PDA

View Full Version : BDP5200 Latest Firmware upgrade (V1.55) has been released

Philips - Remko
05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
• V1.55 is only released for BDP5200/05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78

• BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31

V1.55 includes the following changes:

• Fixes the following issues:
o Philips TV’s with OneUX feature, BDP will freeze if BDP applications are triggered from TV menu.
o BDP does not playback media files when selected from sources menu, while using the MyRemote application on your mobile device.

The former firmware version includes the following changes:

• Philips SimplyShare is now supported. Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone. You are now ready to enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly. You can find the SimplyShare application activation code by going to Setup > Advanced > Version Information. (V1.52)
• YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV. (V1.42)
• Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV. (V1.35)
• Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’. (V1.35)
• Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV. (V1.35)
• Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive. (V1.35)
• Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria. (V1.35)
• Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)
o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.
• Added a ‘Fast Wake-up’ feature. It allows your player to wake up much faster from power standby. After software upgrade, go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Preferences’ to enable this new feature.(v1.16)
• Enable ‘Smartphone Control’ feature. Now, you can use your smartphone (i.e., iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phone) to be a remote control of your player. You can download the app ‘MyRemote’ from AppStore for Apple devices or App Market for Android devices. (v1.16)
• Fixes the following issues: (v1.16)
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
 ‘Uitzending Gemist’ for Netherlands
 ‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams:
 ‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands
o Correct display information of the local display on the player.
o Enable a online video store service - ‘Videociety’ in Germany.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Chrissie18
05-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi!

I've upgraded my player. Had to switch off my Windows Home Server before it would actually download the files: Before I swithced it off, it just kept displaying 'Downloading', with a progresbar locked to 0%.
Static IP: would that maybe be the source of my problem?

Anyhows: no problems seen yet; but then again: I only did the NetTV and no playing of disks...
But indeed, also at my it does not display any SW version (see post #26 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5666-BDP5200-Latest-Firmware-upgrade-(V1-52)-has-been-released&p=32581&viewfull=1#post32581)). Is this Ok?

Also the firmware is stillnowhere to be seen on the support site (NL, UK nor BE).

Greets,
Chris

Luth
05-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Still shows 1.52 on product page.

Toengel
05-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi,

1.55 is only available via online-update: remove any disc, connect player to internet, start integrated update procedure (from network). When finished and player works again, make a factory reset to have a "clean" start...

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
05-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Just out of curiousity: why is it only available via online-update?

Chris

Philips - Remko
05-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Dear users,

We are currently having a server issue, that s why the latest firmware cannot be found on the support site.

We are currently looking into the issue with our IT team and will let you know once we have it fixed.

The issue is there for the bdp5200/ 7600 and 6000.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Chrissie18
05-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Dear users,

We are currently having a server issue, that s why the latest firmware cannot be found on the support site.

We are currently looking into the issue with our IT team and will let you know once we have it fixed.

The issue is there for ther bdp5200/ 7600 and 6000.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

I've seen the 1.55 firmware on the UK site, so that's solved!
Yesterday I did fire up the BDP (just playing with our new Android Tablet and the TV remote App: great stuff!).
But: The player did not connect to the network. IP: 0.0.0.0... Haven't investigated further, because we had some other IT props...

Greets,
Chris.

ejgallardo
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I have the new firmware 1.55 but now i can't read USB disk with NTFS. What can i do?. Is possible that you send me the fimware v1.52 or other ? This is urgent !!

Philips - QK
05-17-2012, 02:16 AM
I have the new firmware 1.55 but now i can't read USB disk with NTFS. What can i do?. Is possible that you send me the fimware v1.52 or other ? This is urgent !!

Could you please help advise the brand (and model) of your HDD?
Thanks.

ejgallardo
05-17-2012, 04:53 AM
I have a disk hitachi 500GB 0S00395, TOSHIBA v63600-C 1 TB but this problem is independent of HDD, becouse, if i format a pendrive with NTFS i can't read nothing. For other way i re format the same pendrive with fat 32 can i read ok. This independent of the capacity of the HDD.
Until to the previus version of your firmware i did not have this problem with any disk. Is possible downgrade the firmware? can you send me a link to a previos firmware please?

Luth
05-17-2012, 05:21 AM
For older firmwares please check your PM inbox ejgallardo

Philips - QK
05-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Dear ejgallardo,

Thanks for info. I will pass the info to development team for a study.

