PDA

View Full Version : installing subwoofer to led 4000 series?

jslaterdk
06-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi, again a question... my LED smart tv 4000series, hov can i connect the subwofer i have, my cables are red and white and dont know how to connect it... hope i can get some help :)

best regards

Toengel
06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi,

you cannot connect external speakers directly to your TV. You need to connect a home theater system or similar to your TV. On this system you connect your speakers.

Toengel@Alex

Corneel
06-14-2012, 09:58 AM
I think you can. :)
Your TV has a mini scart connector.
The converter cable “mini-scart - to – scart” is delivered with your TV.

From “scart” you can convert to “cinch”.
There you can plug-in the subwoofer.
The subwoofer needs to be an “active” version (with build-in amplifier) and needs to have volume control, because the audio level from the scart connecter is at a fixed level.

Toengel
06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi,

the SCART connector on Philips-TVs are only Inputs. But you can use the Headphone out (it's controlled separately), if your sub is an active one.

Toengel@Alex

jslaterdk
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
okay thank you VERY much, i think that should be the thing that solves the problem :) i will return if not hehe :)

jslaterdk
06-20-2012, 08:46 AM
okay i have now tried to connect it through the converter cable... and it is an active sub.. its the creative gigaworks t3... so quality should be good ;) but still nothing... is there somthing i should consider checking? and maybe the headphones out, is that the one on the side??

nimbystripes
06-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Simply check the manual/guide and be sure that you have the right cable to connect from your sub-woofer to your LED TV. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png