PDA

View Full Version : Phillips SPA5300/10 problem

Wolk
05-26-2012, 03:41 PM
A half a year ago I bought a SPA5300 for my pc. Everything was fine until my sound was cracking and noisy. In the week when this occurd it working sometimes really good and sometimes there wasn't sound. Well I called customer support from the site I bought it from and they send me a new one. Again the first month it worked perfect and after that the same problem. I noticed that the light on the volume table was weak when there was no sound. And when it got better the light shined brighter. Also when I switch the power off the light gets brighter than when it got no sound before it shuts down. I think that sometimes the stereo gets little to no power.
My computer shows that the music is being played. Also note that other stereo devices work perfect on my computer so the problem lays in the stereo itself.
I hope someone can tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. I never had problems with hardware but two times with the same product really frustrates me.

Note that English is not my main language so sorry for the errors.

jmouyal
05-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Incredible! The same thing happened to my device SPA5300 exactly yesterday evening.

I got it since a few months, everything was perfect, till yesterday when it seemed like there was a power problem. I plugged the device on different plugs in my flat, it's always the same problem, the sound should be playing, but it simply doesn't work. THe light goes on when the device is turned off, and when it's on, the light is very low and sounds comes and go.

Please can you help us with this little problem. I can try to fix it myself, but where should I look? Please know that I checked every thing many times, it's a problem with the device itself. Not my sound card or my pc, nor my ipod.

Thanks.

Philips - QK
05-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Dear both,

We suspect this is a resistor issue. Could you help providing the serial number of your device?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jmouyal
05-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Hello,

thank you for the quick answer. Here is my serial number :

My device is SPA5300 and S/N : JT1A1139007134

Philips - QK
05-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks jmouyal. Appreaciate your quick reply.

We will try looking into this after Wolk giving us the serial number as well since we would like to see if your products come from the same patch.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jmouyal
05-28-2012, 10:45 AM
No problem, we keep in touch.

Thanks.

Wolk
05-28-2012, 01:49 PM
My specs are: SPA5300 S/N: JT1A1151003326

jmouyal
05-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Hello. Did you check if our products come from the same group?

Philips - QK
05-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Dear both,

Apologies for this. I have sent through a messge on Tue but I do not know why this cannot be reflected here.

Let me do it again: so for Wolk, his device is coming from a patch that we suspect we have resistor issue. That's why there aren't enough power to output sound. For this, please contact your local service centre to have a fix. If you do not know where is our service centre, please go to www.philips.com/support > contact to call the call centre first.

For jmouyal, your device is not coming from the patch we suspect we have the resistor issue. The rootcause is unknown to us. But since your issue looks exactly the same as Wolk's one, please also go to service to have a check.

Not much information here. But hope this explains a bit to you.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jmouyal
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Indeed you helped! The consumer service accepted to replace the product in the next 7 days! Thank you very, and kind regards!

John.

Philips - QK
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear that John. Hope this solves your issue!
Should you have any questions/ issues, please come to forum and let the community here know and let us know :).

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

giannul
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi! My name is Kostas and I bought an SPA5300 on 24/03/2012. Exactly 2 months later I replaced it with a new pair because of the issue described here. Now I have the new speakers and after only a few days of working properly, the same problem appears in the new speakers as well!!
This is very disappointing because I have already had to set up the speakers on my desk twice and now it seems that I will have to replace the new ones also without even knowing if the replacement will work properly.
I 'm sending you the info about my speakers (below):

SPA5300 S/N: JT1A1151005654 (I received them on 29/05/2012).

Please let me know if there is some way to replace the speakers and somehow ensure that the new speakers will work properly.

Thanks in advance and forgive my impatience.

Best regards.
Kostas

Philips - QK
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi! My name is Kostas and I bought an SPA5300 on 24/03/2012. Exactly 2 months later I replaced it with a new pair because of the issue described here. Now I have the new speakers and after only a few days of working properly, the same problem appears in the new speakers as well!!
This is very disappointing because I have already had to set up the speakers on my desk twice and now it seems that I will have to replace the new ones also without even knowing if the replacement will work properly.

Please let me know if there is some way to replace the speakers and somehow ensure that the new speakers will work properly.