Dear Luth,

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Luth
05-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Also after up(down)grade please reset your BDP player to factory settings from the menu.
It just takes few extra button clicks but can really make a difference.
It's like you just bought the device.

ejgallardo
05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Dear Luth. That means that doesn't matter the 05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78 after the model BDP5200? I need to be sure to do this, i don't want crack my blu-ray

Luth
05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Dear Luth. That means that doesn't matter the 05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78 after the model BDP5200? I need to be sure to do this, i don't want crack my blu-ray

Unfortunately i have no knowledge about the different /versions.
The file(s) i provided to you is for BDP5200/12.

ejgallardo
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Dear Luth
Yes, you right and thank you very much for that.
I'm going to investigate first and let you know

Philips - QK
05-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Dear Luth,

Could you specify which old version you have sent so that we can check if there's differences in the slash version?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ejgallardo
05-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Dear Moderador, Luth sent me the next files:
bdp5200_12_fus_eng1.52 and bdp5200_12_fus_eng_1.35 but i'm not sure to install
Please send me the same versions but /55 and spanish please.
Best regards

Philips - QK
05-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Dear ejgallardo,

For v1.35 we do not have /55 version. We just have v.1.52, v.1.42 and 1.31. Bear us some time for requesting the file and uploading them. Will send you the package via PM.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ejgallardo
05-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Dear Moderator.
I need to follow some step to install this firmware? or only need install in the order that i want?
Best regards

Philips - QK
05-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Dear ejgallardo,

I have sent you a PM with regard to this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ejgallardo
05-19-2012, 04:03 AM
thank you very much. It's working Ok now. You need review the new version of your firmware to fix this error.
I appreciate your help guys. If you need more information about this problem let me know.
i installed the version v1.52 for 12 & 55 and then i reseted to factory and it worked
Best regards.
Let me know if you fix this problem to upgrade again

Philips - QK
05-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Dear all,

If you haven't performed a downgrade yet, we have found out a workaround for the NTFS formatted HDD playability issue:

Equipment Needed: USB Flash Drive formatted as NTFS (example: Sandisk 16GB Flash Drive)
Pre-condition: USB Flash Drive formatted as NTFS using Windows, copy some media files into the flash drive.

Steps:

1. Power on BDP.
2. Plug in USB Flash Drive (Thumb Drive), BDP will detect flash drive.
3. Go into the USB browser and playback any file.
4. Stop playback, remove the USB flash drive.
5. Plug in the USB HDD with NTFS formatting.
6. BDP will be able to detect USB HDD, playback files.

So far it works for us with these steps. Kindly try this out and use this as a workaround while we solve the issue.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Dear users,

I need your help and input for the NTFS issue.

We tried the issue again today and we could not reproduce it anymore. I’ve tried different scenarios (see below). It seems that this problem is not 100% reproducible. Do you know if there are specific steps or the BDP has to be in a certain configuration to reproduce the issue?

Steps we have tried:

1. BD playback first then plug in USB – OK, can playback from NTFS HDD.
2. NetTV playback first then plug in USB – OK.
3. Factory restore then plug in USB – OK.

Your input will indeed help us sorting this out sooner. Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ejgallardo
05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
To replicate this issue try upgrade online directly from blue-ray from a previus version of firmware. Then with a pendrive formated with NTFS try to see something. That has happened in my case.
In my case i can't accessed to a pendrive with NTFS, curiously, the blu-ray detect the pendrive in the slot but can't access it.

Luth
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
My input for the NTFS issue.
Never even thought about this since all i use is fat32 memory stics, but decided to try and see what happens.

First formatted a 16GB class 10 usb memory to ntfs with win7 using default allocation size.
I had 1.16FW installed. First the player hung when trying to play a video file.
After a restart it worked and did not fail since.

Then upgraded to 1.55 online.
Reset BDP and removed power cord for few mins.
Plugged back in, inserted usb memory and started the BDP.
BDP was unable to start the usb device.
When i hit browse usb the text usb showed on BDP display for about 3secs then it switched back to home. In other words nothing happent. I kept pressing browse usb countless times and always the same result.

Then i tried my 320gb hitachi external hdd which has no power source, so it draws the power from the usb port.
same as with the usb stick, nothing happent.

Then i put 1.35FW in and the usb stick was working again, but not the HDD (propably didnt get enough power, which is weird since the port should output the required 500mA)
After that i plugged in a 2TB seagate drive which has its own power source.
It worked. Not too smoothly but worked anyway.

Then i installed 1.55FW back from memory stick.
Still the same. NTFS memory stick did not work, nor did the 2tb seagate.

