PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.48.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)

petasis
06-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info. Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

I haven't managed to find the list of changes.

Toengel
06-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Hi,

Download for 21:9 still not uploaded yet. Hopefully soon.

@Philips - Thomas
Can you provide a changelog, please?

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
06-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi,

Download for 21:9 still not uploaded yet. Hopefully soon.

@Philips - Thomas
Can you provide a changelog, please?

Toengel@Alex

Firmware for 21:9 still not uploaded,
Strange...
Nick

Toengel
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi,

changelog from German Philips Forum:

- Not possible to access NetTV due to country Selection. (Ukraine)

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
So, actually not really interesting for the rest of the world..

Alex, is it already available for you TV?
Curious if there is maybe more than that: is you're issue with the smearing less...

Chris.

Erikrijnders
06-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Some mentioned an update coming on with full HbbTV functionallity (new Opera browser??). Not in this one? He even mentioned an update coming on with now/next when zapping.

His source: Philips Belgium.

Toengel
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi,

no - no Q5553 update available yet (for 21:9 and M models). :-(

Toengel@Alex

Gerhard
06-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi,

Some mentioned an update coming on with full HbbTV functionallity (new Opera browser??)....

well I think this is necessary. After some weeks of not using the "red" button
on Pro7 and/or Sat1, I wanted to check their mediathek, but my good old
40PFL9705 refused to load these pages - this used to work a couple of weeks ago.

Whom to blame here? The broadcast companies that changed their HbbTV
sites (I'm not sure about this)? Or is Opera simply too old?
Or did I trap into another problem?

Any ideas here?

Anyway - seems my TV set becomes more and more useless :(
I think I'll do the tenth (or so) update...

- Gerhard

Toengel
06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi,

2010 TVs do not support the HbbTV specification. They only support CE-HTML (via Opera browser), which is only a small part of the HbbTV specification.

The Pro7/Sat1 apps were removed, since they were changed and they do not work anymore with only CE-HTML. But this happened some months ago.

Toengel@Alex

Gerhard
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Alex, thanks for the clarification.
I was too busy (or call it lazy) to dig somewhat deeper here.

So from my point of view it's more than necessary to update the browser to support
HbbTV - it's really a shame. Even my cheap Toshiba TV is capable to show HbbTV contents.
It really seems that my TV decays to a pretty expensive piece of scrap.

Same for Now and Next, but this seems to be another story.

- Gerhard

Erikrijnders
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi,

2010 TVs do not support the HbbTV specification. They only support CE-HTML (via Opera browser), which is only a small part of the HbbTV specification.

The Pro7/Sat1 apps were removed, since they were changed and they do not work anymore with only CE-HTML. But this happened some months ago.

Toengel@Alex

Well, your statement says it all. When the CE-HTML functionallity doesnot work any more for the new apps, Philips must do something to make HbbTV work on the 2010-sets.

As someone on this forum stated: an update is coming on with this issue solved. He even talked about a now/next when zapping update. (It could be that you can open a small box when you push the blue button like on the 2011 sets?)

ali54
06-16-2012, 09:15 AM
no change at all wast of time

Lech1
06-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Just upgraded 46PFL8605H/12 and have lost network connection permanently. My connection is wired. Did factory reset, new TV installation from the beginning, but to no avail.

I have replaced router, cables but still no success. However, wireless connection still works. Anyone encountered similar issue after upgrading?

jielse
06-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I hope Philips wil add that it is not possible to access ip-epg in Sweden on 2010 models (at least not possible on the 8605 i use and has not been for more than 6 months). SmartTV can be accessed.
Hoping for a change with every new FW release. Anyone else experience similar problems?
Ciao

Chrissie18
06-17-2012, 05:58 PM
For the IP-EPG: See red anouncement on the top of the page...

Toengel
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi,

@Philips
Do 58PFL9955 users also get this update (I think this model was also sold in the Ukraine)?

Toengel@Alex

Mercutio
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi,

And what's about 5XX5 with A/V drops?

You forgot them?

Mercutio

limpitakis
06-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi,

@Philips
Do 58PFL9955 users also get this update (I think this model was also sold in the Ukraine)?

Toengel@Alex

Why do you think they do not release the latest firmware for the 21:9 model?
It is the first time I ever experience such a different approach.
Nick

Toengel
06-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi,

the 21:9 TVs are using a different firmware (Q5553) than the other 2010 TVs (Q5551). This Q5553 firmware is only used in M models (italian market) and the 21:9 Platinum. Looking at the changelog, it only fixes an issue for users in the Ukraine.

