply..

- Vincent

kosmasgr
09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I also have this problem , when i'm watching movies or anything from PC. I use 6m hdmi cable.
my tv model is 40PFL7605/h12

Squirrel
09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
I also have the same problem on my 42/666 dropouts on Bluray and freesat box, havnt noticed any on my mac hdmi connection. Given up using iplayer on the tv as it seems generally flaky. This is really really annoying.... I have noticed that the dropouts when watching 3d are much quicker

Paladium
09-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Same problem with my PFL9705 over here. Have done excactly as below. Problem still present :-(

Hello all,

Niels

weijte000
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I can confirm problem also still exists with 14.101 version on my 52pfl9606H/12. Engineer who visited me said it was a Linksys/Cisco communication error. I also have read people using QNAP devices for DLNA.

Can people confirm if it's Cisco only or not or that it's in relation to QNAP devices?

Just posted in connectivity:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8219-52pfl9606H-12-Cisco-Linksys-Connectivity-issues-(Reboot)

Regards, Jules

Niels
10-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Has something changed to SmartTV/NetTV/IP-EPG?
I am experiencing a bit slower IP-EPG the last two weeks.
Good thing is that I did not have spontaneous reboots for two weeks now !
Coincidence or relation?

Niels

DJF3
10-05-2012, 07:19 PM
When using Wifi there's no problems.
Using wired ethernet (both Linksys and Cisco 3560 switch) I get reboots. Don't have any other switches to test with.
Could this have something todo with broadcast/multicast traffic? Well, using wifi the problem is less annoying for me.

Cheers
DJ

I can confirm problem also still exists with 14.101 version on my 52pfl9606H/12. Engineer who visited me said it was a Linksys/Cisco communication error. I also have read people using QNAP devices for DLNA.

Can people confirm if it's Cisco only or not or that it's in relation to QNAP devices?

Just posted in connectivity:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8219-52pfl9606H-12-Cisco-Linksys-Connectivity-issues-(Reboot)

OM-Norway
10-06-2012, 12:21 AM
47PFL6007T712
Same happens here with my new TV after 1 week without noticing this problem. TV "resets" every 5 or 10 minutes.
I have the last FW upgrade on TV, TV is connected to Wireless Router.
Notice: happens on digital, unencrypted broadcast. (I have not received the adapter/ card from Cable Company yet). This does not happen when streaming video from NAS, nor from the analogue canals.

I have switched off automatic update of digital channels as suggested earlier W/O result.

I have also for days tried to make the streaming from network work. Sometimes it works sometimes not :-(
The TV set was initially possible to use for streaming video/ audio/ fotos using Twonky Media Manager (smart, if it only had worked for more than one day...) I have tried to reinstall without beeing able to see my TV from the computer anymore. I am however almost all the time able to access the different Media Servers from the TV. The different media servers in the house are from time to time visible in Twonky Media Manager, but not all the time.

Did I mention that the Philips App for controlling the TV/ streaming telephone content to TV also fails; so far the only app I have seen to freeze my iPhone; I have had to make a "forceful closure" several times......

Is the Philips series of "Smart" TVs released to the market before they were developed?? From reading all the comments here at the forum this seems to be the case..

This reminds me of my last (forever) Nokia; smart on the specs but nothing worked; at the end it was scrapped.. So is the company Nokia.......

weijte000
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
What NAS do you use? I found serious issues with using my QNAP:

salebtuber
10-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I have these restarting problem with my 40PFL8605H, after the last upg:

Switch TV on: OK, but after about 3-5 minutes: screen goes dark, flashing standby-LED, sound goes off, TV restarts, for some seconds imgae and sound returns, then off and on again, again, etc.. till at last there is nor sound nor vision :(

Tried everything described here: turned of automatic channel update, disconnected from my network, nothing helps.
Doesn't matter whether I watch HDMI, network, TVchannels analog or digital, with- or without CI+

Unbelievable that so many people should suffer this major breakdown of an expensive and otherwise great TV. :mad:

I cannot understand why it should be so hard to rewrtite the upg, the older one did not have this problem, so just compare them and do the rewrite, is MHO.

Very frustrated, after being an enthousiastic Philips TV owner.

weijte000
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Could you describe your network the TV is connected to? Currently it seems the networking is causing these failures...
- Fixed LAN or Wireless
- What type of router
- Do you use Network attached storage (NAS), if yes what type
- What's your current firmware version
- Do you know what firmware version you ran before the upgrade

Yes it seems more people have this issue but as far as I've seen there's no real common denominator and that makes it very hard to determine the cause and the solution. It's not as simple as the previous firmware worked fine from what I've seen. For me the problems started with v000.014.096.000.

/Me

salebtuber
10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
It's a wired network via a Cisco Linksys WRT610N. I also use a NAS on this network, a Synology DS110.
But the network is momentarily disconnected, and I had the power of the TV of after that, for an hour.
Makes not the slightest difference...
Alas I do not know what my former firmware version was.
For a time I could not make contact with net TV, and only after almost a year I found out how to update via USB.
From that I loaded the last one: Q55XX_0.140.48.0 I think it is, at last that is the name of the accompaning Opensource textfile.