Did not matter when i plug in the devices (while playing a video from a disc etc).

I was thinking maybe this is not power issue, but then again the same usb memory worked when formatted to fat32.

I will test with other usb stics and brands later to see if it is compatibility issue, which is very unlikely tho.

blaaaw
05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
It seems version 1.55 has blocked VEVO videos from being viewed on the Youtube App. Is this meant to be the case? Or is it something wrong with my version?
Could I get the 1.52 /79 firmware version?
Thanks.

Bojaniste
05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Same problem here,

I updated to 1.55 and i cant play from my hdd anymore...

can you please send me 1.52 od some older version so i can use it again...
thank you

Luth
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Since loads of people are having problems with the 1.55 FW.
Here is the 1.52 for BDP5200/12:
https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/whRTC9H5/9f4a7706152ec71ad7d98c710b72a2c669b98e247c62f41c7d b5653c46c1607349237b373a6a28c

Philips - QK
05-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Dear all,

We could no longer reproduce the NTFS HDD issue. The latest info from Luth is not sufficient for us to reproduce the issue. If you are still having this issue, we would like to understand if there are some specific settings set and if this issue still be there after a reset.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Luth
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
9 times from 10 NTFS formatted HDD worked if there was no disc in drive. It was slow and took few presses on the browse usb, but anyway it worked.
8 times from 10 The HDD did not work if there was a disc in the drive. 2 times it worked, no idea how.

Not much but at least some more info.

Insert disc (i used dvd-video or Data blu-ray)
Power off the device with remote.
Plug in the HDD.
Pwer ont device with remote.
Let the device start up (dvd gets to root, or data disc shows browser)
Press home button on remote (or the return arrow).
Select browse usb.

Please try this few times.

Edit: No need to eject and re-insert a disc between every try.
Just keep the disc in drive and power on/ try /power off

Philips - QK
05-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Dear Luth,

Thanks again for providing us with your detailed input.
I have passed that to the development team. Please bear with us some time to verify this.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
06-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Dear Luth,

Thanks very much again for your input. We tried the procedure provided and we can reproduce the issue with v1.55 firmware. We are now working on the solution. We will update you later on this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

spaxs
06-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi all,

i have also a little question and sry for my bad english :-)

I bought a BDP5200/12 Player and on saturday I updated him with latest firmware 1.55
After that update every movie I am playing from USB3.0 external harddrive is freezin after exactly 1 hour, maybe 5 minutes more or less. It makes no difference if I play AVI or MKV files.

Everything worked geat BEFORE the update. I called German support that told me that upgrades would be totally bullshit if a product works fine. I am a little confused now. I thought upgrades from the manufacturer are a neccessary and good thing. Now I cannot watch my movies any longer. What can I do? I´ve heard there´s no chance to downgrade to the old firmware.

thx matthew

Toengel
06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi,

try to make a factory reset and pull power cord for 2-3 minutes and try again.

Toengel@Alex

Luth
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
A good general rule is "if a device is working fine, there is no need to upgrade firmware".
However newer firmwares fixes problems found on older firmwares and add more functions to the device.

Does the freezing happen with only the usb3 hard drive or with every hard drives?
The video frezes and what happens next? The BDP still is responsing and you can get back to menus etc?
What if you play the video and time search to 1h mark.
Hard drive make and model?

You can downgrade the player if you want.
I have posted the 1.52 firmware on this thread. Post #29.

WB Toengel! How was you honeymoon :)

Chrissie18
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Maybe this issue is related to the other issues found in 1.55 regarding NTFS drives...

Personally I think the support guy should get a small correction from his boss, because :
a) I don't think you should communicate to customers like that (although I don't think he actually said 'BS':) ) and
b) As a custommer I would expect an upgrade would be necessary, especially if the player itself indicates there is an upgrade available...

Chris

spaxs
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Some news. I tried factory reset as toengel told me and that seems to fix the problem. Btw I only played ONE test movie yesterday but it worked. I will take a look on other movies the next days.
Luth asked what happened exactly. The player works for 1 hour, sometimes 4 min more, sometimes 2 or 3 min less. After that the picture freezes, no sound, nothing. No reaction to no button on the remote. When you press the OFF button it takes about one minute until the BDP goes offline. At this time the picture is still there but the display says STANDBY.

After that I restarted the player, went forward to the point where it stopped and start the movie again. The movie runs for 1 hour and stops like I told above. Same error again.

