PDA

View Full Version : PHILIPS BLU-RAY 3D PLAYER (BDP5200) gets stuck when loading!

acalderon
06-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone!

A few months ago, I bought the PHILIPS BDP5200. I haven't used it that much because I've just started to build my blu-ray movie collection, so I don't have too many movies to watch yet. It so happens that I recently bought the GAME OF THRONES blu-ray set and I realised that when I change the disc it gets stuck when loading! The screen turns plain black, although you can hear that it's actually loading. The remote doesn't seem to respond, and the only way I can get it to work is to turn it off directly in the player, wait a bit, turn it on again, eject the disc and put it back again. Then, it loads and works fine!
Truth is, it's a real bummer to think that I'll have to do this everytime I put a new disc. It shouldn't be doing this!
I've got my player connected to a SONY BRAVIA LED TV (40') via HDMI.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Toengel
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi,

see this thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3108-Is-your-Blu-ray-disc-not-playing-back/page6

GOT seems to be a problem on different players.

Toengel@Alex

Oscar
06-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Better give the ean code also

acalderon
06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks! So it seems to be a problem with the firmware? i have to upgrade it to the latest version? where can I get it? It says it solves tons of problems with other blu ray movie titles like harry potter, but it doesn't say anything about game of thrones. Should I upgrade the firmware anyways? coz i also read that some people that did it started to have problems playing other discs which played normally before. :confused:

acalderon
06-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Better give the ean code also

Game of Thrones: the complete first season
EAN code: 4000033383

gaschrader
12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Same issue: Philips Player BDP5000/12, latest firmware. Game of Thrones disc(s) get stuck (freezes) whilst loading.

- EAN code: 5 051892 074636