Whish I would never had done that. With the problem of the former, not being able to connect to net TV, I could way better live then with this one :-(

Thx 4 responding, weijte000

OM-Norway
10-08-2012, 11:55 PM
OM-Norway - 47PFL6007T712

Update of my situation.

I have located the reason for frequent restarts of the TV to be the USB HDD I have connected running in recording mode constant for timeshift capabilities. This was the reason why this only occured on digital channels, as analogue channels is not recorded. I tried to reformat the HDD using the TV and it stopped. I have also tried to diagnose and reformat the disc using appropriate Western Digital SW on the computer. I do not know if the TV killed the HDD or if the disc was a faulty one. Western Digital

From reading other posts there seems to be an issue regarding USB drives. Seems that the use of drives without external Powersupply give problems, and also USB 3.0 drives that are USB 2.0 compliant has some issues. I will try with a new one (the drive was purchased for the purpose together with the TV).

My network is quite simple with a ZyXEL P 2602 HW router. Wired to this I have a WD MyBook World NAS as my media server, and my system has until now operated without any problems when I access it using media players (computers, iPhones and iPods). I have not "beamed" to a third unit before.

I also now can "see" the TV as much as 2 of 3 times trying to "beam" content to it using Twonky Media Manager ...

I still have big problems using the MyRemote app; I have to give it 3 or 4 chances to start, and it is sometimes impossible to start and even freeze the phone.

Sometimes it feels that we are a part of the Philips Development team. I wonder what wuld be the case if this TV was purchased by my mother. She would have to call a technician just to get the TV working..

Good luck to you all in our common search of stability in our TV sets

OM-Norway

weijte000
10-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I was able to solve my problem by doing a factory reset and reconfigure on the relevant devices. Router (full factory reset, reboot), NAS (reload latest firmware, reboot), TV (load latest firmware, full power recycle).

Since yesterday I'm runing my fulll infrastrcuture again and have NOT seen anymore reboots on the TV...

Hope this can be benficial to others!

/Me

Niels
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello weijte,

My reboot problems have also disappeared (no reboots for 2 weeks now, after reboots on a daily basis), but I have made NO changes.
So I still do not understand the root cause...
And as suddenly as the problem stopped, it might come back :(

Niels

EDIT:
Damn, I wish I would not have posted the above. This same afternoon the TV had some reboots again! :mad:

VincentU
10-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Philips told me I had to get my TV repaired.

I did so, they're delivering it tomorrow. Let's hope this helps :)
I'll let you guys know.

surfy2
10-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Several Philips Hotline Calls and TV "repaired" twice but still random black screens

I had several calls with the Philips hotline and got my TV reparied by changing the mainboard but it didn't help. FInally I got an exchange model but again, it showed the same issues (with the latest 101 Firmware). I believe it started after upgrading the FW to the 99 version. Before, everything was running fine. Unfortunately, I can't get the 98 version anymore to validate. Can someone help?

FInally, I can say that this only accurs when the Network (Ethernet) cable is connected. Obviously, streaming from a DLNA device is not possible anymore because it interrupts the movie and jumps back to regular TV mode.

Again, I have those interrupts only after plugging in the Network. Without it is running fine. Can someone validate?

VincentU
10-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Hello,

I have no ethernet cable attached and I also have the problem. So that can't be it.

I also got it repaired and they said noting was wrong with it so that's also of nut much help.

I can confirm though that it came with one of the latest firmware upgrades, I never had it before that.

- Vincent

surfy2
10-22-2012, 08:29 AM
I get closer to the root cause.... Do you have a QNAP NAS attached to your network? When I disconnect this device from the network or turn the box off I don't have the random reboots. Anyhow, Philips can't just blame QNAP for being the faulty device because I have a Samsung TV attached to the network as well and everything runs fine!

So, dear Philips support/R&D: Take this up as a serious event! The amount of resources and cost your are generating in your organization by exchanging mainboards, exchanging the entire TV's (as in my case) must be vast, considering the other threads in various forums complaining abount the same topic (including repair interventions).

I work in a Productmanagement and R&D environment as well and I can give you a good advise: Investigate the root cause (possibly together with QNAP) and release a new firmware! It will save your organization a huge amount of money by not having to "repair" and exchange TV's for something that is not solveable without an FW upgrade! Again, Samsung works fine under the same condition.

Niels
10-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Surfy,

Thanks for your posts. I suffer from the reboots on my 32PFL7605C12 as of FW 140.40 (end 2011).
I am using wifi (PTA/01 dongle on TV) and have a USB network harddisk attached to my Netgear router. When the network is NOT connected I have no problems with the TV
(But I bought this TV for the IP-EPG and option to stream movies/pictures/music from the network)

I contacted Philips and proposed to sent the TV for repair or swap the main board, but according your experiences this will not solve the problem. So my only hope is that Philips solves the network problems in a new firmware release.
However I get the idea that Philips is not reading this forum at all and is not solving our problem...