I have 1TB Seagate Freeagent USB3 drives, 6 pcs of them. They all worked fine till the update.

Another problem. I tried to connect my Win7 pc with the player but there´s always an empty folder shown in the menu. It makes no difference if I give rights for all users to that folder on my pc. Maybe I do something wrong and there´s a guy that can tell me how to do right :-P

THX Mat

kwinnie
06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
#34 post is interesting to me. i agree wt Luth said, firmware sometimes adds new feature to ur device. so most of the time a good thing. maybe to play safe, you can have a look of the release note first if the benefits lure you to upgrade your player.

evilarty
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi

I am having the same problem as spaxs. I posted here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6149-Video-playback-via-USB-sticks-50-minutes-BDP5200-05&p=34481#post34481

Video files freeze after 50 mins or so. Even if its three separate files, once the total time adds up to 50 mins everything freezes. Only solution is to press standby button, turn it back on and time search back to where it froze.

I have the new 1.55 firmware and BDP5200/05.

How to I downgrade?

neilski
06-16-2012, 04:11 PM
For info - I've been reluctant to upgrade my 5200 cos of the reports.
BUT nonetheless I'm realising that it too is freezing up after a little under an hour of playback, repeatedly, on various different files. Took me a while to notice the pattern but it's there.
Mine is still on v1.42 :(

evilarty
06-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey

I did a factory reset as mentioned by toengel and it works fine now!

Thanks

neilski
06-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Mmm, OK, might try that then, but my WiFi key is long so it's a MASSIVE pain in the backside to reset the network stuff...

Chrissie18
06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Dear Luth,

Thanks very much again for your input. We tried the procedure provided and we can reproduce the issue with v1.55 firmware. We are now working on the solution. We will update you later on this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hi QK,

Any news on the issue?

Greets,
Chris

aluluc13
07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
hello,
i have the bdp5200/12 (italy)
some days ago i bought the "Avatar" movie box - 3 blurays plus book;
when at home, no way to read the first bluray with the 3 movies, the other 2 discs were Ok;
i succeded to change the box and i could see the movies on the new first blu ray;
after two days i wanted to see again the movie with a friend, but now this new disc too don't start;
on the 5200 I have the factory FW, because when I bought it, the same day I made the upgrade to the last FW, but after that, i couldn't go anymore inside the menu settings, every time I entered in the menu settings, the 5200 went frozen, i could use just the key "stand by" so I had among others, no choice to downgrade the FW
I had to change the device and till now every thing was good, just now I have this problem
may be from the bluray or from the 5200, and a new FW could help?
thanks and sorry for my very bad English
luciano

aluluc13
07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
just 2 words again,
now everything is ok, i simply changed the "menu disco language" from italian to english and the disc runs good, with no FW update.
luciano

Chrissie18
07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
just 2 words again,
now everything is ok, i simply changed the "menu disco language" from italian to english and the disc runs good, with no FW update.
luciano

Good to hear!
I actually just wanted to ask you if you could try to run the disc with the network cable disconnected.
As I also had some freezes on discs with the previous firmware, but they only happen when connected to the network.

Regards,
Chris

Zee
07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Since loads of people are having problems with the 1.55 FW.
Here is the 1.52 for BDP5200/12:
https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/whRTC9H5/9f4a7706152ec71ad7d98c710b72a2c669b98e247c62f41c7d b5653c46c1607349237b373a6a28c

Hi Luth, I cannot access the link you provided to obtain FW1.52, can you please repost an alternative.

Schlacke
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Here´s the link to my upload of the 1.52 for 5200/12:
http://ul.to/td89il4f

Zee
07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Here´s the link to my upload of the 1.52 for 5200/12:
http://ul.to/td89il4f

Thanks Schlacke, i hope this sorts out my USB issue after upgrading.

Is the Myremote app any good?
I cant seem to download the ifone app in South Africa, not sure why its not available here:(

Zee
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Dear all,

If you haven't performed a downgrade yet, we have found out a workaround for the NTFS formatted HDD playability issue:

Equipment Needed: USB Flash Drive formatted as NTFS (example: Sandisk 16GB Flash Drive)
Pre-condition: USB Flash Drive formatted as NTFS using Windows, copy some media files into the flash drive.

Steps:

1. Power on BDP.
2. Plug in USB Flash Drive (Thumb Drive), BDP will detect flash drive.
3. Go into the USB browser and playback any file.
4. Stop playback, remove the USB flash drive.
5. Plug in the USB HDD with NTFS formatting.
6. BDP will be able to detect USB HDD, playback files.

