PDA

View Full Version : Philips TV (model 37pfl5522d) changes channel and volume by itself

fcorreia
05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi,

My TV is changing channels and the volume level by itself... On occasions, it has also shut itself off, and switch itself on. The little blue led blinks furiously when this happens, as if someone would be repeatedly pressing one of the buttons of the remote control.

At first, I thought it could be a defect of the remote control, but I've excluded that possibility: I've took the batteries out of the remote and it still happens. I've also covered the TV IR receiver to account for other IR emitter (another remote?) that could be interfering somehow... but it happens just the same too.

Searching through the Web, it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with this model (example (http://www.fixya.com/support/t5297556-philips_lcd_tv_just_changes_channels)).

This issue has happened sporadically in the past, practically since I've bought the TV, but it has been increasingly more frequent in the last weeks. Sometimes, to the point it's unusable, and the only option is to unplug the TV from the power outlet, as it turns itself on and increases the volume level to the max.

Can anyone advise me on how to solve this?

Thank you,
Filipe

fcorreia
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Any thoughts on how may I be able to go about solving this? :\