PDA

View Full Version : how to update sucessfully the BDP 3200/55 for Chile and other countries

scandisk
06-14-2012, 02:25 AM
well i had troubles to upgrade my system , in fact if you follow your logic and download the firmware in spanish will not get anything because the firmware that is in spanish is outdated here is the steps for successfully really upīgrade your player with the latest version of firmware step by step.

1st reset your blu ray player,

2nd when is resseted, change the blu ray player language to english

3rd step go to http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog/products.jsp;jsessionid=428B754C84C8A3D08B2860CC07 1DE148.app106-drp1?_dyncharset=UTF-8&country=&categoryid=BLURAY_DISC_PLAYERS_SU_CL_CARE&userLanguage=es&navCount=1&groupId=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR_CL_CARE&catalogType=&navAction=push&userCountry=cl&title=Reproductores+Blu-ray&cateId=BLURAY_AND_DVD_CA_CL_CARE

and lookup your player model, in my case the BDP3200/55

4TH step download the firmware but the firmware language must be english,

5th when is downloaded uncompress the file and in a USB stick formatted in FAT filesystem copy the folder upg_all and later of finish of copy the files unplug the USB stick of your computer and connect the device in your blu ray player

6th

go to the final tab and go to update and select USB, the system will start to look the files in your usb stick and when is the file found will shown that is upgrades to apply and have to select yes and just let that the player get the process done.

7th when the player ask for restart just wait that the restart be done by the player (note, already do not disconnect the usb stick from the blu ray player till the startup and initial home menu be shown).

for finish, get sure that was sucessfuly upgraded, in the final tab go to get details and must appear software number the one that appeared in the lastest realease.

now change the language to your main language and setup the network and the personal preferences and is everything done.

now your player is really upgraded.

this also can be valid for another versions of blu ray players for europe mainly ie the versions for germany, france etc .

the language change at the beginning of the process is because the blu ray Philips and the firmware both must be of the same language, ie if your device is the language setup in german, the firmware that must download must be in german too, if is of another language will just get an error of upgrade at beginning and will not get anything done.

now many times the firmwares of other languages are not released in the latest versions and this is a valid solution to get the latest upgrades, this procedure will not alterate any feature like the blu ray and dvd zone just will upgrade the main firmware and add new features also.

i hope that be of help this

best regards
francisco

kwinnie
06-14-2012, 02:38 AM
thanks for your info. didnt know this.
i have a /98 version player and i dont have to change the language settings before my upgrade. so this sounds a bit strange to me. anyways, glad that you have upgraded ur player. ur youtube issue solved already?

scandisk
06-14-2012, 02:42 AM
well i discovered that when i downlaoded the firmware in spanish never the blu ray player did the upgrade, seem that the spanish firmware file is not updated or a problem with those blu rays that are manufactured for Chile have an problem,

the problem with youtube is solved and also added Picasa icon and the youtube application is similar to the one that is on the NETTV blu ray players and televisions with those full internet access system.

saurabhagarwal_2000
06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Scandisk, Philips should pay you for solving this issue !

kwinnie
06-14-2012, 07:45 AM

:D
so saurabhagarwal_2000, you are with the same issue? and can be solved in the way suggested above?
i m just checking out why my chinese version doesnt need to do that step

scandisk
06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
so saurabhagarwal_2000, you are with the same issue? and can be solved in the way suggested above?

discovered the gunpowder,lol.

if the same issue that many others can be solved by follow the same steps and instead of applicating your official language firmware uses the english firmware then i think is enough to me, just posted this because nobody had those problems and perhaps would be as an specie of sticky post and get focused in other things the forum.

Perhaps the chinesse version do not need that steps because are the english and chinesse firmware the clone of each other just can be changed the language programming at beginning of the programmed file, just that, but the spanish version of the firmware for Chile is outdated and Philips Chile even do not notice that error.

i think that the headquarters of Philips in Holland must notify of that error to the subsidiary in Chile to that be corrected, i could solve the problem because i know english and am able of post in that language, but many users do not know english language and probably do not know how to solve the same problem.

could enable in the forum some spaces in the board in other languages ie spanish,german,french, etc and from there startup.

just as suggestion.

best regards

Francisco

saurabhagarwal_2000
06-14-2012, 06:57 PM

well fortunately I am already using English version, so no need for those steps, but I wonder about the complications users have to deal with to use a product !

scandisk
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM

i think they would have to pay me a lot by that, i have found even translation errors in the menues of the product and also translation errors that are just not understandable to the users, when try of upgrade the firmware the dialog box is wrongly translated, consider a revision to the spanish translation.

i wonder if here the headquarter in Chile is not doing their work as should do or is Philips global who is not releasing the updated firmware in the current version in the spanish language variant, and have to bear with those complicated steps and changing the blu ray language for make an simple upgrade process. i also consider that i need an explanation and that be a valid one by part of somebody that here represent to Philips directly and not an designed moderator.

is first time that even do an upgrade with another language firmware, one time i got an Home theatre Philips but i noticed that ended in another number and not in /55 and also had scart output and we in the americas do not use that type of connection we use Video component y-pb
-pr and Composite video and tried of upgrade the firmware with one in another language, the thing that got was make the home theatre system get locked in the zone 2 and the system come originally from factory with multizone or unlocked the zones, so had to return back to the store and get an LG home theatre system due the bad coherency between Philips Chile and Philips Global.

best regards

Francisco