But I also think, that 21:9 were sold in the Ukraine. That's the reason I'm asking, if the 140.48 is also released for 21:9.

Toengel@Alex

IronJack
06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
from the official philips page (here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=it&scy=it&ctn=52PFL8605H/12)) here whats changed:

Q55xx_0.140.48.0(Publication date: 2012-06-13)

• not possible to access NetTV due to country Selection. (Ukraine)

.....and you make a firmware upgrade after so long with "only" just these? we showed the quality bugs and thats all? You dont care about the quality nor about "new" things (like EPG) so i repeat, whats the meaning of the these so called upgrade?

Chrissie18
06-19-2012, 06:09 PM
from the official philips page (here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=it&scy=it&ctn=52PFL8605H/12)) here whats changed:

.....and you make a firmware upgrade after so long with "only" just these? we showed the quality bugs and thats all? You dont care about the quality nor about "new" things (like EPG) so i repeat, whats the meaning of the these so called upgrade?

I think the people in the Ukraine that want to use NetTV and couldn't with version .47 would disagree with you...
BTW: I don't think it was that long ago that they released .47? (also looking at the versionnumber...)

Chris

punschula
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Philips
such "Updates" you can hold by yourself. Its a shame for you and a mocking for all the Customers. Buhhhhh

IronJack
06-19-2012, 06:27 PM
dont get me wrong. Its ok that they fixed that. Only was wondering why after months, they fixed only that. We proof that there are serious issues about quality. Not something light at at all...

Sev_Mor
06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
dont get me wrong. Its ok that they fixed that. Only was wondering why after months, they fixed only that. We proof that there are serious issues about quality. Not something light at at all...

Totaly agree!

For exemple, the issue with HDMI-CEC in PlayStation 3, that cause malfunction with remote control...Anyone can check if was fixed?

I wont upgrade to this firmware version, if it causes problems with ep-guide in my 8605.

I hope Philips can solve those issues soon.

Chrissie18
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I also totally understand: It also took quite some time on the audio via HDMI drops.
It's still happening occationally, but very rare...

Think they are mainly working on the 2012 models. Hope there's still some time to do some 'tweaking' on the 'older' models...

Freddy
06-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Think they are mainly working on the 2012 models. Hope there's still some time to do some 'tweaking' on the 'older' models...

Like this?... :p

el911wood
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Totaly agree!

For exemple, the issue with HDMI-CEC in PlayStation 3, that cause malfunction with remote control...Anyone can check if was fixed?

No Philips don't !
I reported this problem with firmware .46 six months ago.
I lose all my hope, that this software will ever fixed.

Found a new (?) function: Channel sort allows to use a list of unscrambled broadcasts.

regards

Sev_Mor
06-22-2012, 08:29 AM
No Philips don't !
I reported this problem with firmware .46 six months ago.
I lose all my hope, that this software will ever fixed.

Found a new (?) function: Channel sort allows to use a list of unscrambled broadcasts.

regards

Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunely i'm losing my hope too, about any good news from Philips, to fix those issues on 2010 models.

Anyway we can only wait for a "miracle".

Best regards.

Pety99
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi

Is there anyone who has already installed this new FW? How is the picture, is better than the FW 140.46?
: Confused:

christophexxx
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
For me, the picture is not so bad exept for two things :

1 - Sharpness is too high on all HDMI inputs (must be set to 3 to be equal with the TV tuner with the sharpness set to 5) ==> this problem is present on all softwares not only this one.

2- Extrem in-motion smearing especially when picture is dark.

Philips - Benedickte
06-29-2012, 02:22 PM
For me, the picture is not so bad exept for two things :

1 - Sharpness is too high on all HDMI inputs (must be set to 3 to be equal with the TV tuner with the sharpness set to 5) ==> this problem is present on all softwares not only this one.

2- Extrem in-motion smearing especially when picture is dark.

Hi Christophexx

Could you please confirm to me When this Extrem in-motion smearing started ( in example after last SW update)

Thank you

Benedickte

christophexxx
06-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Christophexx

Could you please confirm to me When this Extrem in-motion smearing started ( in example after last SW update)

Thank you

Benedickte

Hi Benedickte

I confirm that this problem started after last SW update (140.48.0) It's present not only on the TV tuner, so it's not a DVB algorithm error.

