PDA

View Full Version : Unable to hide unwanted channels

DunxUK
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
TV: 32PDL7906T/12 Q5551-0.14.98.0 Region: UK Freeview

This is so basic I must surely be missing something! Every DTV box I have ever owned (including Philips ones) have given the options of 'hiding' some of the many digital channels it discovers. It stops them appearing on EPG lists etc.

However I cannot find how to work out how to do it on this TV. The nearest thing I can find is a facility to block the channels so that a childlock key is needed, but they still all appear on all the listings.

Even a 'favourites' option would be handy. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Also how do you remove the childlock feature? Not change the password but actually disable it completely so that it never asks again?

Many thanks everyone!!!

Manuel
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
This feature was removed in the latest firmware upgrades, there are some legal issues.

matthias
06-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately, that's true.
And the "Favourites" list doesn't hide channels from the EPG, so that's not helpful.

So you can basically do two things:
1) Move all the channels you don't need out of the way to high numbers (you can enter the channel number directly - no need to scroll through each page)
or
2) Find the Philips Channel Editor on Google. It's a program for resellers to configure the program list on the PC and upload it to the TV via USB. It's not officially released and available for download, and if used in the wrong way, it can damage your TV to the point where you need a service technician to restore the firmware back to a working condition.
I don't have it, but I've heard people successfully using it.

Philips - Benedickte
06-04-2012, 11:22 AM
TV: 32PDL7906T/12 Q5551-0.14.98.0 Region: UK Freeview

This is so basic I must surely be missing something! Every DTV box I have ever owned (including Philips ones) have given the options of 'hiding' some of the many digital channels it discovers. It stops them appearing on EPG lists etc.

However I cannot find how to work out how to do it on this TV. The nearest thing I can find is a facility to block the channels so that a childlock key is needed, but they still all appear on all the listings.

Even a 'favourites' option would be handy. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Also how do you remove the childlock feature? Not change the password but actually disable it completely so that it never asks again?

Many thanks everyone!!!

Hi Dunx.

How to reorder the channels please see link: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/oleeview.pl?view=aa12_view_iframe.html&scy=gb&slg=ENG&refnr=0085314&dct=QAC&ctn=32PDL7906T/12&session=20120604071057_195.59.122.164

Benedickte