PDA

View Full Version : alarm starts two times after firmware update

dork
05-24-2012, 07:38 PM
i have my alarm set to 6:59 in the morning and set to radio. after the update i have noticed that if i switch the device off after the alarm, it starts surprisingly again exactly at 7:59. this is quite annoying since i am usually leaving for work before 8h and when i come back home in the afternoon the radio has been playing for half of a day already... i guess it probably has to be related to the time-zone setting (i have ut+1) so it starts (correctly) just before 7h CET and then again at 7h UTC...? can philips please issue a new firmware with this bug fixed?

ChefChaudart
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Im afraid Philips does not care of you ( and every one else )

This device, on paper, is fantastic, BUT ; it is full of bugs. And Philips does not / will not (?) correct them.

dork
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Im afraid Philips does not care of you ( and every one else )

This device, on paper, is fantastic, BUT ; it is full of bugs. And Philips does not / will not (?) correct them.

probably you're right. it seems this is why firmware driven devices were invented: in order to speed up the design-to-market cycle, firmware updates were a handy excuse to say "we will fix all the bugs later". which, of course, never happens since when the device hits the stores the engineers are already working on another toy...

this is where open-sourcing the drivers and releasing hardware specifications makes sense. maybe there are enthusiasts that would actually fix it. i would certainly look into the alarm code and try to help (and definitely add a network radio option to alarm, with safety fallback to fm after some timeout)...

ChefChaudart
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
this is why firmware driven devices were invented: in order to speed up the design-to-market cycleTrue ! everywhere, except by Philips :mad:
I always wondered if some Philips managers are using themselves their products ! Probably not (!) Otherwise, how to explain the lack of reaction ....

Gastel71
07-05-2012, 11:22 AM
It's obvious that this device (and maybe all the streamium serie) has been abandoned by Philips (no updates and support for months). Worst product bought in the last ten years (the second place is for Wacom Inkling) No more Philips product ever even for me.

klauzser
07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
I agree. They created a lot of devices where some of them have been totally ignored especially when it comes to upgrading. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png