Regards

Christophe

Toengel
06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi,

what firmware did you had before upgrading to 140.48?

Toengel@Alex

christophexxx
06-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi,

what firmware did you had before upgrading to 140.48?

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel

I had 140.47 and the others before since 140.37

Regards

punschula
06-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi Toengel

I had 140.47 and the others before since 140.37

Regards

Hi together,

i think, the most can confirm, that the problems with the Picture are started with the "Evil" 140.4xx
I)s this only my expirience? But the best for me is in the moment the 140.37. Only the Autozoom is available in 140.34 and lower. Why?? I dont know. Is nobody as i missing this function too??

Toengel
06-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I have Autozoom with 140.47

Toengel@Alex

ali54
06-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi together,

i think, the most can confirm, that the problems with the Picture are started with the "Evil" 140.4xx
I)s this only my expirience? But the best for me is in the moment the 140.37. Only the Autozoom is available in 140.34 and lower. Why?? I dont know. Is nobody as i missing this function too??

you are right after 0.40 the picuter got bad and down grading to older firmwear it dosent help on my tv. i think there was a bug in 0.40

Freddy
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM

With what firmware version did you notice this first?... Because it definitely was not there from the beginning: 140.25 has exactly the same sharpness on all inputs and internal tuners, provided the signal is similar of course.

punschula
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Hi,

I have Autozoom with 140.47

Toengel@Alex

Hi Alex,
i have the 52PFL8605 with external SAT Technisat HD8+ and i have tried any time to switch between the 140.34 and 140.37 and higher. But the result is every Time the same: No Autozoom with 140.37 and higher Versions. Strange... And i remember, that other Users have confirmed this, too.

christophexxx
07-01-2012, 11:53 AM
With what firmware version did you notice this first?... Because it definitely was not there from the beginning: 140.25 has exactly the same sharpness on all inputs and internal tuners, provided the signal is similar of course.

To be precise the real problem is super resolution auto control:

- on TV tuner with HD signal ==> sharpness is in the standard because super resolution is in fact inactive
- on TV tuner with SD signal ==> the sharpness is lower than without super resolution in order to soften SD picture

- on HDMI with HD signal ==> sharpness is too high, not in the standard because super resolution is always active. ==>picture is ok for HD with super resolution off.

- on HDMI with SD signal ==> sharpness is lower (in the standard) with super resolution on and too high with super resolution off. ==> picture is OK for SD with super resolution on

software solution to resolve this problem : Even in the on position, super resolution should be inactive on HD signal and active on SD to soften the picture ==> exactly as the TV tuner

This problem was present for me from the beginning (140.37)

Freddy
07-01-2012, 11:41 PM
To be precise the real problem is super resolution auto control:

[...]

This problem was present for me from the beginning (140.37)

Thanks for that detailed description of the problem and the way Super Resolution is supposed to work.

Especially the way SR should work is interesting because, as I've mentioned a few times in another thread, on the 32" PFL9705 there is NO difference between setting SR to On or Off. I've tried it many times, with analog signals, digital signals through SCART, internal SD tuner, DVD (SD) and Blu-ray (HD) through HDMI and even files on USB: turning Super Resolution on or off makes no difference whatsoever!

The only thing I'm wondering now is, as the setting seems to do nothing on the 32PFL9705, is Super Resolution in fact always on or always off!?... Could you give me an example how I could figure that out?... Maybe with a test picture of which you know how some details should look like with Super Resolution On and Off?...

Thanks again in advance! :)

ali54
07-02-2012, 04:32 PM
@freddy the only time i have seen sr working is on freeview hd or sky hd never seen it work on bluray and with new firmwear it dosent work as well as old firmwears

Erikrijnders
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.totaaltv.nl/nieuws/9560/SBS_zet_HbbTV_in_de_startblokken.html

Please Philips. Let us know when the 2010-models will het the full functionalluty of HbbTV.
I think you know customers are doing 10 years with a tv!!

christophexxx
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
@Freddy, if you don't see a difference SR is always off. To be ok, the picture must be analysed with a 1920*1080 patern and the white verticals bands should have same brightness on all bandwidth. Anyway if the picture is good for you, don't worry. SR on is like sharpness at level 7

Freddy
07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your answers guys! :)

As this discussion about Super Resolution actually belongs in my other thread, I quoted your answers there and responded to them. Please take a look at:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3653-Super-Resolution-bug-on-PFL9705/page2

Paladium
07-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Don't know if there is a particular relation with the current software but my TV reboots (and keeps rebooting) every time my cable-TV provider has a channel update.
This also happens sometimes when I open Net-TV.

