View Full Version : myRemote 2.0: Suggestions for improvements/new features

05-10-2012, 03:09 PM

to my opinion, myRemote is a fantastic tool! Congratulations to the developers!

Nevertheless, I would like submit a few suggestions (ordered by personal priority) as there is always room for improvement:

It would be great if I could resort the TV-channels via the app in a better and faster way than via the TV's remote. I would like to search in the app for a channel (TV and radio) (e.g. ORF for all those which are provided by the Austrian public broadcasting corporation, giving ORF1, ORF2, ORF3 as a result) and drag the channel to the desired position, or, even better, to enter 7 to fix it's new place (with options: shift remaining channels or replace channel 7 and leave the other ones on their place).

Maybe also search criteria like country, pay tv would be possible (if this can be technically realized, I don't know which information is stored in the Smart-TV about the channels that can be read by the App).

If the frequency of a channel was changed, why not just enter the new coordinates which are published by a lot of magazines into the app and having the channel therefore reprogrammed in an easy way?

When streaming (meaning the SmartTV is using the mobile phone as a server) music: Is it (technically) possible to also stream the cover and/or put some "live" on the screen (changing backgrounds e.g.)?

Just a hint: The app does not stream videos made with my HTC sensation: The screen changes to black, the points on the lower screen are moving as they do during network access, then there is only black and nothing happens.

Kind regards,

05-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Great post. Thanks for sharing. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/text-smiley.png