PDA

View Full Version : FM station list using names instead of frequencies impossible?

paulvr
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
In the previous forum I complained that doing a scan of the cable FM frequencies led sometimes to RDS station names but mostly in just the frequencies. I was told then that I should wait until the station name came to the screen and then store it again. It didn't work at the time so now I tried it again. No luck at all. Whereas Radio 1 is seen on the screen continually the moment I select home-FMstations-store as preset-Preset01-store I still read in the list only frequencies when I touch the right arrow.

This really is something unacceptable, who in heaven's name can remember the station name out of a list of 25 frequencies? It should be possible to get an alphanumerical list when you want to select a station. But how????
It's a shame that this receiver which I connect to the PC for moving audio files to the HDD doesn't allow for a programming of the FM presets, by preference using consumer made names. After all, Dutch and Belgian radio use terms like Radio 1 and Radio 2, and occasionally other countries do as well.

In principle it must be possible, I remember that during my first scan about 5 of the in total 25 FM stations did get stored by name instead of by frequency even though with one exception all FM stations do use RDS. I guess the scan goes too quick to pick up more of them. It should be possible to resolve this manually I would think. But how I don't know.

But for the time being i'd already be happy if I could find station names when I want to select one with my remote control.

My receiver: MCi500/12H, FW versie 1.17.5130.

PS: it happens relatively often that the set "freezes up". That means that only by removing the AC plug it's possible to turn the set off and let it reboot. Quite irritating!

paulvr
05-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Perhaps I should add that doing a scan which at least gives a few station names doesn't help much: when you want to change the order in which radio stations in presets are positioned theyn immediately loose their names. Really unpleasant to use!

backhandguga
05-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I think that this would be a feature that needs to be requested. It would take time to develop this too. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png