Edit: Yesterday in the evening it happened again. It's the pop-up stating an update is available and will be installed after TV goes into standby that causes the TV to reboot.

46PFL9705 sw 140.48
BDP8000 sw 1.63
YSP-4100 sw 7.03
Quantis CI+, ZIGGO Netherlands

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Paladium,

what exactly is the content of that Message?

Thanks
Thomas

Paladium
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
It's in Dutch, translated it could be " a channel update is available and will be installed after the TV goes into stand-by"

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi

okay that is very strange, can you please follow up with your local support:
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Thomas

Freddy
07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
That problem is present in all previous firmware versions as well.
Turning the notification off is an easy fix though!... Updates will still be done, you're just not being told about them. So what?... ;)

Paladium
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Did not have this issue untill a month or two ago. So can't confirm it excisted in previous sw versions as well.
Turning on this particular notification made me aware this was the cause of this behaviour i.e. the rebooting occurs even with the notification option turned off.

Turning the notification off is an easy fix though!... Updates will still be done, you're just not being told about them. So what?... ;)

Freddy
07-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Did not have this issue untill a month or two ago. So can't confirm it excisted in previous sw versions as well.
Turning on this particular notification made me aware this was the cause of this behaviour i.e. the rebooting occurs even with the notification option turned off.
Hmmm.... Well, then it's obviously not the same problem...

Just a thought, since you said it didn't occur until a month or two ago:
did Ziggo change the CI+ firmware and/or is it maybe possible to disable Automatic Updates completely in the CI+ settings?...

Paladium
07-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not aware my CI+ firmware is updated.
Could be you are right concerning disabling the update function. Then again I'm not planning on turning off every single funcion the TV has on offer just to use it without running into problems.
Both TV and CI+ module are "ZIGGO" certified so it should work.

With my BDP8000 player I had to disable internet acces over WIFI to be able to play back the movie Avatar and Easylink to avoid all kinds of funny behaviour.
In my opinion I've already spent to much time getting my current set-up to work at least halfway descent.

P.s. Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your help. I simply think this TV set requires to much user input to obtain or maintain an enjoyable experience.

Freddy
07-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Then again I'm not planning on turning off every single funcion the TV has on offer just to use it without running into problems.I agree. When it's not that important (the notification), I don't mind. But the actual updating should work without any problems, of course.

With my BDP8000 player I had to disable internet acces over WIFI to be able to play back the movie Avatar and Easylink to avoid all kinds of funny behaviour.I recognize the EasyLink part (a BDP7500B2 in my case); I have that disabled as well.

P.s. Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your help. I simply think this TV set requires to much user input to obtain or maintain an enjoyable experience.I understand... :rolleyes:

Niels
07-26-2012, 07:57 AM

I have this problem now for more than half a year. Turning of the notification indeed does not show the message, but the TV still REBOOTS (black screen and no sound for one or two seconds). This is very annoying when it happens a couple of times per evening!

Peer
07-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Same issue here, channel update causes reboot. Must say that the reboot not always happens. Another reboot is triggered often with scrolling through the apps when NetTV is started the first time and the dots are still running. Must wait until it's stable and fully loaded then most of the time it won't reboot.

I see new updates for the 2011 and 2012 models, on the 2010 models side however it's very quiet ! Philips, is the development of new software stopped for the 2010 models ???

Erikrijnders
07-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I donot hope so! I am still awaiting an update for HbbTV (full functionallity).
The EPG in Holland is still far from complete.
EPG when zapping is still not there after two years of complaining.

Paladium
07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
@Niels and Peer,

Guess you're both from The Netherlands. Do you use a CI+ module? What TV model do you have ?

The rebooting can be suspended for some period by switching the TV set off via the button on the set itself. Can you confirm this ?

lardys
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi sorry if in wrong section but have the 9705 and purchased the 3d glasses and updated the firmware but ever since doing so my 3d has been great but when I watch cable tv or dvb my tv
picture keeps freezing and then a black screen then it comes back to normal, It does this every 60 seconds which is very annoying is there a way I can uninstall the 3d software and go back to the beginning, i have already reinstalled to factory but it still installs the 3d software..please can anyone help.

Peer
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
@Niels and Peer,

Guess you're both from The Netherlands. Do you use a CI+ module? What TV model do you have ?

The rebooting can be suspended for some period by switching the TV set off via the button on the set itself. Can you confirm this ?

Yes, CI+ module, TV PFL9705H

lardys
07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi not using cl+ module i have virgin TiVo box also switched tv off by the button on tv but it still goes off every minute or so. Have a 40pfl9705.

Niels
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
@Niels and Peer,

No, NOT using a CI+ module. TV model is 7605C12 and using PTA01 dongle for wireless network access.
When TV reboots too often we put the TV off or in standby for more than 3 minutes and then back on. Most of the times the problem is gone for a while then.

Niels

Chrissie18
08-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Yesterday I actually had my first reboot of the TV:
I had a quick look at the IP_EPG to see some information about a TV program that was on, but probably I selected it before the page was ready loading:
black screen
ambilight off
ambilight on
picture back...

really strange to see...

gr,
Chris

Freddy
08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
have the 9705 and purchased the 3d glasses and updated the firmware but ever since doing so my 3d has been great but when I watch cable tv or dvb my tv
picture keeps freezing and then a black screen then it comes back to normal, It does this every 60 seconds which is very annoying is there a way I can uninstall the 3d software and go back to the beginning, i have already reinstalled to factory but it still installs the 3d software..
Hi lardys,

I hope you figured it out already, but if not...
it sounds like you installed the OLD firmware that was originally included with the 3D glasses. You do not need that firmware, as long as you're using any reasonably recent firmware version (140.25 and up).
So if this is the case, just install one of these recent versions and you should be fine again...

ali54
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
when are we going to see new update and is philips going to fix the poor pictuer quality if not im going to sell it and buy the panasoinc st50

punschula
09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
when are we going to see new update and is philips going to fix the poor pictuer quality if not im going to sell it and buy the panasoinc st50
Agree. I was a faithful Customer from Philips over 35 Years. But this TV was definitley the last. Philips, it is a poverty certificate, what you do with us.

ali54
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Agree. I was a faithful Customer from Philips over 35 Years. But this TV was definitley the last. Philips, it is a poverty certificate, what you do with us.

i see you not happy to. wich tv you got and what problem do you have with your tv

punschula
09-07-2012, 06:05 AM
i see you not happy to. wich tv you got and what problem do you have with your tv
Hi Ali54,
my TV is a 52PFL8605 with Firmware 140.39 and external Sat Technisat HD8+. Autozoom is only working with 140.34 and above. 3D is not, what i wish to see (Ghosting). Sometimes in the Week the Ambilight is not on after starting TV. Sometimes in the week i have no Signal after start. Often i have black Blocks in the Picture like Memory. But i am shure, this Problems can be fixed with a good Update. But the newer Updates 140.40 and higher are more and more bad (Blurring, washed Pictures, that are not Sharp...). But no Reaction from Philips.

tschaimes
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, I also own an 52PFL8605 and I think I am not able to buy a new one each year. My intention to buy a Philips was, supporting a european company. But when I see that Samsung grants the possibility to get HW and SW upgrades for 5 years my next choice is clear.
(Philips 2011 range supports USB keyboard, possibility to connect harddrive for recording, HTTP JSON support!!! My TV is 2010 range :-( )

ali54
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM
punschula thank you for you feed back and as you say the problem for me is the same with new updates the pictuer is poor at times the colouers are wash out not very inky and no pop to the pictuer and i own 46/9705 tell you the truth i dont think we are going to see a good update to fix this problems now so its time to move on im just waiting now for next month im going to get the new panasoinc st50 or vt50 wich both got very good review from av forum

niiico
09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi,

did anyone tried the net tv fix proposed in the FAQ by downgrading to 140.34 fw? I tried, but the tv doesn't see the "old" firmware on the USB stick (the file is the one provided in the FAQ) and I found no way to force TV to downgrade with this file.

Anyone?

Toengel
09-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi,

try: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?966-Is-there-a-Guaranteed-way-to-downgrade-140.XX-software&p=3176&viewfull=1#post3176

Toengel@Alex

niiico
09-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Thank you, but it is not working. The TV doesn't see the 140.34 firmware. Tried with 2 differnents usb sticks.
If I put the 140.48, which is the version in the TV, it sees it...

