PDA

View Full Version : No sound on start up

KeithP
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
NP2900/12 running VB16.20S
I am experiencing loss of sound sometimes when I play the internet radio or MP3 music files. The play time counter updates as if the unit is playing but no sound is reproduced. I have to unplug the unit wait a while then re-boot. This does not always clear the problem. Also when showing a friend the demo I could not return and again had to unplug the unit to re-boot. Any ideas? is anyone else having this problem?

Oscar
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Does this happen very often? Is it only related to certain radio stations or is it all?

KeithP
06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
It is a regular occurance. I usually have the station set to radio Leicester but it can happen anytime. It has happened when I was listening to my music collection and changed albums. It is total and I cannot find a way to restore the sound other than powering off, waiting for several minuites, then starting again.
I have my internet station presets set to 1) radio Leicester 2) Radio2, 3) radio3. Sometimes when I go from standby to on internet radio preset 1) it will buffer for a long time then automatically go to preset 2). I can then re-select preset 1) and radio Leicester works, also sometimes this is when the sound stops.

Philips - Katerina
08-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina