PDA

View Full Version : Limited Volume Level

dee50
06-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I have a BDP7600/12 FW V1.09 Could someone tell me if it is normal for volume to be restricted with this player. I can not get the volume any higher than 50% on my TV, this applies to all DVD/Blurays. It does not apply to ordinary TV. I only discovered this whilst trying to turn the volume up for a rock concert on DVD, got to 50% and the volume did not increase beyond this level even though the indicator on the Tv went up to 100%. I have tried many different DVDs and Blurays all with the same result, so it is the player. Is there a setup in the audio menu that I am missing,oh and No I do not have night mode enabled. I am connected via a high quality HDMI cable, well not personally, the player and the TV. I have not updated the FW because you all seem to have problems after doing this, at least according to most of the threads on this forum and I do not use the wifi or connect to the internet, for the same reason.

Any enlightenment would be greatly received

dee50
06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
I have a BDP7600/12 FW V1.09 Could someone tell me if it is normal for volume to be restricted with this player. I can not get the volume any higher than 50% on my TV, this applies to all DVD/Blurays. It does not apply to ordinary TV. I only discovered this whilst trying to turn the volume up for a rock concert on DVD, got to 50% and the volume did not increase beyond this level even though the indicator on the Tv went up to 100%. I have tried many different DVDs and Blurays all with the same result, so it is the player. Is there a setup in the audio menu that I am missing,oh and No I do not have night mode enabled. I am connected via a high quality HDMI cable, well not personally, the player and the TV. I have not updated the FW because you all seem to have problems after doing this, at least according to most of the threads on this forum and I do not use the wifi or connect to the internet, for the same reason.

Any enlightenment would be greatly received

Not much of a "support" forum, now the 19 June and not a single response, what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Philips.

kwinnie
06-20-2012, 02:15 AM
could you give it a factory reset and try again?

Schlacke
06-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Don´t know the BDP 7600, but would say it´s not the BDP which limit the volume.
Try the setup of your TV. On my Sony TV i can save seperate settings (picture and sound) for each input (hdmi). Also there are already configured settings (modes) like cinema, sport, game and so on.
What kind of ´ordinary´ TV are you using ? Via SAT-Receiver, Cable, Antenna or something else ?
And is it an integrated TV-Tuner or an external one ?
On my external SAT-Receiver i can increase or decrease the volume AND the same with the TV.
Maybe you could try a different HDMI-input on your TV, or another device (like DVD-Player, SAT-Receiver...) on that HDMI-input where your DBP is connected now.
Or maybe testing with another HDMI cable...