Toengel
09-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi,

try the following:

- format USB stick with fat
- create a folder "upgrades"
- copy the autorun.upg into that folder
- start the update manually via the configuration menu

Toengel@Alex

niiico
09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
It works with 140.47 fw, but I can't put 140.34 which is still not seen. 140.32 is neither seen... Why?

The TV is now on 140.46 fw and I'll stop to play with fw before to get bigger problems. Net tv still not working.

If someone has an idee to allow the 140.34 fw to be applied on my TV, I take any suggestion.

Toengel
09-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi,

try with firmware 140.36: http://philips.samipupu.com/9xx5.html

Toengel@Alex

niiico
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Nope, not working...

Toengel
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi,

what TV do you have exactly?

Toengel@Alex

niiico
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi,

I have a 40PFL8505K.

Nico

Niels
09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi,

I have a 40PFL8505K.

Nico

I noticed the same problem with my 32PFL7605C12.
When I insert a USB stick with 140.47 it starts installing
When I insert the same USB stick with 140.36 (downloaded from samipupu) it does nothing.

Niels

ali54
09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
i have downgraded to 0.40 and this is was the update where the pictuer was very poor but now it looks ok so im wondering if this version of update was changed by philips before it was put up for download on samipupu.com can any one confirm my findings

christophexxx
09-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi

My TV was sold with firmware 140.37 and I can't install firmware before 140.37 because it was the factory firmware.

Toengel
09-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I think you can downgrade...

Toengel@Alex

niiico
09-13-2012, 06:16 PM
If he has the same problem as us, he won't be able... @christophexxx, can you try please?

ali54
09-13-2012, 06:37 PM
my tv came with 0.34 and i cant go blow that firmwear if any one nos how to plz let me no

christophexxx
09-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi,

I tried lot of time
1- with the cold restart method,
2- with the folder upgrades method
3- with many firmware on usb : only firmwares after 140.37 "were seen" by the TV

I remember on the service manual, at the service menu pages, you have something like "first software 140.xx, actual software 140.xx". so it seems there is a limitation.

Paladium
09-17-2012, 05:36 PM
See message # 43 over here : http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5811-32PFL6606-12-turns-black-at-random-moments&p=41054#post41054

Didn't solve the reboot problem caused by, related to or accompanied by the "channel update" message.

christophexxx
09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi,

1- Sticker effect in dark scenes
2- no détails at all in dark scenes
3- Not the same level of resolution/mpeg artefact reduction/super resolution on TV compare with HDMI (with the same channel of course)

Regards

ali54
10-20-2012, 11:16 AM
no more waiting for updates for me now i got my panasonic st50 and im very happy with it:)

Erikrijnders
10-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Same for me. My next TV will definitaly not be a Philips. Never seen a customer unfriendly brand.

psikopat
10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi
after updating my 46PFL9705K to the newest firmware 000.140.048.000 I can't receive no epg (programm guide) any more. When calling the epg overview, no informations are showed. I tried both: epg from network, epg from station. Nothing happens...this is more than annoying.

I tried to downgrade to an elder sw-version...no firmware is showed anymore (i followed also the tips on these pages: fat, upgrade folder, cold start, manually, ect....no chance

I'm very, very disappointed with Philips :( ...plz help, thx!

punschula
10-23-2012, 06:32 AM
I agree totally,
i am very disappointed. After nearly 30 Years Philips i buy another Model from another brand.
I am shure, there is no good Update in sight for our Models. And i have no more patience for this.
Really, really unfriendly, Philips. I hope, you get what you earn.....

petasis
11-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi
after updating my 46PFL9705K to the newest firmware 000.140.048.000 I can't receive no epg (programm guide) any more. When calling the epg overview, no informations are showed. I tried both: epg from network, epg from station. Nothing happens...this is more than annoying.

I tried to downgrade to an elder sw-version...no firmware is showed anymore (i followed also the tips on these pages: fat, upgrade folder, cold start, manually, ect....no chance

I'm very, very disappointed with Philips :( ...plz help, thx!

You should call customer support. You can find previous firmwares in unofficial mirrors.
Search in google for "samipupu".

Paladium
11-08-2012, 07:49 AM
The reboot thing with my 46PFL9705 continues ! Just before the ending of my warranty I contacted Philips support regarding this issue.
They sent over a company to repair or fix:
- Constant rebooting when watching TV over cable accompanied with a message stating "a channel update is available and will be installed after TV goes into stand-by".
- Troubles when connecting more than one HDMI device when HDMI-CEC is enabled on all these devices.
- Humming noise from Ambilight.
Since having the HDMI problems from day 1 I have become more or less to terms with it and only use HDMI 1. This means I have to operate several remotes when using my BDP8000 player: so be it.