Best regards.
Kostas

Dear Kostas,

Judging from the S/N of your newly replaced set, it's coming from the suspected resistor issue patch. We are sorry but have to recommend you to go to service. This issue can be resolved by replacing the resistor.

Please let us know if we can help you further.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Maus
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi, Maurice here!
I recognize the problems as they are written in this topic.
This morning the same problem appeared while listening to my favourite music on my PC.
Sound normal - sound minimized - no sound - and there it was again at the normal volume and this "behaviour" repeated over and over, with some little cracking so now and then on the speakers.
I checked with my headphone and different speakers: all was normal, so I deduced my problem to my Phillips SPA5300/10.
Here is the SN: JT1A1151004132

I own this set for a couple of months now (I guess it is 5 months). Can you help me with this???

Best regards,
Maurice

Philips - QK
06-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Hi, Maurice here!
I recognize the problems as they are written in this topic.
This morning the same problem appeared while listening to my favourite music on my PC.
Sound normal - sound minimized - no sound - and there it was again at the normal volume and this "behaviour" repeated over and over, with some little cracking so now and then on the speakers.
I checked with my headphone and different speakers: all was normal, so I deduced my problem to my Phillips SPA5300/10.
Here is the SN: JT1A1151004132

I own this set for a couple of months now (I guess it is 5 months). Can you help me with this???

Best regards,
Maurice

Dear Maurice,

Judging from the S/N of your set, it's also coming from the suspected resistor issue patch. This issue can be resolved by replacing the resistor.

We suggest you to contact your local support for further help.
* Go to www.philips.com/support
* On the menu bar, click on "Conatct" tab (on the right hand side)
* You can find those contact details for your local support
* Since the call service may not be free, I suggest you to try our Live Chat service first.

Let us know if you need our further help.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

nameless
06-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello,
I am having exactly the same problem the other users are having. The sound started fading in and out. My serial number is: 8670 000 42421

Philips - QK
06-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Hello,
I am having exactly the same problem the other users are having. The sound started fading in and out. My serial number is: 8670 000 42421

Dear nameless,

We are sorry that the S/N you've provided does not look like a serial number to us as we are not be able to see the supplier details and production details. Below please find a S/N example. Could you please try to see if you can find a number like this on your device?

S/N example: JT1A1151005654

With thanks,
Philips Moderation Team

nameless
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes, sorry about that. The S/N is JT1A1209003358

Dear nameless,

We are sorry that the S/N you've provided does not look like a serial number to us as we are not be able to see the supplier details and production details. Below please find a S/N example. Could you please try to see if you can find a number like this on your device?

S/N example: JT1A1151005654

With thanks,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
06-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Yes, sorry about that. The S/N is JT1A1209003358

Dear nameless,

Your device is not coming from the resistor issue patch. It comes from a newer patch. However, if you have the issue reported here, we would suggest you to bring your device to service. You can contact your local support for more details.

1) Go to www.philips.com/support
2) Click on the "Contact" tab on the top menu. You can find the contact details.

Meanwhile, we will check with our quality team to see if there's also issue in your patch. Thanks for letting us know this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

flatron1730
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Exactly the same is happening to me.

My S/N is JT1A1139006720.

Could you please tell me if my speakers have this resistor issue?
What would I have to do in that case?

Thank you in advance for your support

Philips - QK
07-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Dear Flatron173,

Your device is not coming from the resistor issue patch either. It comes from an even earlier patch.

If a hard reset does not help, we would suggest you to bring your device to service. You can contact your local support for more details.

1) Go to www.philips.com/support
2) Click on the "Contact" tab on the top menu. You can find the contact details.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

flatron1730
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
If a hard reset does not help

How do I hard reset my sound system?
I would like to try this to see if I can fix it myself.

Thank you in advance again

Nikos
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello! Same problem here. Bought them half a month ago. My S/N is : JTA1151001786 .Went to support site , but I'll call them tomorrow.Just wanted to know if it's the resistor issue and if the guarantee covers it.Thanx in advance.

Nikos
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Best regards.
Kostas

Kosta , please let me know how it went with your replacement/fix as I'm facing the same problem with my speakers as well. Bought them half a month ago.
Do you have any issues after replacement/fix ?

