PDA

View Full Version : 'Retrieve license key' button not working for MediaServer download

Yam
05-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Philips offers this on My Registered Products page:

This product comes bundled with supporting PC software. Click below to download the software and retrieve your licence key.
+ MediaManager + Server

On downloading it offers a button:

Your personal license key(s): 'Retrieve license key'

However, the 'Retrieve license key' button does absolutely nothing. I tried both with Chrome and Internet Explorer to see if it was a browser-related issue, but apparently not.

Any ideas how to get the license key? The software wouldn't install without it.

My product: Philips 5000 series Smart LED TV 46PFL5007K

bizio04
05-28-2012, 01:12 PM
I have the same problem (read here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5942-Activation-Code-Twonky-Media-Manager-3-02)) ... and so far I have no solutions

Yam
08-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Nice to see that Philips support people read the support forums regularly and offer solutions. Not.

betipet
08-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Philips offers this on My Registered Products page:

This product comes bundled with supporting PC software. Click below to download the software and retrieve your licence key.
+ MediaManager + Server

On downloading it offers a button:

Your personal license key(s): 'Retrieve license key'

However, the 'Retrieve license key' button does absolutely nothing. I tried both with Chrome and Internet Explorer to see if it was a browser-related issue, but apparently not.

Any ideas how to get the license key? The software wouldn't install without it.

My product: Philips 5000 series Smart LED TV 46PFL5007K

Did you try with Firefox? It worked for me, thats after a week research where to register and find it.
Hope that helps.

betipet
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Nice to see that Philips support people read the support forums regularly and offer solutions. Not.

I am with you on this.
If I only knew....

Yam
08-09-2012, 06:38 PM
What can I say - it really worked with Firefox! I now have a licencse key! Too bad I had already uninstalled the MediaManager software, because the trial expired and the tray icon annoyed me. :)

I don't think I will bother to re-install it, though, because the MediaManager did not seem very useuful app. But thank you, betipet, for clearing this up. Philips should sell their TVs with a USB-stick with Firefox installer... ;)

betipet
08-09-2012, 07:23 PM
What can I say - it really worked with Firefox! I now have a licencse key! Too bad I had already uninstalled the MediaManager software, because the trial expired and the tray icon annoyed me. :)

I don't think I will bother to re-install it, though, because the MediaManager did not seem very useuful app. But thank you, betipet, for clearing this up. Philips should sell their TVs with a USB-stick with Firefox installer... ;)

You are welcome.
I think with all this research I have been doing and learning things ALL in order to make my TV work
Philips might want to hire me :P