PDA

View Full Version : Weird behaviour while using a CAM module with a smart card.

starterz
05-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Hello,

Model 40PFL6606H/12, 000.014.097.000 firmware

I just recently started using a BoomTV (www.boomtv.mk) smartcard with a CAM module - I eliminated the set-top-box connected to SCART. Technical specs are published here: http://boomtv.mk/pomosh/tehnichki-specifikacii

Most of the time, I really enjoy the experience: channel configuration was a blast, and EPG works just fine. Cyrillic characters, subtitles, everything.

Most of the time I can switch through channels without any problems, but sometimes I receive the message "Scrambled channel", and after a few more seconds I get the channel audio+video. Another case is when "Scrambled channel" appears, I don't get to the channel at all - I have to click the Common Interface options, select the module, wait a few seconds, and then I get the message "You have connected a CAM module"...and after a few more seconds I receive audio+video form the channel.

So it's three cases:

1. Browse channels without problems.
2. Select channel (any channel, no rules), receive a "Scrambled channel" message, wait for 3-4 more seconds, receive the channel content.
3. Select channel (any channel, no rules), receive a "Scrambled channel" message, channel does not appear at all. Other channels also just give the same message. Click the Common Interface options, select the module, wait a few seconds, and then I get the message "You have connected a CAM module"...and after a few more seconds I receive audio+video form the channel. All other channels work again.

It seems to me like the TV is losing awareness of the CAM module after some time or after some channel browsing, and has to "detect" it again.

Anyone else with a similar problem? Other experiences with using CAM modules?

Can I somehow premanently select a subtitle language for a channel? At the moment, I have to select the subtitles whenever I browse to the same channel - not very user friendly.

Please tell me if more technical information is needed to be able to diagnose and resolve this problem.

All best.

Philips - Thomas
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi starterz,

i have not seen that much cases since 14.96 because basically we solved Issues related to Cam modules.

but sometimes I receive the message "Scrambled channel", and after a few more seconds I get the channel audio+video.

Well thats is absolutely normal behavior.

Please also make sure you use 14.98 as latest FW Version.

all the best
Thomas

starterz
05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for feedback. Did not notice newest firmware version, will update today and check again.

I have not had the case when it does not decode the channel at all for 2-3 days, let's hope it stays this way.

All best.

keiooz
05-24-2012, 04:11 AM
A new firmware version? I didn't know this. How can I upgrade my firmware version to the latest? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/text-smiley.png

starterz
05-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I can confirm my issues with the CAM module as resolved. I see the "scrambled channel" message very rarely now, and the situation No. 3 has never happened in the last week. Works just fine.