At my home the technician adviced, contrary to an earlier fix I found at these forums, to leave automatic updates "on" and to do a manual channelupdate on a regular basis to prevent spontanious rebooting of the TV set.
He didn't have a solution for the HDMI issue other than stating "TV sets are becoming like complex computers these days" and "in spite of the claims HDMI-CEC isn't a robust standard yet".
He than, somewhat reluctantly, replaced the motherboard and fitted a new modified power supply.
Result :
- Humming noise was gone.
- My HTS on HDMI 1 was switched on instantly when starting the TV set, and shut down instantly when turing it of. Well for a couple of days at least.
- Within 2 weeks the random reboots started again. The only workable solution to date is to power of the set completely, pull the powerplug and wait for at least 10 minutes before powering up again. In effect similar to replacing the motherboard when the power was switced of completely for over an half hour.

Again contacted Philips support to report that the repair was to no avail concerning the rebooting. Looking into his computer the helpdesk employee noticed my warranty had expired and further action would be at my expense. After a short conversation he agreed with the argument this should be a warranty on the repair itself (which is three months).
Things were put into motion and within a few days the repair company phoned to make an appointment and a date was fixed.
On that day itself (I had to take some hours off) I was phoned again with the message that the technician who did the earlier repair wasn't able to fix the rebooting problem . So it made no sense to come over.

Again contacted Philips support: they now handed my case file over to the "commercial department" to see what the next move could be. To be continued.............

Update: within 1hr after entering this message (coincidence ?) a representative of the commercial department contacted me asking for further details regarding my case.

niiico
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I finally got my netTV working. Philips changed the main board since they were unable to downgrade the firmware. Running now a 140.47 fw and everything looks fine.

Just one thing, the standby LED is much (too much...) brighter than before. Can't explain why.

Toengel
12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi,

maybe a new firmware in the coming months? Check this post: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5811-32PFL6606-12-turns-black-at-random-moments&p=48122&viewfull=1#post48122

Toengel@Alex

Niels
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Thank you for referring to this post Toengel, but there is no guarantee from Philips that a new Firmware will be released the coming months. But lets keep hoping for it...

Niels

Niels
12-22-2012, 05:16 PM
The reboot thing with my 46PFL9705 continues !
<...>
Again contacted Philips support: they now handed my case file over to the "commercial department" to see what the next move could be. To be continued.............

Update: within 1hr after entering this message (coincidence ?) a representative of the commercial department contacted me asking for further details regarding my case.

Paladium,

Did you get any further with help from Philips last month?

Niels

Paladium
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Paladium,

Did you get any further with help from Philips last month?

Niels

Philips told me the above behaviour (the rebooting) is "within specifications" since it occured even before the mainboard was replaced and asked me to to supply them with some video material showing the rebooting sequence. Did so on 27-11-2012, no answer yet.

After reading about the rebooting and HDMI problems from owners all over Europe involving Philips 2010, 2011 and 2012 TV-sets it's plain obvious (to me at least) these problem are caused by Philips.
The HDMI problem with my 46PFL9705 is present from day 1, the rebooting problem was introduced after releasing FW 140.047/048.

As mentioned earlier the HDMI issue is under control by not using HDMI-CEC and therefor using some extra remotes. The rebooting however constitutes an issue regarding the core task of this device: watching TV.
It's a complete mysterie to me how this can be within specifications.
It seems to me Philips has given up on this particular issue leaving their customers in the cold.

As a dutch national I used to be proud of the Philips brand. Not anymore. Premium price for not even mediocre quality. It's a shame.

Greenoasis
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi I have a Philips LCD TV 37PFL8404H/12 (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=37PFL8404H/12&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=SI&slg=ENG) and my feedback is:

Still missing:
- Please add USB subtitles support

stein
02-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I upgraded my 8005 from .36 (?) to .48 and finally I no longer have the problem with audio dropping. Just took them a couple of years.

johny_sk
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
It's the end of the update?

johngialips
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
It's the end of the update?

no, it`s the end of all useless updates

johny_sk
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Today we celebrate - a year ago came last update for Philips TV

Flimmer
06-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Maybe this page can help: http://www.tvtvtv.dk :)