Philips - QK
07-12-2012, 02:37 AM
How do I hard reset my sound system?
I would like to try this to see if I can fix it myself.

Thank you in advance again

Dear flatron,

Apologies that I have overlooked your message here. What I mean for 'hard reset' is just unplug the main power and connect it after a while like 15 mins. If this does not work, we recommend you to contact your local support for help.

Hello! Same problem here. Bought them half a month ago. My S/N is : JTA1151001786 .Went to support site , but I'll call them tomorrow.Just wanted to know if it's the resistor issue and if the guarantee covers it.Thanx in advance.

Dear Nikos,

Looking at your S/N, your device seems to come from the patch we suspect to have resistor issue. Please contact your local support for a follow up.

1. Go to www.philips.com/support.
2. Select 'Contact' tab in the main frame menu.

Let us know if you need any further help from us.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Nikos
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Support told me there is not official information about this resistor issue.
Now I wonder: I went to the store officially,I selected your speakers because of your brand name officially , I gave my money away officially as to only receive after the unofficial answer from a Philips forum that there is a series of problematic speakers out there with the brand name Philips that stop working after a short period of time.How should I know I won't face the same problem like kostas TWICE, how should I know I have them finally replaced with the non-problematic resistor/serial number/patch etc. ? Hell, how am I going to convince myself this is a long time lasting sound equipment ?
Moderator,I know it's not your fault man.But tell your superiors they suck-ass because the detail and system stability made you a big company and not just the marketing plans.Speakers that stop working half a month after and made by Philips?? Come on!!!

paul101
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello, I have the same issue as stated above, after only two days moderate use the speakers are not receiving enough power. Would like to know if I have the same faulty product as stated above.

Product: SPA5300/10
S/N: JT1A1209001462

Thanks

Philips - QK
07-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Dear Nikos,

I would like to obtain more information from you on your call with call centre agent. I will send you a PM. Could you please check your inbox?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Nikos
07-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Dear Nikos,

I would like to obtain more information from you on your call with call centre agent. I will send you a PM. Could you please check your inbox?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Dear Moderator I checked it and thanks for you help mate,but it's ok I replaced them with logitech z523 (same price more or less, I paid 5 euros the difference) .

The problem is not the call centre.
The problem my friend is that the official tech lab of Philips here and the Media Markt ( where I bought my speakers) told me they haven't received an official note from Philips that a series of SPA5300 have a resistor issue,or specifically a range of serial numbers of speakers need replacement.Other than that , no other problem came up. But I really wanted an official answer from Philips(in the form of an update note to the stores ,because Media Markt and such companies play grab-ass when these matters come up and throw the responsibility elsewhere than them) as to avoid the problematic patch/serial number etc. after my replacement .

Both Media Markt and tech lab told me I'm good to go for replacement but there is no such list at least officially reporting the problematic serial numbers/patches .

Just for the record I really-really loved your speakers,especially their design !

Thank you again for the info and effort you provided to us, because you got us out of trouble trying to figure out what the hell was wrong.

paul101
07-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I have requested a replacement set but after two working days my order has not progressed. I would also like you to verify whether or not my set has the faulty resistor issue.

S/N: JT1A1209001462

Philips - QK
07-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Dear paul101,

Your device is not from the suspected resistor issue patch. The replacement processing time varies from a country to another and I do not have much information on this. For this, maybe you have to check with your local support.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation team

giannul
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi again,

This is about my 3rd set of Phillips SPA5300/10 speakers. After almost 1 month of working properly, the same problem appears now as with the previous two that I have replaced. Can you please check if this is also 1 of the suspected patch?

S/N: JT1A1151005599

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kostas

coolboysh
07-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi im Shraddheya here,
I bought SPA5300 in january around 7 months back,
within 2 months I got my first problem of no power no sound, I had given my set to the service centre where they told me that it was due to the resistor with they said they changed and it worked fine, around 1 week back i again got a problem of cracking sound of the subwoofer followed with no sound coming from the Right Red port of the subwoofer, I have just got it back today from the service centre they told me that the IC had stopped working, I am scared cuz i feel it will stop working again if the root problem is not fixed. The service center guy always says its becuz of voltage fluctuation, but no other people have this problem.
my model no is SPA5300/10
S/N : JT1A1138004313

plz help me, if this piece is from the bad patch, would it be replaced ?

