PDA

View Full Version : connecting to my network

MCCM
05-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi all,

Just bought a 32PFL3517H.
Still not quite sure wether this is a so called smart TV or not.
Anyway, I'd like to know something before trying to connect to my network.
I read about DHCP in the manual, but on my router I use static IP numbers. I suppose this doesn't pose problems?
I'm unsure about using wifi or wired network. In any case the cable will have to be longer than the 3 M. mentioned in the manual.
I might be going wifi because drilling a hole for cable is a little problematic here.

regards,

Philips - Marco
05-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the Philips TV Forum.

You can use your router to connect through the Ethernet-LAN RJ-45 port, however in order to use the Wi-Fi there is an optional accessory, the Wireless USB adapter (PTA01).

Thanks
Marco

tripodzid
05-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile2.gif

It seems like you are just doing quite fine. Just go on and follow all the instruction written in the manual and you should be all good.

MCCM
05-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile2.gif

It seems like you are just doing quite fine. Just go on and follow all the instruction written in the manual and you should be all good.

Afraid I have problems.
Today I bought a wifi adapter. It detects my network and it connected, according to the message on TV.
But when I try to use the network, TV says: can't find server.
I have installed wifi media connect on the PC, but it seems to keep seartching fo TV and does not find it.

As I tried to explain, I use static IP adresses on my PC (Win XP). Not sure wether this poses a problem.

What values do I enter in the manual settings of the TV?

Thanks for imput.

Philips - Marco
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi MCCM,

WiFi Media connect is not supported for your model, 32PFL3517H.
You can use one of the following software depending on your configuration and OS:

-Windows Media Player (for Microsoft Windows)
-Twonky Media (for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X)
-Sony Vaio Media Server (for Microsoft Windows)
-TVersity (for Microsoft Windows)
-Nero MediaHome
-DiXiM (for Microsoft Windows XP)
-Macrovision Network Media Server (for Microsoft Windows)
-Fuppes (for Linux)
-uShare (for Linux

Regards,
Marco