PDA

View Full Version : Will SimpleShare be made available to HTS7202/12 in future SW upgrades?

JustMe
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I have a hard drive connected to my network router (NAS) on which I have stored music, photo’s and films. I’d like to be able to use SimpleShare so that I can select music from this NAS using my phone and play it on the HTS without having to switch on the TV.

If I use the MyRemote app on my Android phone and select the SimpleShare function, I can select music from this network drive and stream it to my Philips TV (50PFL7956H) but not to the HTS: only the TV appears as available playback device. For the rest, the HTS does appear in the MyRemote app and I can use the phone as remote control for the HTS and explore attached USB devices. Just the simple share does not work.

I have already updated the HTS7202/12 with the latest software (version 1.27 MCU 27). The set connects to the network without any issues and I can use NetTv and also the build-in DLNA functions (even exploring the mentioned NAS) from the menu which appears on the TV.

DerShortyy
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I have a hard drive connected to my network router (NAS) on which I have stored music, photo’s and films. I’d like to be able to use SimpleShare so that I can select music from this NAS using my phone and play it on the HTS without having to switch on the TV.

If I use the MyRemote app on my Android phone and select the SimpleShare function, I can select music from this network drive and stream it to my Philips TV (50PFL7956H) but not to the HTS: only the TV appears as available playback device. For the rest, the HTS does appear in the MyRemote app and I can use the phone as remote control for the HTS and explore attached USB devices. Just the simple share does not work.

I have already updated the HTS7202/12 with the latest software (version 1.27 MCU 27). The set connects to the network without any issues and I can use NetTv and also the build-in DLNA functions (even exploring the mentioned NAS) from the menu which appears on the TV.

I had this request too, for my HTS9221. Unfortunatly Philips won´t make this possible in 2011 HTS Systems. I think they will have it with new upcoming 2012/2013 HTS.

JustMe
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I had this request too, for my HTS9221. Unfortunatly Philips won´t make this possible in 2011 HTS Systems. I think they will have it with new upcoming 2012/2013 HTS.

@DerShortyy

Thanks for your reply. Did someone from Philips actualy tell you this was not going to be implemented in 2011 models? I see the threads where you mention you have the same request, but I do not see any reply from Philips.

I find it hard to believe this is a hardware issue since the systems are DLNA capable, so they should be able to fix this with a software load..

JustMe
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
• V1.52 is only released for BDP5200/05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78

• BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31

V1.52 includes the following changes:

• Philips SimplyShare is now supported. Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone. You are now ready to enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly. You can find the SimplyShare application activation code by going to Setup > Advanced > Version Information.

• Maxdome Video-on-demand service is now enabled.

The former firmware version includes the following changes:

• YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV. (V1.42)
• Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV. (V1.35)
• Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’. (V1.35)
• Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV. (V1.35)
• Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive. (V1.35)
• Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria. (V1.35)
• Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)
o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.
• Added a ‘Fast Wake-up’ feature. It allows your player to wake up much faster from power standby. After software upgrade, go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Preferences’ to enable this new feature.(v1.16)
• Enable ‘Smartphone Control’ feature. Now, you can use your smartphone (i.e., iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phone) to be a remote control of your player. You can download the app ‘MyRemote’ from AppStore for Apple devices or App Market for Android devices. (v1.16)
• Fixes the following issues: (v1.16)
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
 ‘Uitzending Gemist’ for Netherlands
 ‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams:
 ‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands
o Correct display information of the local display on the player.
o Enable a online video store service - ‘Videociety’ in Germany.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

They did fix it for some of the bluray players recently ......

DerShortyy
05-11-2012, 05:11 PM
They did fix it for some of the bluray players recently ......

Hi,
thats why i did ask Philips-Remko if this will also become available for HTS and he told me that it won´t become available for HTS, but he didn´t tell me why... The only work around for this is, that you put the TV screen to mute to save energy....

kwinnie
05-14-2012, 06:39 AM
just platform-wise it's not supported?

DerShortyy
05-14-2012, 10:20 AM
just platform-wise it's not supported?

What exactly do you want to know?

kwinnie
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
What exactly do you want to know?

I mean it might be just the platform-wise issue so that HTS7202 is not able to support Simplyshare. We have expressed our wish to have Simplyshare or MyRemote for BDP9600 (our top end model). The moderator/development team replied that they want to have this as well but just there is no mean to enable so in BDP9600's platform.

maybe it s the same case here for HTS7202. (i m not sure)

DerShortyy
05-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I mean it might be just the platform-wise issue so that HTS7202 is not able to support Simplyshare. We have expressed our wish to have Simplyshare or MyRemote for BDP9600 (our top end model). The moderator/development team replied that they want to have this as well but just there is no mean to enable so in BDP9600's platform.

maybe it s the same case here for HTS7202. (i m not sure)

Ok, now i´ve got it... :-)
i don´t think so, even just because HTS9221 is a little bit higher then the 7202...

JustMe
05-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi,
thats why i did ask Philips-Remko if this will also become available for HTS and he told me that it won´t become available for HTS, but he didn´t tell me why... The only work around for this is, that you put the TV screen to mute to save energy....

I have sent a message to Philips-Remco asking him to clarify. Let's see what he responds..

DerShortyy
05-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I have sent a message to Philips-Remco asking him to clarify. Let's see what he responds..

OK, please let me know too :-)

JustMe
05-16-2012, 09:02 AM
OK, please let me know too :-)

I just received the following reply from Remco:

Hi JustMe,

Though I replied yesterday but see this was not the case. I had to check with the team for this.

Good news! Yes the HTS7202 is going to be supported by future firmware.

As you can understand I cannot give you any timeframe for the release.

Thanks and kind regards,

So, it seems it will come at some time in the future.... As your system ( HTS9221) shares the same software, I assume it also applies to that one ....

By the way: good service from Philips. Nice that you have somewhere where you can ask these kind of questions and actually get a respose!

DerShortyy
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
By the way: good service from Philips. Nice that you have somewhere where you can ask these kind of questions and actually get a respose!

Hi,
Remko, just told methat there was a confusion about it... So the HTS9221 will be supported in the future too! :-)

JustMe
05-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi,
Remko, just told methat there was a confusion about it... So the HTS9221 will be supported in the future too! :-)

Great!

Philips - QK
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi JustMe & DerShotyy,

I will send you a PM to give you more information on Simplyshare support.

Kind reagrds,
Philips Moderation Team

hts9221_owner
05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi, I have the same issue with my HTS9221/12. It will be great if this is fixed in a future software update. Do you have any idea when this will be fixed?

JustMe
06-28-2012, 08:58 AM
More on this topic in:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6351-After-update-to-V1-47-10-I-can-no-longer-use-MyRemote-app-to-control-the-HTS