Philips - QK
07-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Dear users,

Since I see there are more and more cases & the affected patches are getting wider and wider, I will escalate this to our quality team to plan forward some improvement. Meanwhile, if you have 'no sound output issue' and this cannot be settled by a power reset, please kindly contact your local support or take your device to service.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

denier
07-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I have the exact same problem. My S/N is JT1A1148001268

coolboysh
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi,
AS i Posted 2 days back, I had gotten my SPA5300 back from the service centre,
and within 2 days of using it.. I AM AGAIN GETTING CRACKING NOISE FROM MY WOOFER this is the 3rd time i would have to go to the service centre within 6 months of my purchase.
PLEASE I WANT THIS ISSUE RESOLVED, or i want a replacement as my piece is giving my continuous problems arising just after 2 days of it getting repaired.
my model no is SPA5300/10
S/N : JT1A1138004313
PLZ REVERT ASAP
Thank You

Philips - QK
07-30-2012, 04:43 AM
Dear coolboysh,

I understand the frustration you are now experiencing with our product. Since you are located in India, I would like to discuss with India Consumer Care to see what possibilities we can offer. Could you please send a PM with your name, email address and contact number so that we can follow this up?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
07-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Dear Denier,

As mentioned earlier, if this cannot be settled by a power reset, then please kindly contact your local support or take this to service.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

giannul
07-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi again,

This is very frustrating. I have visited local Phillips service several times already over the last 4 months and I have had my speakers replaced every time, with the same outcome. Replacement is also faulty. I do not trust this particular model any more. Is there any way to break this cycle or do I have to accept the fact that I probably wasted my money when I bought these speakers?

BRs,
Kostas

Philips - QK
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Dear Kostas,

Could you advise the country you are located and send me a PM with your name, email and contact number?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
07-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Dear coolboysh,

I have passed your case to India Consumer Care team. They will directly contact you to follow up this.
Kindly let us know if we can help you further.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

coolboysh
07-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Thank You for your help,
I wanted to ask that is the problem faced in SPA5300/10 rectified yet in the latest production pieces ?? Or it is still the same, because if the problem hasnt been solved yet there is no point in replacing with a new one as it will incur the same problem yet again, Hence I would like to know if this problem has been solved as there are many cases that even after replacement, the replaced piece was defected aswell having the same problem, i hope you could provide more info about the same so that i can be assured that ill not be getting the same problem after replacement.
Regards

EmoObama
08-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello,

I have had a problem with my speaker set for quite a while now. The left speaker stops working every so often and to have it start working again I have to either turn up the volume really high for a brief second, or hit it with my hand a few times.
S/N: JT1A1110001182

Thanks.

Philips - Remko
08-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi EmoObama,

Your device is not from the suspected resistor issue patch.

Kindly check with your local support.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation team

yeltz83
08-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Ok, me too. Bought these about 3 weeks ago and worked for a few days then packed up. Been on holiday, so went and swapped them for a new set today and same problem except no sound from the beginning. Green light very low, then becomes brighter when I switch them off. Have tried twice unplugging and restarting but still nothing. Is this going to be comlicated and time consuming (ie they had some logitech for same price which I can swap them for this afternoon...)

Serial number JT1A1201005352

john3
08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Same problem here as well SPA 5300/10 JT1A1139007520 similar number to another poster not in suspected batch but with similar problem. Light pulsating no sound.

I have lost guarantee as was bought on internet then computer broke so lost all mails. I assume serial number will show age of unit less than a year old.

I bought it because of Philips name and perhaps they have a resistor/ capacitor problem that breaks before end of guarantee rather than 1 day following end of guarantee.

I shall ring support tomorrow and if I have no joy I shall not be recommending/buying Phillips products in the future nor will my children and many friends.

Very very disappointed.

Philips - Remko
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Dear yeltz83 & john3,

Your devices are coming from a patch that we suspect we have a resistor issue.

For this, please contact your local service centre. Please go to www.philips.com/support > contact to call the call centre first.

