PDA

View Full Version : Region code troubles forcing me to other brands?

martinus
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi'
I'm the unfortunate owner of a Philips BDP3100 blu-ray player... Unfortunate as I just discovered that I can't use for playing newly bought Blu-ray discs at all...

Problem: As many producers nowadays dilevers their blu-ray-movies with the region-code A+B+C your player needs to be able to determine which code is the rigtht one. This can't be done on a Philips machine. They are all locked to region B - and though my blu-ray-disc claims that it contains the region B (As well as A+C) it's not enough for Philips...

And the Philips support team could help with neither unlock-procedures or updates to fix the problem...

Until now I was pretty fun of my Philips gear, but now....

Yours sincerely

Claus Vesterager Martinus

kwinnie
06-07-2012, 04:02 AM
hi there,
this is very strange to me. A-B-C disc should be able to be played in B device. do you see a pop up saying "region code error"? if not, that probably not a region code issue, but disc playability issue. maybe you can give some ean for a check.

suntattood
06-13-2012, 04:50 AM
That is correct. It should work without any problem. I haven't encounter anything like this on my end. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-cool.gif

MidnightManiac
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I've never had issues region unlocking any of my 5 Philips DVD/BluRay players.