So far it works for us with these steps. Kindly try this out and use this as a workaround while we solve the issue.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hi All,

I applied these steps with FW1.55 and my 2.5 500GB HDD is available now.
Thought it might be interesting to share.

Regards,
Zee

C.H
07-23-2012, 09:12 AM
• V1.55 is only released for BDP5200/05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78

• BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Hi,
BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31, which is dated last year Sept.
Is there any plan to release newer version?

Philips - QK
07-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Dear C.H,

There is a v.1.42 for BDP5200/98 and BDP5200K/93. This needs special handling and is usually done in Service Centre. I will let you know more about it through PM. Kindly have a check.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
07-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Dear C.H,

I have sent you a PM. Please check.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

C.H
07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi Philips Moderation Team,

Got it, but I hit problem.
I have PM you. Need your help

Thanks

swehawk
08-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I bought a BDP5200/12 a couple of months ago. On the first powerup it wanted to upgrade fw to 1.55, and i let it do so. Later I discovered that it froze completely as soon as I tried to enter the advanced menu. I had a discussion with philips support and after trying this and that they adviced to return the unit to the reseller. I did so and got a new one, wich worked fine. Of course I didn't upgrade the fw this time from the start and I don't dare to now either! Not to 1.55 anyway, maybe if a new fw is released....
If anyone else have had this issue, please post so that Philips is made aware of the problem!

aluluc13
08-17-2012, 03:02 PM
some months ago I had the very same problem as swehawk, and I had too to change my BDP5200/12 (Italy)
now I stay with the basic FW.......

Chrissie18
08-18-2012, 06:39 AM
I discovered that the player (and also the remote tv app for Android) don't like my windows home server (first edition) DNLA feature.
Don't know if it has to do with the amound of multimedia that is available or that it is a specific file, but the strangest thing is, that the philips TV does not choke on the WHS... !?!
I think thendevelopers should play around with some more complex network topologies...

swehawk
08-18-2012, 06:51 AM
I discovered that the player (and also the remote tv app for Android) don't like my windows home server (first edition) DNLA feature.
Don't know if it has to do with the amound of multimedia that is available or that it is a specific file, but the strangest thing is, that the philips TV does not choke on the WHS... !?!
I think thendevelopers should play around with some more complex network topologies...

Is this what you are experiencing?
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6977-DLNA-Browser-hangs

Chrissie18
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi,

Although I think I also experienced the behaviour as described there, mostly the behaviour is that when I 'click' on 'browse PC' the Icon changes and then animates again and nothing more...

Chris.

sfreathy
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
What is the limit for numbers of MP3's in a folder folks? I have an extensive collection and I can see the network, media player etc, I have the latest firmware and all else seems fine but I still get "No content" message on the TV via my 5200. Any other suggestions as to what I might try?

Pacman
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
So you see all folders as Picture, video, music etc but after you don´t see the content? Does this only happen with the MP3 files and do you see for example your pictures or videos?

sfreathy
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
So you see all folders as Picture, video, music etc but after you don´t see the content? Does this only happen with the MP3 files and do you see for example your pictures or videos?

I see one folder - that's all there is. I have no video or pictures just MP3's. There is not content

Gonzo_2
11-07-2012, 07:37 AM
I see one folder - that's all there is. I have no video or pictures just MP3's. There is not content

You did recognize, that the last Firmware is 1.61?

Which Media-Server do you use?

sfreathy
11-07-2012, 10:49 AM
You did recognize, that the last Firmware is 1.61?

Which Media-Server do you use?

I installed another media player - for anyone interested I get the most (or come to that any) results with TVersity. Winamp didn't cut it and neither did the built in media player in Widows.

I had this kind of issue years ago - different PC, different devices, same old MS media player. Thanks for prompting me to look in the right place. I naively assumed that these problems would have been resolved years ago. Apparently not.

Pacman
11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Can you try with a (different) laptop?

sfreathy
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Can you try with a (different) laptop?

Perhaps I'm not being clear - I'm up and running. The issue was Microsoft Media Player. The laptop I'm using is a Tosh with 8Gb RAM powered by Intel and using USB drives - no need to change that at all but thanks for the prompt.

Pacman
11-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry didn´t read it correct before :rolleyes:

Gonzo_2
11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I installed another media player - for anyone interested I get the most (or come to that any) results with TVersity.

"Tversity" is good, but "Serviio (http://www.serviio.org/)" is better...