Kind regards,

yeltz83
08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Sorted! (Took it back, got my money back and bought a Woxter system instead. Doesn´t look as nice, but it works!!)

Elias
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
i have the same problem with the sound, the light goes low and the sound comes and goes, my s/n: JT1A1151002101

WHAT DO I DO? IM NOT ABLE TO PURCHASE NEW SPEAKERS.

teslawolf
09-03-2012, 04:22 PM
I recently purchased these speakers and ended up in the same mess. I was playing a song, and the speakers suddenly failed, no sound output at all. The power light which was glowing bright green now glows very dim and brightens up for a few seconds when the device is switched off.

Serial number: JT1A1208000475

Is this an issue with a certain bad batch of products or a general design flaw?

The-Elt
09-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi, Jonathan here, I'm having the same problem as described above and it is now the second set of these speakers that have broken on me, both sets not even lasting a month of use.

I have had a very good experience with Philips in the past, these were to replace my 1300/00 set that was getting on a bit. It would be very disappointing if this can not be fixed.

Model
SPA5300/10
S/N:JT1A1209001807

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

teslawolf
09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
My replacement unit JT1A1208000185 has also failed in a similar way, producing very weak and crackling sound with a very dim power light. Is there any fix to this problem at all? The unit design appears to be fundamentally flawed.

MarkH7895
09-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Hello, I too am having these same problems. The light on the volume wheel is dim and my computer is showing me that music is playing. I think I may have the resistor issue, here is my serial number, please reply quickly.
JT1A1149002610

chetan
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Same problem with my philips speakers spa 5300

so what is the solution for this power issue

Oscar
09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Whats your serial number

dineshdhakal
11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Dear Moderator,

I bought my Philips SPA5300/10 speakers 2 months ago, and now they have suddenly stopped working. The indicator light is dim and there is no sound at all from the speakers. After a couple of days of research, I've come to understand that there was a problem with the speakers and I'm not the only one facing this problem.

I contacted the customer care in India and they have asked me to take the speakers to the service center. Sadly, the nearest service center from my place is 65-70 kms away. I being a college student staying in hostels do not have any means to travel so far. Hence, I requested a service person to be sent for the repair work. But, nothing has been done to resolve this issue.

I am really irritated with the quality of your product as well as the poor service to rectify a well known and widely faced defect in the product. This is a final request from my side to you to kindly resolve this issue or return me my money back. I had never expected something of this sort from a well know brand like yours. I have vowed to never buy a philips product again. Only when something is done to resolve my issue, I shall stand corrected.

Hope to hear from you soon.

The serial no of my product is : JT1A1208001270

kirukp
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi Moderator, I am facing the same problem mentioned here. The speakers SPA5300/10 stopped working after 50 days use. But before going to the service centre, I would like to know if a permanent fix is identified yet. As you have stated in your earlier reply, is there any feedback from your quality team? Hoping for a quick response. TIA.

-kiru

Oscar
11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
better give your serial number also

kirukp
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
My serial is JT1A1208001064

Philips - Remko
11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Dear kirukp,

Your device is coming from a patch that we suspect we have a resistor issue.

For this, please contact your local service centre. Please go to www.philips.com/support > contact to call the call centre first.

Kind regards,

kirukp
11-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi Moderator,

I understand this is a resistor issue but even replacement units have failed as stated by others users in this thread. What is the permanent fix? Have you got any suggestions from your quality team?

Please do the needful.

Oscar
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Permanent fix would be service because maybe the replacements are from the same problem batch it looks.

Best thing is service so the part can be changed

punithbharadwaj
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Even i'm having the same problem
my S/N no. is JT1A1208000427

kirukp
11-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi, I took my speakers to the service center, they asked me wait for 20 minutes to do the repair. When they brought it back it was working fine, not sure what exactly they did but told me they replaced something. Also they weren't aware of this resistor issue. Hope the speakers will work for long. Anyways I am happy now.

ikmahesh
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi Philips Support team,
My SPA 5300/10 bought on june 2012 was working fine. Few days back the woofer stopped working. The LED in the volume control is shining bright & the satellite speakers are working fine.