Niels :(

kmoelle1
10-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I have same problem on 32PFL4047T but only when I use PTA01 USB for WIFI. No problem when I use cable connected internet connection

japao
10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
i have same problem 47pfl4307h after firmware 0.93 randomize hdmi blackouts.

VincentU
10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I have sent everyone a PM, please check your inbox.

VincentU
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Philips appears to have fixed the problem. They say it's due to EasyLink.

A new software is released: v1.104 (or something :P)

Toengel
12-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi,

firmware 14.104.

If it does not work, you need to ask Philips also for an updated Standby firmware file.

Toengel@Alex

Niels
12-04-2012, 06:35 PM
This problem is not only on 2011 models but also on 2010 models.
Will there also be a new FW for 2010 models?

Niels

Paladium
12-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Same problems with a 2010 TV over here :(

This problem is not only on 2011 models but also on 2010 models.
Will there also be a new FW for 2010 models?

Niels

Niels
12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
According the information above, Philips states that the problem has something to do with EasyLink.
In my 2010 model TV 32PFL7605 the EasyLink option is OFF, but that does not solve the problem.
So the problem might be in the EasyLink SW, but is also present when this option is turned off.

I am interested to hear from 2011 TV model users whether the new FW 14.104 really solves the 'turn-black-at-random-moments' problem. In that case I hope Philips will implement it also for 2010 models.
(after more than a year.... !)

Niels

VincentU
12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I have not noticed it in the past days.

Yet it happens so random that perhaps this was just a coincidence that it didn't happen in the past few days.

VincentU
12-08-2012, 09:59 AM
FW 14.104 didn't fix the issue. It happened once again yesterday..

Toengel
12-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi

@VincentU
call support and ask for the latest Standby firmware...

Toengel@Alex

VincentU
12-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi

@VincentU
call support and ask for the latest Standby firmware...

Toengel@Alex

I live in Belgium so I doubt they will give it to me here :(
And what is Standby firmware?

Toengel
12-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi,

the changelog entry of 14.104 "TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled" was removed, cause it's only solved in combination with the latest standby firmware. The standby firmware is e.g. responsible for Easylink... (it's a small file of about 360k).

Toengel@Alex

VincentU
12-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Can't I just request it per mail?
And why don't they just release the Standby firmware?

- Vincent

Toengel
12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi,

just try to ask... per mail...

Toengel@Alex

Niels
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I contacted Philips to check whether the standby software to solve this problem is also available for 2010 model TVs. After redirecting two times to different persons I finally spoke with someone who understood the problem and confirmed that also for 2010 model TVs a new firmware will be released.
Of course they had no idea when this will be available....

Niels

VincentU
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I contacted Philips to check whether the standby software to solve this problem is also available for 2010 model TVs. After redirecting two times to different persons I finally spoke with someone who understood the problem and confirmed that also for 2010 model TVs a new firmware will be released.
Of course they had no idea when this will be available....

Niels

You lucky basterd :D

I had a good moderator creating me an contact request thingee. I really appreciate what the mod has done for me in the past. The plan was that he created a support request and that I would get proper support.

However, the support guy responded with "It's not Philips' fault, it's your desktop". I responded to him that I am way past that point and he never even replied to me..

Niels
12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Vincent,

I am not that lucky, since Philips is not responding anymore on my open complaint...
(see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9707-Philips-stops-answering-on-open-complaint&p=48125&viewfull=1#post48125)

Tecpao
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello,

same problem, my tv 40pfl8606m is connected the pc via HDMI, the Screen goes black at random for 1-2 sec, sound drop off during black screen.

I have installed the newest firmware: V 000.014.104.000, still the same, after upgrade firmware sound "clicking" occasionally during play via hdmi....

I have Asus P8H67-I Deluxe an Sapphire HD5550, panasonic hdmi cable.

Easylink enable/disable not fix problem.
HDMI cable replace not fix problem.

Handshake problem??

Philips same not fix problem from 2010 model...

salebtuber
02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE FIRMWARE!

A bit shameful I must tell you all that after raving a bit on the seemingly neglected software issue, it turned out to be a HARDWARE error on my TV.

After trying everything I gave up and started searching for repair. Only after months (!) I found the bill and phoned the shop, I still had garantuee.

A friendly repairman came and pointed out to me that the standby light flashed 9 times on startup. This was a specific error signal. He replaced a module in my TV and than it worked :)
BUT he pointed out that the standby light still flashed on startup, I think it was 5 times now. And he said: if I leave it like this, the problem will start all over again, your panelmodule is broke.
So he gave me a spare TV and took mine to the repair.

And after about two weeks they brought my TV back and it shines :cool:

So sorry for my raving, Philips gave me good servicing here. Still I am a bit dissapointed that my TV broke after about 7 months... My previous Matchline I have dumped after 16 years and it still was perfect ..

Lesp
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Hello,
I have the same problem with freebox connected in HDMI 1080i on 32PFL3517H.
The problem appears for 2s each 2min.
I can test firmware if you have the solution.
It's really disturbing when i display TV.