PDA

View Full Version : No sound on start up

KeithP
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
NP2900/12 running VB16.20S
I am experiencing loss of sound sometimes when I play the internet radio or MP3 music files. The play time counter updates as if the unit is playing but no sound is reproduced. I have to unplug the unit wait a while then re-boot. This does not always clear the problem. Also when showing a friend the demo I could not return and again had to unplug the unit to re-boot. Any ideas? is anyone else having this problem?

Oscar
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Does this happen very often? Is it only related to certain radio stations or is it all?

KeithP
06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
It is a regular occurance. I usually have the station set to radio Leicester but it can happen anytime. It has happened when I was listening to my music collection and changed albums. It is total and I cannot find a way to restore the sound other than powering off, waiting for several minuites, then starting again.
I have my internet station presets set to 1) radio Leicester 2) Radio2, 3) radio3. Sometimes when I go from standby to on internet radio preset 1) it will buffer for a long time then automatically go to preset 2). I can then re-select preset 1) and radio Leicester works, also sometimes this is when the sound stops.