The serial No is : JT1A1138004479

Please let me know if I can get the item replaced/repaired.

Thank you,

Mahesh

Oscar
11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Looking at all other threads better go to service...

ikmahesh
11-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Oscar,
Thanks for your reply. Luckily I'm very near to Service Center, and gave it for service.

mufeed5300
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
my speaker Philips spa 5300 while switching ON the the light in the volume control shows dim light and after switching it off the light gets brighter it has got no sound also
any solution for this?

Serial number (S/N)- JT1A1209003732

kirukp
12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
my speaker Philips spa 5300 while switching ON the the light in the volume control shows dim light and after switching it off the light gets brighter it has got no sound also
any solution for this?

Serial number (S/N)- JT1A1209003732

It seems you are facing the same problem explained in this thread. When did you purchase this? You need to visit the nearest Philips Service Center to get it checked. Thanks.

klaudyuxxx
04-13-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm facing the same problem with these speakers, and i barely bought them this week. Can they be fixed, or I'll just waste time with the service center? Some say they were fixed and other say they weren't.

Faust
04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
well, I would give it a go with the service centre. Your speakers are not working now anyway, so it can get only better, isn't it?

klaudyuxxx
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
well, I would give it a go with the service centre. Your speakers are not working now anyway, so it can get only better, isn't it?

I did send them yesterday... They do work, i'm pretty happy with them, no bass under ~40hz but that's ok, it's to be expected from a small subwoofer.
They stop after ~5 minutes whenever the volume is set to low on the laptop/phone/mp3 player and the LED gets dimmed. I hope the guys from service will notice this too........:(but i'm so worried they won't give a, and send them back without fixing them.
I'm a bit concerned because I'm on a bad luck spree lately with electronics and bad service centers. Devices seem to fail all around me. Yesterday I noticed my gas meter is blocked since November 2012. Didn't register any consumption.
I'll get back with a feedback when they arrive :p

silvestrebryan
05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
hi im bryan i read all the problem about the spa5300. and all same problems. i buy spa5300 1 month ago but i cant use now!!! pls help me how to repair my spa 5300 dis is my s/n:JT1A1233000390

klaudyuxxx
05-07-2013, 10:11 AM
I sent them in service and they just replaced them. The new ones have the same problem: at low volume (from the laptop) they just turn off and the LED is dimmed. The solution is to keep a volume higher than 25% from the laptop at all times. Can't find anything related in the manual but I guess it's a feature of these speakers to turn off by themselves when no sound is detected, to save energy.

VirgĂ lio Carlos Santos
05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Hello,
I recently purchased a PHILIPS SPA5300/10 with serial number: JT1A1244000479, and on the first use, after 2 or 3 minutes the columns stop beeping, it is necessary to turn off and wait a few minutes and then unmute but again after 2-3 minutes of use is again muted.
I ask for your help in solving this problem.

With best regards,

Vaga
05-27-2013, 10:59 AM
hi virga, i'm not sure if i understand correctly. does it mean that your device does mute itself after 2-3minutes of use?

have you seen this? maybe it can help or clarify how to connect your device - http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=SPA5300/10&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&refdisplay=ACC_OTG_PC%20SPK_0009&refnr=0087205&scy=GB&slg=ENG :)

klaudyuxxx
05-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, the speakers turn off by themselves, and the LED from the remote becomes dimmed, when the volume from the laptop is below 15%. So, everytime I have to keep i high volume from the laptop, to avoid speakers turning off by themselves. The same happens whatever i'm using, an mp3 player, a phone, a PC, u name it, i tried them all.

Vaga
05-27-2013, 11:34 AM
oh, i see. actually, i do remember there was a discussion about this here sometime ago. yes, the slight issue is that the connection drops off when the volume is too low, so you need to find out the minimum volume you can have so it does not switch itself off...

xSulkRL
06-08-2013, 12:47 AM
I sent them in service and they just replaced them. The new ones have the same problem: at low volume (from the laptop) they just turn off and the LED is dimmed. The solution is to keep a volume higher than 25% from the laptop at all times. Can't find anything related in the manual but I guess it's a feature of these speakers to turn off by themselves when no sound is detected, to save energy.
Same thing is happening to me, did u find an answer?

