PDA

View Full Version : [Improvement Ideas] Improvement for the IP-EPG details page

smart
05-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Hello,

I'm feeling the IP-EPG details page could be improved, so I want to share some ideas and maybe some other members of the forum are sharing this thoughts. So in case you read this, please post also, when you agree and support that.

The description is sometimes not readable on the first page, without scrolling down. But I see a list if people, which have been working on that movie/show. Maybe this could be swapped? First description, people afterwards, when you scroll. Most of the times, I want to know the description. Very rarely, I'm interested in the names of the people. I'm sorry for them, but that is how I'm interested...
The stars for the ranking could be moved to the right and a little to the top near the "Watch now" link. This would free up some space.
The length of the movie/show could be moved on the right of the time and the bar with the remaining time.
The picture is very small. We have won some space, so we might increase it a little?
If one selects the picture, a window could open and show the picture enlarged. If more pictures are available one could go through the pictures by pressing left and right button. Ok would close the enlarged picture window.
The font of the description is quite small, maybe it could be increased?
Every movie has a trailer, so if a movie is shown on TV, the EPG could link to it and play the trailer. This would be much better than reading the text and looking at the very small picture.

I thought, since there is also a questionnaire on SmartTV ongoing, you are in process of creating a new ToDo list ;). So maybe you can also pick up this.

Currently, I think, the detail information on a specific broadcast/movie/show does not have its focus on giving the user a fast and good impression on the content. (You have to scroll to read, much unused space, very less pictures, most of the space is used for the people who have created the show.)
Sometimes, I just see one line of the description on the first details page...

smart
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Regarding point 6, it would be also fine to add a user setting for IP-EPG to have large font for the description. Like a menu entry to set large font. All other layout is unchanged, just the description a little larger...

smart
05-12-2012, 08:48 PM
When I want to know, if a movie is interesting, I can search for trailer and the movie name with google and I find a trailer very easily. It would be a chance for the IP-EPG to provide that with a very easy way to the user...

Toengel
05-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Hi,

please add this to you list ;-)

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5594-Proposal-Enhance-User-Experience-in-Broadcast-Detail-View

Toengel@Alex

smart
05-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi,

please add this to you list ;-)

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5594-Proposal-Enhance-User-Experience-in-Broadcast-Detail-View

Toengel@Alex

Haha :D, seems I'm getting older. I remember this thread now, but forgot. But it is the same topic. Maybe Philips can transfer this?