PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL486K/02 German HD sat channels not found

JamJoe
05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
After the recent changing of sat channels in new positions, I cannot install now the German HD public channels. I repeated the installation of the satellite and all channels 3 times, but I never got ZDF, ARD and ARTE German HD channels. I tried the manual installation of the channels without success. The latest firmware is installed. What is going wrong? Thank you for help.

Philips - Benedickte
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi JamJoe

First of all welcome to our forum.

Have you checked your channel grid for "ard hd alt". Most of the time you can find on the last half of the pages. Before searching for them, make sure you have set the list to all.

Note: Arte HD alt is no longer in use, so you will not find these in the grid.

Benedickte

a_Tom
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
hey jamjoe; "ard hd alt" is the name for the old channel, its supposed to be not in the grid anymore, but sometimes it is... when you scroll through the channel grid just stay on the name for some seconds, the name will hover and you can see full name, ard hd ald and arte hd alt should not be used anymore, the new channels ard hd and arte hd will be somewhere in the grid, go to the grid > optionen '> liste wählen > alle, search for it

JamJoe
06-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi JamJoe

First of all welcome to our forum.

Have you checked your channel grid for "ard hd alt". Most of the time you can find on the last half of the pages. Before searching for them, make sure you have set the list to all.

Note: Arte HD alt is no longer in use, so you will not find these in the grid.

Benedickte

Thank you and the following others for the response. I set again the menue on all channels and looked thoroughly the complete list of all channels until the end at about 2600 positions. But I did not find ZDF HD and ARD HD. I found others, e. g. Phoenix HD, WDR HD, Arte HD etc.
I want to install manually. I have a list of the positions of HD channels. E. g. the positions of DAS ERSTE HD and others are S3 - 121 - SR -6900 - Modulation 256 QAM. But I can set only MHz, but not S3, SR and QAM.SR and QAM is not possible to set. So the TV does not find the channel. Who can tell me how to set?

In my first installation of the channels the TV set all HD channels at the beginning of the channel list, but now after a new search the HD channels are spread all over the list. My be I have to reset the TV completely. How can I do that?

Philips - Benedickte
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you and the following others for the response. I set again the menue on all channels and looked thoroughly the complete list of all channels until the end at about 2600 positions. But I did not find ZDF HD and ARD HD. I found others, e. g. Phoenix HD, WDR HD, Arte HD etc.
I want to install manually. I have a list of the positions of HD channels. E. g. the positions of DAS ERSTE HD and others are S3 - 121 - SR -6900 - Modulation 256 QAM. But I can set only MHz, but not S3, SR and QAM.SR and QAM is not possible to set. So the TV does not find the channel. Who can tell me how to set?

In my first installation of the channels the TV set all HD channels at the beginning of the channel list, but now after a new search the HD channels are spread all over the list. My be I have to reset the TV completely. How can I do that?

Hi.

By restoring to factory settings you will only restore to default picture and sound settings, while the channel installation settings remain the same. So this will not help in your case.

Here is how you reset your TV to factory settings:
1. While you watch TV, press menu button(house).
2. Select [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Factory settings], then press OK.
TV settings are reset to default

We are looking into this to find a solution.

Benedickte

JamJoe
06-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Thank you, it was helpful. I now resettet the TV and installed all new. The HD channels are like the first installation at the beginning of the channel list. I get the HD channels of ZDF, ARD, WDR, Arte, Phoenix and others. But I have two new problems now:

1) I don`t find the normal (not HD) channels Pro Sieben, Sat1, RTL in the grid.
2) Formely I have got with my two LNB-device the satellite HOT BIRD with its channels, but now the TV cannot find the satellite any more. I made the seach 5 times. No success.
May be you have any solution
Thx JamJoe

Philips - Benedickte
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Thank you, it was helpful. I now resettet the TV and installed all new. The HD channels are like the first installation at the beginning of the channel list. I get the HD channels of ZDF, ARD, WDR, Arte, Phoenix and others. But I have two new problems now:

1) I don`t find the normal (not HD) channels Pro Sieben, Sat1, RTL in the grid.
2) Formely I have got with my two LNB-device the satellite HOT BIRD with its channels, but now the TV cannot find the satellite any more. I made the seach 5 times. No success.
May be you have any solution
Thx JamJoe

Hi JamJoe

Please look at the solutions under:

1) Have you tried to automatically sort the DVB-S channel list by name to see where the channels are and whether they are indeed not available anymore (Open up channel list -> Options -> Sort -> By name)?
If the channels are truly gone, it could be down to a local reception issue (dish not aligned properly, corroding cables due to humidity etc.).
2) Have you activated DiSEqC in the ACI settings of the DVB-S ACI?
(very likely this has been deactivated due to the fact that you reset your TV set and the factory settings look exactly like this)
Menu -> Setup -> Search satellite -> Reinstall channels -> Settings -> Connection type -> DiSEqC 1.0 (3-4 LNBs)

Benedickte