Faust
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
hi xSulkRL, the speakers will go to stand by when they don't seem to recieve any audio signal. unfortunately, it also happens when the sound is too low. so you need to find out the minimum volume which is still recieved by the speakers.

Kuku Tobden
06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello,
I'v got the same problem like "Wolk" and "jmouyal" with my SPA5300, and i was wondering if i could get a replacement.
I had bought this from a online retailer in India about one and a half years ago.
I hope someone can tell me whats wrong with the product and how to fix it.

Vaga
06-28-2013, 03:11 PM
hi kuku, i don't think that this will be eligible for replacement, especially if your product is already out of warranty. as mentioned above, the headphones will go to standby if they don't seem to receive any signal which unfortunately happens when the volume is set to low. just adjust the volume to the higher level and then it will stop going to standby.

Kuku Tobden
06-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Vaga,
i took your advice n checked but everything was all rite, the problem must b with the speaker itself, and is there anything i can do to Fix it ?, and if you read the 1st post but Wolk and jmouyal thats the same problem that i have with my speakers and i dont need any replacements i just want to know how to fix the speaker.

Vaga
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi Kuku, in this case I would suggest to take it to your local service centre to have it checked and fixed for you...you can contact your Philips Custome care Line and they will advise where to take your speakers...http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?locale_org=global .

Axwell
01-16-2014, 11:39 PM
First of all,sorry for my english, i'm french^^

This model does not have a problem with the external potentiometer ( that set the volume )

There's an issue with a resistance (named r40) IN the main subwoofer chipset, it requires a bit of technical skill but you can try to fix it yourselves ( as i did ) by shunting the "R40" resistance by a 100 ohm "classic resistance" .

I hope it helps the bravest of you !^^

I took a picture ( below) of the main chipset after modification.

Axwell
01-16-2014, 11:42 PM

It's not so tricky do it yourselves!^^

Martas90
01-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi guys,
I've got same problem with the sound, I guess. Is my device from patch with resistor problem? S/N: JT1A1234000458. Thanks Axwell for informations and picture. I'm going to fix it myself too.

Martas90
01-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Ok, it is fixed. I used 151 Ohm resistor, because i had no 100 Ohm resistor. I put it right next to original 100 Ohm resistor. It works just fine.

Truf
02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Dear moderator
I have the same problem. My S/N is JT1A1137001265
Is this the same batch?

Kind regards

Philips - Rafal
02-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Dear Truf,

Please refer your unit to a service centre. We do not encourage self-repair for security reasons.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

sampass
05-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Hello moderator. I have the stated set of speakers, S/N: JT1A1233000285, I was wondering whether they're from this talked about batch of faulty goods? They have very crackly sound when they are actually working but most of the time won't work at all. On occasion, when I move the leads around, they will work slightly but only for a matter of seconds before fading out. Is there is anything I can do to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Sam

Philips - Rafal
05-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Dear Sir,

Please refer your speakers to a service centre as this is most likely a resistor issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

pantelis
05-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Dear Philips
I would like to tell you that the speakers (Philips SPA5300/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.1 - Black and Red) I bought from Amazon.uk some weeks ago, have stoped working suddenly without any "reason". I did never used them in full volume. I am using them very 'gently', but suddenly as the music was played, they stoped working. I changed sockets etc. but still nothing happened. Is there any hidden function etc? or we have to replace it.

My S/N is : JT1A1408002419

Philips - Rafal
05-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Dear Pantelis,

It looks like a technical defect that will need an attention from a qualified technician. Please contact your local repair centre or Philips dealer.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

pantelis
05-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Dear Pantelis,

It looks like a technical defect that will need an attention from a qualified technician. Please contact your local repair centre or Philips dealer.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

What if it comes from a patch that you suspect a resistor issue????

Philips - Rafal
05-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Dear pantelis,

The behaviour of your speakers indicate that it's a resistor issue and therefore I suggest you refer your speakers to a service centre.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - Rafal
06-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Dear Users,

There is no active discussion on this topic for quite some time. Therefore, we have closed this topic for the moment. In case you want to discuss further, you may start a new topic or send me a PM to re-open the topic.

Thanks for your understanding in advance!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team