PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow problem

pyoung
05-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm having trouble doing a USB slideshow on my 37PFL9606K/02. I saved 10 JPGs (1080 px high, sRGB, no embedded profile) on an otherwise empty USB stick (8GB) with names "001.jpg", "002.jpg", etc. On plugging in to the USB socket on the back of the set, the files are read OK with the images correctly displayed, but in the wrong sequence in the "playlist". I failed to discover what determines the display sequence ... whether numeric only, alphanumeric, case-sensitive, max namelength, by "date-picture-taken". Occasionally it's OK but most times it's not. If filenames are changed on the USB stick, it certainly screws up. A slideshow is no use if you can't control the sequence! Can anyone help?
Thanks
PYoung

a_Tom
05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
hey pyoung; its not a matter of file names but of file allocation tables...
way of handling files on computers and how they will be stored on the disc.
just check:
format the stick, go on the pc to the directory where your pictures are, sort them in this directory in the way you also want them on you pc.

now, do not use the mouse!
press CTRL + A; CTRL + C
now navigate to the usb drive (mouse can be sued but for navigation only)
press ctrl + V

wait till copy is finished, be happy.

pyoung
05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
hey pyoung; its not a matter of file names but of file allocation tables...
way of handling files on computers and how they will be stored on the disc.
just check:
format the stick, go on the pc to the directory where your pictures are, sort them in this directory in the way you also want them on you pc.

now, do not use the mouse!
press CTRL + A; CTRL + C
now navigate to the usb drive (mouse can be sued but for navigation only)
press ctrl + V

wait till copy is finished, be happy.

Brilliant! I'm very happy ... thanks!
It works fine too for collections of images in folders and for collections added later.