PDA

View Full Version : Is Spotify still supported?

k1200rs
05-24-2012, 05:48 AM
Good morning,
I noticed that the refence to Spotify completely disappeared from the NP3900 product pages or any other pages of the Philips site (did a search). No reference anymore to Spotify.

I also noticed that on the Spotify web site (spotify.com) they no longer talk about the Philips Streamium (they reference Sonos, Squeezebox, etc but no longer Philips). The NP3900 used to be mentioned on Spotify.com as a supported device. Not anymore.

So, I am puzzled.
Before buying a Spotify premium account, which is expensive, I'd like to understand what Philips will support as an online service (in France or anywhere else). Is it Spotify? Napster (Rhapsody) or any other? I don't care which one, just need to know.

Thanks and regards,
Francis

k1200rs
05-24-2012, 02:01 PM
On the Spotify forum, I am told the NP3900 is not supported (which explains why Spotify.com does not talk about Philips Streamium anymore).
I don't mind, just wondering whether a on-line service is or will be supported and which one.

lucas1970
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Whol told this since I am still having it on my device :confused:

When using your device do you see it or not?

k1200rs
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Whol told this since I am still having it on my device :confused:

When using your device do you see it or not?

My messages were questions to Philips, not statements.

I used a temporary spotify Premium account (free for some time) and tried to login on the NP3900, without success.
I then went to the Spotify forum where I was told it is not supported which is consistent with the fact that you will not find one reference to the Streamium in the Spotify.com pages (whilst they talk about Sonos, Squeezebox, etc). Same on the Philips web pages, try to find one reference to Spotify (we used to have many).

Above might be all wrong, hence asking Philips to explain what on-line services will be supported, what is the strategy.

I am not sure I will ever get an answer though...

Oscar
06-05-2012, 09:03 AM
it is the premium acount you need and yes that one still works though.

k1200rs
10-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Just retried Spotify.
I opened a Spotify Premium Account (trial) and indeed it works fine with the NP3900.
I enjoy, I just love it.

k1200rs
10-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Spotify is great but there is definitively a difference between my Flac files and Spotify's sound quality. Wondering if there any on-line music service that streams high quality formats such as Flac.