PDA

View Full Version : IP_EPG failing again

erho
06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Thursday evening: EPG totally empty; friday evening: channel info missing for three main channels. Saturday evening: EPG totally empty again.

I'm complaining for months now. Contacted helpdesk several times, costs me € 35,= in total. Why doesn't anyone from Philips responds? It looks like Philips support don't cares at all. Start a facebook topic: send a message to your friends and relatives and warn them NOT TO BUY PHILIPS PRODUCTS.

Peer
06-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Same issue here, totally unusable. Also most of the time slow, not filled in or many channels missing.

L1Zeeman
06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Same issue here.

Peer
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Just now again, lot's of missing info "not available". The built-in EPG from the TV-networks is working flawlessly but is very annoying because lack of PIP (or some transparancy) and sound. The solution for Philips (if they ever read this): upgrade the built-in EPG to something usable and you never have to worry again about some dodgy IP-EPG !!

tketelaars
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Do you suffer from a complete loss of all programs too?
Since one week now, I need to re-install all programs when I turn the tv on...

For a tv this expensive and supposedly the best of Philips, this does not seem to add to the reputation of P{hilips... or is it me?

Peer
06-12-2012, 07:29 AM
No. Sometimes there's only the PIP and advert showing, the rest is empty. Sometimes PIP, advert and only the channel logo's. Sometimes PIP, advert, channel logo's and some channels with info, other channels "no info available" As you can see there are many variations daily and its never sure to have a complete EPG showing. Besides that, it's also very slow in scrolling forward or backward and it doesn't respect your (favourite) channel order.

Philips
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Dear all,

Please refer to IP-EPG "MAINTENANCE / CHANGES / ANNOUNCEMENTS (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forum.php)" made today.
We want to have your feedback if these announced improvements really work, therefore let us know (after the downtime of tomorrow).

Kind regards,
JuAn

Toengel
06-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,

day 1 after the maintenance:

I only get the background image, the ad and the PIP - the PIP picture isn't resized to the small window... I only see the part behind that area.

No broadcast info, no "online tv" button, no weekday...

Before maintenance it worked flawlessly on my TV.

Reload does not help.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
We found that there is an issue with the program guide (IP-EPG) on the 2010 TV models since the upgrade yesterday.
Most of the times when you access the IP-EPG, the shown page is empty.

We are investigating the cause and are working on a solution.

On other TV models the program guide works just fine.

Toengel
06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi Mark,

thank you for that feedback!

Alex

L1Zeeman
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi,

First impression is positive:
EPG loads faster (though still slower in the evening hours)
Faster response on commands esp scolling left/right and up/down.

@Alex, Had similar problems in the past, "Clear Apps Memory" proved much more helpful than Reload.

Best regards,
Leen

L1Zeeman
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Dear all,

Please refer to IP-EPG "MAINTENANCE / CHANGES / ANNOUNCEMENTS (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forum.php)" made today.
We want to have your feedback if these announced improvements really work, therefore let us know (after the downtime of tomorrow).

Kind regards,
JuAn

Hi JuAn,

In addition to my earlier post:

First impression was positive. The only annoying thing was that at every first time I accesed the EPG after the TV had been in stand-by, I had to accept the Gracenote T&C's.

However, on thursday evening 14/6 around 22:00 CET problems started again:
- EPG loads very slow or incomplete or not at all.
- Scheduled recording has suddenly disappeared from the list (somewhere between 15/6 afternoon and 20:00 CET).
At the same time the Gracenote T&C issue no longer occurs.
So it seems some further changes have occured on 14/6 that affect the improvements.

In the mean time speed has improved a bit, but still not a good as just after the update.

Best regards,
Leen

paanaz
06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
In Finland with 42PFL7606T/12 IP-EPG is missing at least following channel informations:
LIV
JIM
TV5
FOX
AVA
Already contacted local Philips support, and they gave just usual info: update tv's software, refresh/reload ip-epg from options, install tv again... they didn't work, obviously.
It s**ks that You need that IP-EPG for scheluded recording.
From 12 free channels, there is only info from 7 channels...

Peer
06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
The speed of the IP-EPG isn't much or nothing improved. When using the EPG for the first time it takes about 15 seconds to complete. Switching between channels and accessing the EPG again results also takes 10..12 seconds. Staying on the same channel an repeatedly accessing gives a faster display speed (2..5 seconds) but still the famous "balls" are running on the bottom for some seconds. So the caching mechanisme is not clear to me, why isn't the TV caching in the background to have the EPG instantly ready to display ? Much channels aren't available, even by hand they are not there. Another bug(s): pressing enter when on an item to see more information the display turns black without sound, then the balls are running followed by a black PIP and advert. Then sound comes back first, PIP displays proper and at last the asked information. However the back button doesn't work anymore, so the only solution is to press the Home button, select TV to get beack watching TV.

So honest: this is what Philips means with improvement ?!?

40PFL9705

el_lama
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Wonder, why there has to be, from my point of view, stupid ad on the left side. Philips, can't you make it simple?
Another thing is that, why there's no option to display EPG just for starred channels?

Edit: checked IP-EPG today (19.6.2012) and to my surprise the TV schedule for all the programs is from 12 June! Reload does not help at all and I do not want to clear the cache (as it removes other related data like passwords etc. for SmartTV apps.). An EPG broadcasted along with a channel provides correct data. So ... what's to problem?

Peer
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Yesterday evening the IP-EPG stayed empty, no channel list and no info. Back to square one again

Toengel
06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem... could only be solved by reloading the page 3 or 4 times...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
06-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi,

@Philips
what is the actual status of your IP-EPG upgrade?

Yesterday my IP-EPG stucked at 3 pm. When I tried to open IP-EPG at 8 pm, it still showed 3 pm. Later that evening, no content was shown. Reloading does not fix that. Reloading was also not really possible - or nothing happened. Only loading bullets...

Toengel@Alex

user0815
06-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Can echo. Same crap was at mine.

PS. that's usual behavior at Servers that have no monitoring on weekends !

Toengel
06-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi,

in the German Philips community forum an announcement was done, that today between 10am and 1 pm there will be maintainance on the IP-EPG.

In the English forum the announcement box disappears for my account. I cannot find the option to switch it on...

Toengel@Alex