PDA

View Full Version : How to use Coaxial Audio Out (BDP3200)

saurabhagarwal_2000
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM
My DVD player : BDP3200/51
Version: 1.73

I bought a nice Belkin Coaxial Audio cable, connected to the DVD player's Coaxial out and my speakers.
But no sound is coming, do I need to "turn on" some setting or is it like the Audio is always available on coaxial out of DVD player ?

Schlacke
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
First of all - you canīt connect the player directly (without any amplifier) to your speakers.
If you use active speakers (with integrated amplifier), you should use the "audio out" (the 2 RCA/cinch connections; white/red) and not the "coax out" connection.
The "coax out" can only be used in combination with a receiver/amplifier which has a "coax in".
"Coax"-Audio is digital, "audio out" is analog.
If you use a "coax"-connection to a analog amplifier, it could be damaged.

So if you have active speakers or an old stereo amplifier/receiver, use the "audio out" connections.
If you have a amplifier/receiver with "coax in", use the "coax out" connection.
When you use the "coax" connection you maybe have to change some settings in the player setup.
If your amplifier/receiver canīt handle dolby digital or dts sound, you should change:
- Digital Audio > PCM
- PCM Downsampling > Yes
If your amplifier/receiver can handle dolby digital or dts sound:
- Digital Audio > Auto
- PCM Downsampling (canīt say; depends on your amp/receiver)

Maybe you should give us more information about your hardware...

saurabhagarwal_2000
06-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks so much Schlacke for the detailed reply.
The reason I wanted to use coax is because I have heard that the sound output is excellent compared to the usual audio out.
My speakers are the old ones and they just have 3.5mm input, so I am using a converter cable RCA to 3.5 mm and it works fine.
Since Coax also uses an RCA connector, I thought it might work, but it didnt.

suntattood
06-13-2012, 03:42 AM
First of all - you canīt connect the player directly (without any amplifier) to your speakers.
If you use active speakers (with integrated amplifier), you should use the "audio out" (the 2 RCA/cinch connections; white/red) and not the "coax out" connection.
The "coax out" can only be used in combination with a receiver/amplifier which has a "coax in".
"Coax"-Audio is digital, "audio out" is analog.
If you use a "coax"-connection to a analog amplifier, it could be damaged.

So if you have active speakers or an old stereo amplifier/receiver, use the "audio out" connections.
If you have a amplifier/receiver with "coax in", use the "coax out" connection.
When you use the "coax" connection you maybe have to change some settings in the player setup.
If your amplifier/receiver canīt handle dolby digital or dts sound, you should change:
- Digital Audio > PCM
- PCM Downsampling > Yes
If your amplifier/receiver can handle dolby digital or dts sound:
- Digital Audio > Auto
- PCM Downsampling (canīt say; depends on your amp/receiver)

Maybe you should give us more information about your hardware...

Thank you so much for creating an instruction. Works perfectly for me. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-cool.gif