PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting 42PFL8404H/12 Ambilight TV

richcookie
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me. I have bought a second hand Philips Ambilight 42PFL8404H/12

I managed to set it all up beautifully, plugged the Ethernet cable into the back of the TV and connected to the other end to my router. I ran the network wizard and managed to hook up the TV to Net-TV. I entered my e-mail address and got a link via e-mail to register with Club Philips. I then turned the TV on and off as instructed and now I can not connect to the internet via the TV.

I have run network wizard again and it just looks and looks and can not locate router. Even in network settings, there is no IP address, so I guess the TV is not picking up the router. My ethernet MAC address is 00:90:3e:b8:f6:2c.

What would you suggest? changing ports on router? Changing ethernet cable? I have gone into the settings on my Sky router via 192.168.0.1, but don't understand firewalls and things, so maybe this is the problem

Any advice or help would be much appreciated! Cheers, Richard.

Oh and I updated the software via USB stick and it is now running on Q5481-0.26.78.0. If that makes any difference!

Toengel
06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I suggest to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes and try again. Also check the cable by connecting a notebook to that cable. If this works and the TV does not get an DHCP address, something is wrong in your TV. Maybe a factory reset also works on TV side.

Toengel@Alex